PDA

View Full Version : A one month delay in delivery!!

OJ UK
11-15-2014, 10:55 AM
I had a feeling that this might happen.
I always thought that the F3 was going to be very big and maybe that the demand
would outstrip Can Am's production capacity.
I received a letter from my dealer today telling me that my bike would now not
arrive until April! :yikes: That's one month into the riding season....

The delay is caused by unprecedented worldwide demand..........98972

cuznjohn
11-15-2014, 10:58 AM
you would figure they have a big demand for their line of products, so why wouldn't they prioritize on the most popular one and increase production, i came back to edit this because i was thinking about what i said, i guess they also have to allow for the seasons, right now with the snow and cold weather i guess their demand is for 4 wheelers and sleds

ARtraveler
11-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Same kind of issues last year with the introduction of the 2014 Ace Triple. Factory halted production to fix "glitches." Some were not to happy about the delay. Mine did not arrive to AK until April 30th.

It all works out eventually. Hang in there on your F3.

SpyderAnn01
11-15-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm at the motorcycle show in Long Beach CA and the demo truck people are saying late January, early February for F3 deliveries.

i test drove one and it is not for me.

petegtsv10
11-15-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm assuming this has NO effect on the 4 year extended warranty deal we were told about. That is , if you purchase before Jan.31, the normal 2 year warranty is doubled. My dealer won't let us trade in our 2012 RT till the F3 arrives. I wonder how these technicalities work......

Bob Denman
11-15-2014, 06:37 PM
:shocked:
OJ,
I'm sorry for the position that this puts you in... :gaah:
If you can get across the Pond; I'll be happy to let you ride mine in March... once the roads are clear! :thumbup:

Dragonrider
11-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Same issue for my SlingShot. First a huge delay, then only two to a dealer, and now, we might not see more deliveries until after the Holidays!! nojoke

Bob Denman
11-15-2014, 07:12 PM
I got an email today from Polaris: they're saying that deliveries will be starting on November 26th. :thumbup:
I'm hoping that you'll be thankful, for Thanksgiving! :D:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
11-15-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm at the motorcycle show in Long Beach CA and the demo truck people are saying late January, early February for F3 deliveries.

i test drove one and it is not for me.

Can you give us a bit more information about what you did not like? Coming from you, that would be some good information for us to consider.

I for one am very interested in your opinion. :thumbup:

zuni
11-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Can you give us a bit more information about what you did not like? Coming from you, that would be some good information for us to consider.

I for one am very interested in your opinion. :thumbup:

Can speak for him but the feet forward cruiser style isn't for everyone. We on the other hand loved it and put down a deposit. Personally it feels better in the curves with your lower body position. Decided to keep our '14 RTs as they are two different rydes.

CJ JAX

zuni
11-15-2014, 07:52 PM

Hope our order wasn't the one that pushed you into the next month. :(

CJ JAX

SpyderAnn01
11-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Don't get me started on the Slingshot! It does have something in common with the Spyder. They both have Kenda tires. :gaah:

I didnt like like the forward controls on the F3. Not comfortable for me. The power was nice, no windshield sucks. It just doesn't work for the kind of riding I do. It isn't a 40,000 mile a year machine. If I had s bunch of money and a really big garage maybe I woukd get one for tooling around town.

Chupaca
11-16-2014, 01:56 AM
but you never know...could get on the ball sooner..one can always hope..!! :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
11-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Don't get me started on the Slingshot! It does have something in common with the Spyder. They both have Kenda tires. :gaah:

I didnt like like the forward controls on the F3. Not comfortable for me. The power was nice, no windshield sucks. It just doesn't work for the kind of riding I do. It isn't a 40,000 mile a year machine. If I had s bunch of money and a really big garage maybe I woukd get one for tooling around town.

I'm dying to test ride one, Ann, but probably won't get to till Spyderfest '15. I want to know what the forward controls feel like. But, like you, I'm mostly into touring and I don't know if it would really fill that bill. It's too bad we both don't have a lot of extra money and garage space to have an assortment of rides to choose from!

PrairieSpyder
11-16-2014, 08:15 AM

Just think, OJ, how much more excited you'll be when you finally get it! Maybe you could extend the end of your riding season by going to southern Spain!

PrairieSpyder
11-16-2014, 08:17 AM
OJ,
If you can get across the Pond; I'll be happy to let you ride mine in March... once the roads are clear! :thumbup:

I got an email today from Polaris: they're saying that deliveries will be starting on November 26th. :thumbup:
I'm hoping that you'll be thankful, for Thanksgiving! :D:2thumbs:

Bob!! Are you getting an F3???? A Slingshot???

