PDA

View Full Version : Spyder RT - Plans to use the Frame from the F3 ?

eddieshep999
11-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Anyone know if BRP are planning to change the Frame on the RT to the Frames as used on the F3

I know from a couple of posts here that the existing frame has stood up to accident damage but I like the look of the frame on the F3
and wondered if BRP are going to base the next update on the RT on the look of the F3
I know they are unlikey to announce any changes until later in 2015 but it would make sense to start to build the RT on the F3 Frame rather than have to have 2 different productions going on this would reduce cost to them and maybe they might consider passing this saving on to us

Chupaca
11-16-2014, 10:56 AM
but doubt it. Wrapping that frame would be a big job. I would think they will keep it as it is. The RT is their touring model and the F3 is their cruiser. I would think they will pause now or do something for their originals tge RS/RSS...:dontknow:

jaherbst
11-16-2014, 11:33 AM
New frame design was done in 2013 for the RT. Did not work well with the 998. Was a complete success with the 1330.

Jack

ThreeWheels
11-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Seems unlikely. I think the 2014 is a hit just the way it is.

StanProff
11-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Don't see another major change for the RT for maybe 4 years of so. The '14 RT is great as it is for a touring version of the Spyder. Maybe some slight styling changes in a year or to but I don't think they will mess with success. It's got the motor, heat management, storage and comfort all of us touring types want.
The 1330 can be tweaked up to 130 H.P. or more. BRP now has the platform to do what they would want with the RT.
The next change I see will be good news for RS owners and fans. I would bet the F3 frame and 1330 would be easily adapted to the sport model.

Bob Denman
11-16-2014, 12:27 PM
It would be pretty unlikely, that the bodywork could be transferred over from an RT, to the F3's chassis...
First of all; the radiators are mounted differently on the RT...
You'd also lack the ability to mount a rear hitch
The electronics packages may differ between the machines.
(Can you even ADD a radio to the F3?)

Sorry; I don't see this swap even happening at the factory level... :shocked: