PDA

View Full Version : Got punched in the nose at 6:45 AM...Economy woes

AMTJIM
10-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Other than aircraft being turned in for storage, haven't had any new heavy iron fly in for repair or routine maintenance. While 2 of us in storage were very successful in valid billable hours, the rest of the facility is struggling. For no other reason other than nobody would do it, after working a regular shift, I volunteered to come back in at 2300 to finish repairs on a Dream Lifter so it could fly today. Finished and ops check good at 0530...day shift crews start rolling in finishing out my shift with some paperwork and got pulled aside...everyone but supervisors and leads being layed-off.
Taking a break from scouring the internets for a local chance at employment...If the best time to find a job is when you have one, I know when the 2nd best time is...blahhhh.

ataDude
10-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Good luck on the search!

Other than aircraft being turned in for storage, haven't had any new heavy iron fly in for repair or routine maintenance. While 2 of us in storage were very successful in valid billable hours, the rest of the facility is struggling. For no other reason other than nobody would do it, after working a regular shift, I volunteered to come back in at 2300 to finish repairs on a Dream Lifter so it could fly today. Finished and ops check good at 0530...day shift crews start rolling in finishing out my shift with some paperwork and got pulled aside...everyone but supervisors and leads being layed-off.
Taking a break from scouring the internets for a local chance at employment...If the best time to find a job is when you have one, I know when the 2nd best time is...blahhhh.

Smylinacha
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Sorry to hear about this! Nobody is safe anymore it seems :mad:. PM me if you need any help - we've got facilities everywhere.

bjt
10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear that AMTJIM. I work in the auto industry so I have been wary of every news clip that talks about cutbacks too. I pray that another, better, job opportunity opens up for you soon.

AMTJIM
10-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Sheeeesh...just got a call...I'm rehired for a special project...roller coasters, they're not all fun.

ingramwc
10-21-2008, 06:34 PM
I feel your pain, happened to me a while back. They tell you, "it ain't personal." Well when they take your paycheck, that's personal!
Good luck, I hope you find the right job soon! :2thumbs:

dltang
10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the call back, hope that special project lasts a long time for you.

Roaddog2
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
:clap:
Sheeeesh...just got a call...I'm rehired for a special project...roller coasters, they're not all fun.

AMTJIM
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
10 planes sold out of storage...get them flight ready...should last a while...still flung my resume into the internets.
thanx for all the well wishes

Smylinacha
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
:thumbup: Work real slow so you can stay busy longer!;)

StSpyder09
10-21-2008, 10:38 PM

AMTJIM,

I am so sorry to hear that:shocked:. No doubt, you'll find something soon. You can't keep a good man down. So, keep your head up, "cause every little thing, gonna be alright".:thumbup: