PDA

View Full Version : think you could be this still

cuznjohn
11-19-2014, 03:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpxOFqxsyvw

vided
11-19-2014, 07:20 AM
only if i was napping, and i'm not sure even then.
cool video:thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 08:35 AM
When "Sonny-Boy was about 9; I took him in a ground blind with me...
We were under some Pine Trees; overlooking a corner of a field that had some pretty nice deer runs.
He whispers to me, "Dad, The deer are coming out from behind us..." (He was seated at a 90 degree angle to me...)
"FREEZE", I answer...
After about a minute; three does came by us, and entered the field... There was a fawn trailing them... That little cuss walked right up to us, and stuck his snout, right into the kid's face.
They went eyeball to eyeball for over a minute (It seemed like an hour!) Finally, it walked out into the field, and started grazing...
THEN... the kid started breathing again! :D :2thumbs:

cuznjohn
11-19-2014, 09:31 AM
almost the same thing happened to me, i was leaning on a rock wall as a back brace when all of a sudden a doe showed up on the other side of the wall. i watched her as she walked right up to me and she leaned over the wall and sniffed me.

acinpcola
11-19-2014, 11:49 AM
:thumbup: cool video

bruiser
11-19-2014, 12:19 PM
NO!!!​

ARtraveler
11-19-2014, 04:18 PM
I would not be able to freeze for any length of time. Good for them. :thumbup::thumbup:

jerpinoy
11-19-2014, 05:36 PM
He's thinking about bambi to grow with out mommy.

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 05:39 PM
You are now officially Anthropomorphizing... :banghead:

spyder3
11-19-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm glad he didn't shoot. you had me scared there cuz.

mowin
11-19-2014, 05:45 PM
I've had deer eating the "blind" I made out of brush while I was in it. She about turned inside out getting out of there. Had a black bear sniff my foot. Think we both stained ourselves. :yikes:

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm surprised that you fooled a bear so completely... :2thumbs: :bowdown:
As good as a deer's nose is; the one on a bear will simply put it back on the trailer!! :shocked:

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm glad he didn't shoot. you had me scared there cuz.

I don't know if the shot ever presented itself... we had a different viewing angle, and that tree may have been shielding that Buck JUST enough... :dontknow:
But it wouldn't have been a great shot anyway. Front on like that; the bullet would have plowed through the shoulder, sending bone fragments through perhaps just one lung...
It would have gone through the diaphragm, hit the stomach and intestines, and made a real mess out of the poor animal... :barf:
I prefer to put one through the boiler room: Both lungs, AND the heart! :thumbup: Quick, and relatively painless for the animal.

mowin
11-19-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm surprised that you fooled a bear so completely... :2thumbs: :bowdown:
As good as a deer's nose is; the one on a bear will simply put it back on the trailer!! :shocked:

I was in Maine and the homemade ladder stand was only 10 feet tall. I had twisted my ankle, so standing all eve was out of the question. I had to sit on the platform with my feet hanging off the side of the ladder. Bear came in from my right headed to the bait, but decided my legs were more interesting. Only time I really wished I was carrying a rifle instead of a bow.

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 07:04 PM
I tried my hand at hunting bear in Maine about 16 years ago...
It was cold! :shocked: :roflblack: