PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Farkle question?

bronzeflex42
11-19-2014, 01:26 PM
I have not seen too many posts on adding chrome. It could be on here, but i just have not seen on here lately. I have 2012 Can Am RT Limited. I want to get the foot pegs, passenger floorboards, foot peg support brackets, and brake pedal chromed. Is it best to buy the parts already chromed from Can AM site or EBAY or if you can save money by having the parts chrome plated at a custom motorcycle shop? I also want to get the rear rim chromed too. I don't understand the two front wheels being chromed and the rear wheel painted gray. Has anyone had their Spyder RT chromed out? :dontknow:

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 01:40 PM
There have been several...
I think that it was Sting; who made it happen in a pretty spectacular way! :thumbup:
They may not be chroming the rear wheel, due to it's propensity to gather belt and brake dust... :shocked:

ARtraveler
11-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Can't give supplier info, but chrome is beautiful if you can afford it and don't mind a lot of polishing to keep it sparkling.

If you do it, please post a bunch of pictures. :thumbup:

Chupaca
11-19-2014, 08:46 PM
if you do it yourself. Make sure your chromer is honest and punctual. Have seen folks with their spyders out of commission for months waiting for chrome. Don't know why they don't offer the rear wheel chromed it is easier to clean than painted surfaces but they don't. Have seen people chrome the rear wheel and the sprocket and it looks good. Good luck and for sure pictures. :thumbup:

robtdonna
11-19-2014, 10:15 PM
I think the darker the color bike, the more chrome it needs, a lighter color like my Pearl White ...not so much. That being said, I have looked at BRPs prices for chrome items and... :gaah: . I would definitely see about having a shop

do the chroming.

GloryRyders
11-20-2014, 06:38 AM
We have everything chrome on our RT that BRP offers :2thumbs: I also agree that the "gray" rear wheel and belt assermbly doesn't work for us. We had ours all black powder coated and now it just sort of disappears and you no longer notice anything!

bronzeflex42
11-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the all the comments. I'm still at a cross road, weather to buy the parts all ready chromed like the footpegs, brackets etc. and put them on the bike, and let the cycle shop just chrome my rear rim or let the shop do all the chroming. If i go that route will the chrome look just as good as the chrome on my exhaust tip? I been searching EBAY and i see some good prices for those chrome parts except the rear rim of course.:gaah:

Pennyrick
11-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the all the comments. I'm still at a cross road, weather to buy the parts all ready chromed like the footpegs, brackets etc. and put them on the bike, and let the cycle shop just chrome my rear rim or let the shop do all the chroming. If i go that route will the chrome look just as good as the chrome on my exhaust tip? I been searching EBAY and i see some good prices for those chrome parts except the rear rim of course.:gaah:

Here are some pics of my '12 RT with chrome items added. I think the Pearl White looks good with some chrome added. My items are from Can Am including upper and lower vents and handlebars. I also added chrome strips in both 1/4" and 3/8" sizes around the front openings, along the tops of the flat surfaces on the fairing, back case and trailer hitch.

The rear wheel doesn't bother me because it is almost not visible, especially when the exhaust system is chromed.

-