View Full Version : radio only seeks

dlby
11-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Howdy
I am new to Spyderdom & love it

2014rtse6
radio only seems to seek
not go up on # at a time

I want to hook up my portable blue tooth unit as my interface btween galaxyS5 phone & radio on Spyder.
the fm output on blue unit (tells me which station to go to
I need to listen to REO - Foghat & credence so please hep me

SpyderAnn01
11-21-2014, 12:11 AM
:welcome: I do believe that seek is all the radio does.

Ben Burped
11-21-2014, 12:28 AM
While the radio may not the best , it should do more than "seek". Make a list of your favorite stations and go see your dealer for a lesson on how to program your "presets" on your radio. These are all you can adjust while you are riding. There is a setting in the main menu preferences to select a region. Change this if the radio won't go to the correct tenths on the radio channel. Good luck and welcome.

dlby
11-21-2014, 12:54 AM
While the radio may not the best , it should do more than "seek". Make a list of your favorite stations and go see your dealer for a lesson on how to program your "presets" on your radio. These are all you can adjust while you are riding. There is a setting in the main menu preferences to select a region. Change this if the radio won't go to the correct tenths on the radio channel. Good luck and welcome.

I think I can do presets
but prob is it does not go 97.3 for example
that being one of stations my bluetooth will run through.
if there is (no signal it skips to a channell whith s signsl)
I have never owned a radio that would not go to each point?

dlby
11-21-2014, 01:05 AM
I think I can do presets

It will not go anywhere I want it to go
just to next Strong Signal
that to mr is not ability to (pre set)

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-21-2014, 01:06 AM
I think I can do presets
It stops only at the frequencies it senses a signal. If you want to go 97.3 but there is no station signal at 97.3 you're out of luck. My experience has been that the radio stops at almost every number because there is just enough static floating in from somewhere that the radio senses a signal. Very seldom does it skip numbers.

Have you tried turning on the FM output from the S5 and then seeking for it? That should work. If not, then I'd say your S5 isn't really putting out a signal.

dlby
11-21-2014, 01:13 AM
It stops only at the frequencies it senses a signal. If you want to go 97.3 but there is no station signal at 97.3 you're out of luck. My experience has been that the radio stops at almost every number because there is just enough static floating in from somewhere that the radio senses a signal. Very seldom does it skip numbers.

Have you tried turning on the FM output from the S5 and then seeking for it? That should work. If not, then I'd say your S5 isn't really putting out a signal.

Going to try that in morning
thot about it while posting
my radio does not stop but about 3 times on 3 strong stations
my subaru does that on seek.
but I have option called (tune)

Do u think they dont want me to use my $75 interface?

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Going to try that in morning
thot about it while posting
my radio does not stop but about 3 times on 3 strong stations
my subaru does that on seek.
but I have option called (tune)

Do u think they dont want me to use my $75 interface?
The buttons work the same on the Goldwing radio, and my Nissan car and pickup. However, the GW and Nissans have conventional knobs you can turn to go from station to station. Since there are no knobs on the Spyder radio I'm sure the design choice was to use the button to jump from preset to preset, or do a seek. That's consistent with pretty much all button controls on radios I would say.

Think about it a minute. How would you use a button to go number to number, preset to preset, and seek, all three when you only have two operation modes, short press and long press?

Read finless's method above again. What he suggests reads just like what you want to do. It does require some hoops jumping, but it should work.

dlby
11-21-2014, 05:30 AM
Thank all of you for help!

Heading South for few weeks to extend riding season & learning all I can quick as I can.
Now -- where is that can?