PDA

View Full Version : idiots giving hunters a bad rap...

mowin
11-19-2014, 02:56 PM
I was heading home Sunday morning after deer hunting, and came around a corner on a state highway, to see a guy poke his gun out the window and shoot at a deer. He took off when he noticed me . I got a partial plate # and called our local game warden. I had no clue if the deer was hit, or if it was a buck or doe. I seen it run off thru the field, but lost site of if. Warden and I searched the field edge and found a beautiful 8pt buck just inside the woods. Most likely the deer would have gone to waste as I highly doubt the guy (notice I didn't call him a hunter) would have chanced coming back for the deer.

These guys give the honest hunter a bad rap. Haven't heard if the guy was found. I only had the the first # of the license plate.

ARtraveler
11-19-2014, 02:58 PM
:agree: Another idiot that should not have a gun. :yikes:

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Rob,
Thanks for doing the right thing! :clap::2thumbs:
You're right; that Thief is NOT a hunter... just another common criminal. :gaah:

As Hunters; we need to do things right. There's a lot of "Antis" out there, and they love to catch us in the "wrong"... :shocked:

cuznjohn
11-19-2014, 03:11 PM
ever watch NORTH WOODS LAW you can't believe how many people shoot at decoy deers and the wardens get them

ARtraveler
11-19-2014, 03:18 PM
ever watch NORTH WOODS LAW you can't believe how many people shoot at decoy deers and the wardens get them

They use that method here also. Featured a couple times on Alaska State Troopers. I like to see the bonzos get theirs. :yes:

mowin
11-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Rob,
Thanks for doing the right thing! :clap::2thumbs:
You're right; that Thief is NOT a hunter... just another common criminal. :gaah:

As Hunters; we need to do things right. There's a lot of "Antis" out there, and they love to catch us in the "wrong"... :shocked:

Scary part is there was a squatter living in his car 60 yrds beyond the field. If that bullet missed the deer, it could have hit the squatter. I drove by the field a few hrs later, and the troopers were dealing with that situation.

arntufun
11-19-2014, 06:46 PM
What the heck was this guy thinking.................... Any good hunter knows you only shoot deer out of the window of a car at night with a 200 million candle watt light pointing in their eyes. That fool should know, the deer freeze and it's much easier to hit them when they are blinded and can't move. Hunting deer is an easy sport at 1am.........

I love venison beef jerky !!!!! :bbq:

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 07:05 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
:shocked: You ARE joking; right? :D