PDA

View Full Version : engine off/radio/i-pod on?

Buffalosoldier007
11-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Hello experienced owners, I recently purchased a 2014 rt-limited. I would like to know how long I can play the radio or listen to the i-pod with the engine off before worrying about it not starting. On an auto we have that acc or turn the key counter-clock wise what do the rt have.

Cruzr Joe
11-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Hello experienced owners, I recently purchased a 2014 rt-limited. I would like to know how long I can play the radio or listen to the i-pod with the engine off before worrying about it not starting. On an auto we have that acc or turn the key counter-clock wise what do the rt have.

I don't know the answer but if i would try it for an hour or so, AT HOME, near a battery charger, and see if that works for you. :dontknow::dontknow:

Cruzr Joe

Roy
11-13-2014, 08:42 PM

I also have a 2014 RTL and on mine if I want to listen to the radio after I shut the engine off with the key, I then push the mode button for 2 seconds and then the radio starts to play. In order to shut it off, you push the hazard/ 4-ways button and that will shut off the radio or you can turn the key on and then back off. If you leave your radio on to long the radio will be automatically be shut off so that it does not kill the battery.

JayBros
11-13-2014, 10:40 PM
I also have a 2014 RTL and on mine if I want to listen to the radio after I shut the engine off with the key, I then push the mode button for 2 seconds and then the radio starts to play. In order to shut it off, you push the hazard/ 4-ways button and that will shut off the radio or you can turn the key on and then back off. If you leave your radio on to long the radio will be automatically be shut off so that it does not kill the battery.

Right from the operator's guide! In my short experience when I turn off the key and get the helmet off I'm busy answering questions about my Spyder -- from other bikers and casual spectators -- and haven't time for the radio.

Bob Denman
11-14-2014, 07:54 AM
:agree: :thumbup:
When the bike's not running; I just listen to what the voices in my head are plotting... :shocked:

JayBros
11-14-2014, 07:56 AM
:agree: :thumbup:
When the bike's not running; I just listen to what the voices in my head are plotting... :shocked:

You couldn't have a better avatar for that comment!

Bob Denman
11-14-2014, 08:02 AM
:shocked: Avatar??? That's the picture from my College Yearbook...
Rider College: Class of 1978
(Actually; it was more like the "Low-Class" of 1978...)

finless
11-17-2014, 10:03 AM
If you turn off the Spyder in this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ63VYXXZ8M

I have played my radio for hours at a time while working on it.
I noticed if the battery gets too low the radio will shut off on it's own but the Spyder will still start.

Bob

Pirate looks at --
11-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Not too sure why you would want to spend too much time listening to the radio, that sound is mediocre at best.....I think I would rather listen to the voices in Bob's head!

finless
11-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Not too sure why you would want to spend too much time listening to the radio, that sound is mediocre at best.....I think I would rather listen to the voices in Bob's head!

I am not sure you would really want to!
Between those voices and my Wife.... I am suprised I am still sane ;)

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob

Bob Denman
11-17-2014, 12:15 PM

:shocked: They're plotting to kill me, while I'm in the bathroom... :yikes:

Cruzr Joe
11-17-2014, 03:11 PM
:shocked: They're plotting to kill me, while I'm in the bathroom... :yikes:

WELL, That would be a Sh***y way to go. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
11-17-2014, 03:16 PM
:shocked: I think that's why they're planning it this way... :yikes:
It'll be my final revenge, on the Ambulance Squad! :roflblack: