PDA

View Full Version : Trickle charger on 2013 St Ltd

Barbie
11-19-2014, 07:53 PM
I guess it's time to hook up my trickle charger on my ST. : (( Has anyone found an easy way to hook it up ?? This is my first winter to have it. I know you guys always have secrets to make things easier.

Chupaca
11-19-2014, 07:58 PM
you need a battery tender and not a trickle charger. You may have the right one but make sure. Hook up can be several ways. You can clip it onto the battery or jumper posts. Pigtail wire to the battery or thru the power outlet if set up for it. Many battery tenders come with these attachments...:thumbup:

SPYD3R
11-19-2014, 08:07 PM
DOESN'T GET ANY MORE SIMPLE THAN THAT....
dp

Cruzr Joe
11-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Not sure what the difference is between a "Trickle Charger" or a "Battery Maintainer", But i use a "Battery Tender Jr. " and never had any problems.

Cruzr Joe

retread
11-19-2014, 10:44 PM
A trickle charger puts the same current into a battery regardless of the charge level, a float charger, or maintainer, will bring the battery to a full charge, then "float" at that level. Many of the float chargers have a desulfate capability, which will extend the battery life.

john

Cruzr Joe
11-19-2014, 10:51 PM
A trickle charger puts the same current into a battery regardless of the charge level, a float charger, or maintainer, will bring the battery to a full charge, then "float" at that level. Many of the float chargers have a desulfate capability, which will extend the battery life.

john

Thanks, now I know.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
11-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Joe,
I'm glad to see that your Ban on electrical discussions has been lifted...
I'm shocked, that it was ever allowed to happen... :roflblack:

Barbie
11-21-2014, 05:32 PM
DOESN'T GET ANY MORE SIMPLE THAN THAT....
dp

I don't have the same set up as what you have. I wish it was that easy. I have a ST and it doesn't have a place to plug anything in on my dash. Also I have a battery tender. That's what I used on my Honda. I'm assuming that'll work ?????? Thanks

SPYD3R
11-21-2014, 05:46 PM
I don't have the same set up as what you have. I wish it was that easy. I have a ST and it doesn't have a place to plug anything in on my dash. Also I have a battery tender. That's what I used on my Honda. I'm assuming that'll work ?????? Thanks

BARBIE;
i installed the 12V plug, actually 4 of them... 2 on the dash, 1 in the frunk, and 1 under the seat...
the dash units are used for a radar detector, and phone. frunk is use for phone when riding in the rain, and under the seat powers my GPS...
you can buy the 12V plug adapters at CYCLE GEAR, and either install them yourself, or have you dealer install them... very easy to do...
after you've installed the 12V adapter, you'll need to visit your local Radio Shack and buy a 12V Plug... snip the alligator clips off the leads on the Battery Float/Trickler/Tender, and attached the 12V Plug to the wires... once completed, all you do is PLUG IT IN and forget about it.....
Good Luck...
99160 99161
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

retread
11-21-2014, 09:52 PM
If you look in the frunk, behind the liner, you'll find the cover for the battery. Couple of fasteners, you have access, hook it up.

john