OJ UK
11-16-2014, 08:18 AM
OJ,

A very kind gesture there, young man, and I thank you. As I explained to Len @ Pitbull when he offered me a loan bike
I would be totally mortified if I damaged it. I don't trust myself driving on the right hand side of the road on a bike in the US
....................one mistake and it would all end in tears.
No. I'll sit here moping and weeping uncontrollably until my F3-S is delivered. 99002

@zuni CJ, I put $16500 (My RS-S!) deposit down on mine on the 20th.October. The Euro bikes are a bit different to the US models so
I don't suppose you have delayed my order at all...........anyway 'First come, first served'!!

Bob Denman
11-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Don't worry about that at all; folks around here are used to seeing me ALL OVER the roads anyway!! :yikes: :shocked: :roflblack:
The only time that I'm in my own lane; is when I'm crossing it! :shocked:

Bob Denman
11-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Oh...
Patti,
I'm sticking with my RT... :2thumbs:
But I AM curious about the F3 and the SlingShot... :D
They'll definitely need to be test-ridden! :thumbup:

retired1
11-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Oh...
Patti,
I'm sticking with my RT... :2thumbs:
But I AM curious about the F3 and the SlingShot... :D
They'll definitely need to be test-ridden! :thumbup:

Or, in the case of the SlingShot, "Test driven".:D

BikerDoc
11-16-2014, 10:48 AM

Sorry to hear about your delay. I thought I would get mine on Christmas Eve (like I did with 2014 RTL last year) since I
ordered on 8/26/2014 but was told that they are not going to manufacture/deliver black units until February. Any month is a months delay on ryding season here.. Good news is I think we will all get a great machine when it arrives

cuznjohn
11-16-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm dying to test ride one, Ann, but probably won't get to till Spyderfest '15. I want to know what the forward controls feel like. But, like you, I'm mostly into touring and I don't know if it would really fill that bill. It's too bad we both don't have a lot of extra money and garage space to have an assortment of rides to choose from!

i have had forward controls on all my bikes except my wing, there i went with highway pegs and a pingle electric shifter. i need to stretch my legs or my back kills me after short ride. on my spyder i have lamonts highway pegs and for breaking i have the hand brake installed, love it, and i also use a sheepskin 1 1/2 inch thick gel seat. over the years i have gone from 6 foot tall to 5'10. not to mention other things, most of my friends ride rice rockets and hate the feel of forward pegs but i love them

GunDoctor
11-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Good example here on personal preference . I also was at the Long Beach show, test rode the F3 and found just the opposite from SpyderAnn's experience. I can see this as a long distance bike with no problem. The forward controls are the perfect posture for an all day cruise ( for me) . I posted my complete review on another thread. I had no issues with the absence of a bug catcher. As a rider of all kinds of bikes for 50 years, the F3 takes the prize for fun, stability and power.

Yazz
11-17-2014, 08:35 PM
As I explained to Len @ Pitbull when he offered me a loan bike
I would be totally mortified if I damaged it. I don't trust myself driving on the right hand side of the road on a bike in the US
....................one mistake and it would all end in tears.
No. I'll sit here moping and weeping uncontrollably until my F3-S is delivered. 99002

No worries about riding on the other side of the road. Just ride behind another Spyder. They'll get you through safely.

Did I tell you that I ordered a F3-S without a test ride? (Never had cruise control on a bike before.) It grabbed me when I saw Lamonster doing his burn-out. That's the way I like to ride! He sits on the F3 much different than the 'models' do. Miss my feet forward...

SpyderAnn01
11-17-2014, 11:15 PM
No worries about riding on the other side of the road. Just ride behind another Spyder. They'll get you through safely.

Did I tell you that I ordered a F3-S without a test ride? (Never had cruise control on a bike before.) It grabbed me when I saw Lamonster doing his burn-out. That's the way I like to ride! He sits on the F3 much different than the 'models' do. Miss my feet forward...

What color did you order?

Bob Denman
11-18-2014, 11:57 AM

:congrats: :2thumbs: :yes::ohyea::yes:
But, what are you going to do with your OTHER Spyder? :shocked:

Yazz
11-18-2014, 02:16 PM
What color did you order?

Got the metallic black and chrome.

:congrats: :2thumbs: :yes::ohyea::yes:
But, what are you going to do with your OTHER Spyder? :shocked:

Race it! :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
11-18-2014, 02:18 PM
:2thumbs: Sounds as ifit's time to call Aerocharger! :thumbup:

Yazz
11-18-2014, 07:23 PM
:2thumbs: Sounds as ifit's time to call Aerocharger! :thumbup:

She's out of warranty, but not going that route. Have added a few things under the tupperware though..;)

Colin
11-19-2014, 03:57 PM
I have just found out that the F3 wont be arriving in New Zealand until the middle of next year :gaah:
So that's around 9 months after the release in US, pretty frustrating to say the least. I get that there is probably a high demand for them and Im sure it is worth the wait, I am totally committed to Spyder Riding, but, at the moment I can purchase here in NZ a 2015 Harley, or Suzuki and most other 2015 motorcycles and cars, but I can't purchase or even find out how much an F3 is going to cost me to buy.

