PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RTS Highway Pegs

YellowSub
11-16-2014, 07:58 AM
I am looking for highway pegs for my 2014 RTSI have seen online two different sets one Spyderpops sells and one Rivco sells does anyone have a preference and does anyone know if one extend the leg further from the other.

PW2013STL
11-16-2014, 09:29 AM
I am looking for highway pegs for my 2014 RTSI have seen online two different sets one Spyderpops sells and one Rivco sells does anyone have a preference and does anyone know if one extend the leg further from the other.

I have no expeareance with the Rivco product so you will meed to hear from someone who does.

I have the ones from Lamont ( Spyderpops sells them). I first tried his FBB ones that mount off the floorboard, but with short legs (30" inseam) these made my legs spray out to far.

I then went with the same ones that Spyderpops sells. These work great, but I did get the extended peices that Lamount sells to allow me to have the pegs clear the lower wings on the Spyder. This then allow the pegs to be closer to the Spyder body reducing my leg spread.

For the times that I want to fully stretch out my legs I just rest the back of my boots on the pegs.

Mr. White
11-16-2014, 10:32 AM
I have a set from Lamont and a BRP comfort seat to be installed this week. I am 6'4" and hope this setup lets me stretch my legs out....Mr. Cognac is a little cramped as it is. I ride solo so if I loose passenger room it is not an issue with me.

As an added comment. I am also having my CB and XM radio transferred from my 2011 RT-S (Big Red 1) BUT it requires a different waring harness than the 2011....harness has been received and all will be installed this week.

:spyder2:

lwrydr
11-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I have had both sets of pegs from Lamonts. The one I like best is the ones that attach to the floorboards on the :spyder2:. They ended up being a little to wide so I had a friend of mine fabricate the bar that mounts from floorboard mount up to where you want the pegs. I really like this setup.

Mr. White
11-16-2014, 09:14 PM
I have had both sets of pegs from Lamonts. The one I like best is the ones that attach to the floorboards on the :spyder2:. They ended up being a little to wide so I had a friend of mine fabricate the bar that mounts from floorboard mount up to where you want the pegs. I really like this setup.

Looks good. I will see how it goes...thanks

Utah Geezer
11-16-2014, 09:24 PM
I bought my mounts from Lamont and my pegs from Kurykyn. Love em.

CARA @ RIVCO
12-02-2014, 12:48 PM

YellowSub: Just to remind, RIVCO's Highway Peg Mounts are made to work with factory floorboards. (See link below) Thanks for the mention, and thinking RIVCO - all our best!

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=878&cat=0&page=1

fispyder
12-02-2014, 03:16 PM
I bought my mounts from Lamont and my pegs from Kurykyn. Love em. I have the same setup They do spread your legs I have a 30 in inseam. I ride most of the time with my heel on the floorboards toes on peg. If I really want too stretch my legs I put them on the pegs. Have a friend that have Ricvo pegs they are closer to the body of the spyder

Cruzr Joe
12-02-2014, 03:21 PM
I have had a set of Lamont's "No Bad Vibe" highway pegs on my last three Spyders (the same ones, i just keep them and trade the Spyder) i highly recommend these as they are sturdy, comfortable and look great.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
12-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Joe, I thought that you had put his FBBs, on the new bike. :dontknow:
My bad! :opps:

trikermutha
12-03-2014, 10:15 AM
YellowSub: Just to remind, RIVCO's Highway Peg Mounts are made to work with factory floorboards. (See link below) Thanks for the mention, and thinking RIVCO - all our best!

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=878&cat=0&page=1

When are the chrome version coming out for the RT models??

CARA @ RIVCO
12-19-2014, 03:46 PM
When are the chrome version coming out for the RT models??
Thanks for the question Trikermutha! Our new chrome version is available now - #CA004-RTC
Chrome Highway Peg Mount Set for Can-Am Spyder RT, 2012 & Newer with Factory Floorboards - for $199.95. You can order from us online or call for details. Here's a pic and all our best - Happy Holidays from the folks at RIVCO Products

Cruzr Joe
12-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Joe, I thought that you had put his FBBs, on the new bike. :dontknow:
My bad! :opps:

What did the Missus tell you about thinking???? :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie :

Cruzr Joe

Buggy
12-19-2014, 06:50 PM
These new Rivco Chrome ones look nice. I bet the Kury chrome widow pegs would look great with them.:ohyea:

jaherbst
12-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the question Trikermutha! Our new chrome version is available now - #CA004-RTC
Chrome Highway Peg Mount Set for Can-Am Spyder RT, 2012 & Newer with Factory Floorboards - for $199.95. You can order from us online or call for details. Here's a pic and all our best - Happy Holidays from the folks at RIVCO Products

I have these and love them. No end to adjustments. Chrome looks very good with the RT Limited.

Even a "cave man" could mount them. I think I got the first pair.

Jack

jaherbst
12-19-2014, 11:05 PM
These new Rivco Chrome ones look nice. I bet the Kury chrome widow pegs would look great with them.:ohyea:

They also have chrome anti vibe pegs which I bought to go with them.

Jack