PDA

View Full Version : New Dash Farkle - Clean up the "bare screw" look of the Spyder RT dash.

finless
11-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Hate the bare screw look on the dash of a Spyder RT?
I looked for a long time to try to find plug caps, etc to cover the screw holes in the dash bezel.
I went to all kinds of "fastener" places looking. Everything was American thread not Metric.

Finally found something that worked on Ebay.

Hope you like the idea and video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjTbBCeqPyE

Enjoy,
Bob

GunDoctor
11-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Very nice mod. I have used the chrome buttons from Harley Davidson on all my Allen wrench bolt heads which push in to the hex slots.

finless
11-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Very nice mod. I have used the chrome buttons from Harley Davidson on all my Allen wrench bolt heads which push in to the hex slots.

I looked at those but they would not work on these screws due to the depth and angle of the bezel's holes.

Bob

GunDoctor
11-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I think you found a great work around. You gave me an idea here. Tandy Leather has threaded chrome spikes that I have in the garage that I have used for many projects that just might work. They are very close to what you found in size.9918199182

finless
11-22-2014, 12:13 PM
I think you found a great work around. You gave me an idea here. Tandy Leather has threaded chrome spikes that I have in the garage that I have used for many projects that just might work. They are very close to what you found in size.

They gotta be metric! Nothing Harley is metric... Been there done that ;)

Bob