PDA

View Full Version : Just arrived in Maryland

rhansen309
11-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Hi all,
I just moved here from Michigan. My wife is still there waiting for our house to sell. I work in the Woodlawn area. Can anyone suggest any areas to live. It may be a bit before we start looking but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

tip
11-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Hi all,
I just moved here from Michigan. My wife is still there waiting for our house to sell. I work in the Woodlawn area. Can anyone suggest any areas to live. It may be a bit before we start looking but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would avoid Montgomery county for sure - taxes in Md. are out of hand. Iwould check before buying!!

Chupaca
11-21-2014, 10:55 PM
was there a couple of three times but only visiting so am no help in where to look. Hope your house sells quickly and the wife can join you...:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
11-21-2014, 11:05 PM
I don't know anything about the area but wanted to wish both of you much happiness there. I'll bet it is a bit warmer than Michigan.

SPWmike75
11-22-2014, 09:28 AM
I live in Montgomery County and the taxes here can be a bit of a bear. However, Frederick County is just one county north, is equidistant to Baltimore and DC and is surrounded by sweet roads. I do most of my ryding up there. Best of luck. :D

rhansen309
11-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Thanks everyone. I was looking at Frederick or Columbia.

Dan McNally
11-22-2014, 08:03 PM
I can't recommend where to live I MD but you owe it to yourself to check out the Maryland Spyder Web . . . a very active group of Spyder riders http://www.meetup.com/marylandspyderweb/

rhansen309
11-22-2014, 08:14 PM
I can't recommend where to live I MD but you owe it to yourself to check out the Maryland Spyder Web . . . a very active group of Spyder riders http://www.meetup.com/marylandspyderweb/

We have been looking at their site. Can't wait to next riding season!!! Thanks.

ulflyer
11-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Hi all,

I lived in Anne Arundel County for nearly 40 yrs. Taxes are bit cheaper than most, however, growth of NSA
and other Govt agencies have caused real estate to sky rocket all over the broad metro area betwn DC and Balt. Perhaps Hartford County north of Baltimore would be worth looking at too.

jonnysevel
11-23-2014, 07:59 AM
If you are working in Woodlawn.... I would look at either Catonsville or Owings Mills/ Reisterstown. Pm me if you want more specific info.. I have lived in this area my entire life