Rant over lolololol

Bob Denman
11-19-2014, 06:12 PM
She's out of warranty, but not going that route. Have added a few things under the tupperware though..;)

:shocked: Ooooohhh... :shocked:
Care to give us a hint? :D

SpyderAnn01
11-19-2014, 10:16 PM
I have just found out that the F3 wont be arriving in New Zealand until the middle of next year :gaah:
So that's around 9 months after the release in US, pretty frustrating to say the least. I get that there is probably a high demand for them and Im sure it is worth the wait, I am totally committed to Spyder Riding, but, at the moment I can purchase here in NZ a 2015 Harley, or Suzuki and most other 2015 motorcycles and cars, but I can't purchase or even find out how much an F3 is going to cost me to buy.

Rant over lolololol

That's a bummer.

eddieshep999
11-20-2014, 03:55 PM
BRP Should consider setting up a manufacturing plant in Europe to service all those across this side of the pond

Rotax already has the Engine base located in Gunskirchen, Austria, maybe if they manufactured the parts add the engine it would be good to go ?

This may help us over here to get our Spyders without the delays we have to suffer now and they could back this up with service and parts to match

BRP are selling products worldwide and having a base in Europe may even make it easier to ship their products to the far-east, then why not also have a manufacturing base in Australia or NZ to cover that area

Most large worldwide companies allow their products to be made under licence
Eg BMW, Honda, Nissian cars etc in the UK

You can’t grow big by being small

Bob Denman
11-20-2014, 05:58 PM
While :agree: with you; it's also easy to "Bite off, more than you can chew..." :shocked:
Let them grow in manageable steps. :thumbup:

Yazz
11-20-2014, 07:31 PM
:shocked: Ooooohhh... :shocked:
Care to give us a hint? :D

Nope!:dg1:

Not till I win another trophy...

Yazz
11-20-2014, 07:37 PM

Rant over lolololol

Does BRP understand that Down Under the seasons are opposite?

Do they realize the F3s will be delivered in the middle of winter? :dontknow:

bruiser
11-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Yazz, just don't run out of gas. :roflblack:

den1953
11-21-2014, 07:46 AM
The original poster was somewhat unhappy about waiting until April to get is F3 in Jolly Old England (UK). Here in Northwestern Ohio USA the dealers won't be getting any until December at the earliest. We've already experienced an early winter with snow on the ground as I type this and Buffalo NY was buried in something like seven feet of "white death". In this "neck of the woods" winter is usually well under way one to three weeks before Christmas and lasts well into late March and occasionally into early April. For me it's nearly the same thing except that I could actually go out and buy a new F3 then have to wait 2 or 3 months to go out and ride it. I'm not unhappy though, just realistic about it.

Bob Denman
11-21-2014, 09:17 AM

Which is also just about when they'll be delivered up here... The middle of Winter! :shocked:

Who says that Big Corporations lack a sense of humor?? :D

Yazz
11-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Yazz, just don't run out of gas. :roflblack:

I live life on the edge. :ohyea:

(Also know where the secret super gas stash is...)

scenic route
11-21-2014, 09:45 PM
The state of Texas is not even allowing slingshots on the road.

Same issue for my SlingShot. First a huge delay, then only two to a dealer, and now, we might not see more deliveries until after the Holidays!! nojoke

Colin
11-23-2014, 03:12 PM

Im sure they do, but unfortunately our market is nowhere as big as USA and Canada Market so they
make sure that their main customer base is covered before sending the newer models down here.

Also non USA/Canada models have slightly different manufacturing specs, ie.. fitting rear indicators
that flash orange and have reflectors in them, headlights to suit riding on the left side of the road.

The fact that it arrives in winter doesn't bother me, as I ride all year round, only select parts of our
small country get a lot of snow, and it may only be a few odd days during winter that snow closes the road
in those areas. I probably ride almost as many kms/miles in the winter as I do the summer

OJ UK
11-24-2014, 12:23 PM

I certainly wouldn't follow Bob Denman! According to him " The only time I'm in my own lane is when I'm crossing it!! " :yikes: :roflblack:

Kratos
11-24-2014, 12:45 PM
The state of Texas is not even allowing slingshots on the road.

Are you 100% sure on this? If so, makes sense. I would not want to be in a city like Houston on that thing. I'm on edge just driving a regular car there.

Bob Denman
11-24-2014, 02:22 PM
I certainly wouldn't follow Bob Denman! According to him " The only time I'm in my own lane is when I'm crossing it!! " :yikes: :roflblack:
Smart choice! :thumbup: I wouldn't follow me either! :yikes:
(Other than to enjoy the comedy of errors; at a discreet distance! :D)