PDA

View Full Version : Yellowing head lights

Cambello
11-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Hi Guys, I would like your guidance on this issue please,
I'd like to up grade my HB3 bulbs to the Xenon type, now that the days are getting darker sooner I need a brighter beam. I'm reading that this will require a conversion kit, has any one done this conversion? some one has told me that they could damage the plastic head light, is this correct?

cuznjohn
11-13-2014, 05:55 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?73254-HID-Installation-on-2014-RT&highlight=headlights
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64225-Opinions-on-HID-color-from-experience&highlight=xenon+lights (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?73254-HID-Installation-on-2014-RT&highlight=headlights)

GunDoctor
11-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Link no good

cyclelover63
11-13-2014, 11:32 PM
both links work for me...:2thumbs:

bruiser
11-14-2014, 10:00 AM
I've had xenon lights for a few years now. No problems with lenses. I installed the Extreme kit from KB Carstuff. You do need a kit since the stock electrical system won't handle a xenon bulb on it's own.

Chupaca
11-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Just make sure you get a good quality kit. You will see them advertized here often. If installed correctly you will be fine...:thumbup:

Cambello
11-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Just make sure you get a good quality kit. You will see them advertized here often. If installed correctly you will be fine...:thumbup:

I've picked up on the fact that installing the HID straight off the system can give you all sorts of problems with the computer, but wiring the ballasts from the battery and linking up the relay with the existing lighting cable would overcome any issues, would this be true?

Cambello
11-16-2014, 06:19 PM
I've just been looking around the web and you can get an extra bright halogen bulb that comes close to that of a HID. By all accounts Philips do one! so maybe it might be worth a few $ just to see what the effect is, that way I don't run the risk of up setting the computer. :2thumbs:

bruiser
11-16-2014, 09:40 PM
If you install the kit direct to the battery with the supplied harness you shouldn't have a problem.

ThreeWheels
11-17-2014, 08:13 AM
I've just been looking around the web and you can get an extra bright halogen bulb that comes close to that of a HID. By all accounts Philips do one! so maybe it might be worth a few $ just to see what the effect is, that way I don't run the risk of up setting the computer. :2thumbs:
Stay away from the Silverstars. Nice bulb. Great light. They only last about 300 hours. That's a lot for a car that only has the lights on at night. For a motorcycle with lights on all the time, that's nothing at all.

Dan McNally
11-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Too many deer around here, so I try to minimize my night time riding . . . which saves me a chunk of change in not upgrading my lights!

ThreeWheels
11-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Stay away from the Silverstars. Nice bulb. Great light. They only last about 300 hours. That's a lot for a car that only has the lights on at night. For a motorcycle with lights on all the time, that's nothing at all.

Cambello
11-19-2014, 01:48 PM
I've looking at these ......... X-treme Philips, they are still Halogen's but now they offer a bright light at 4000 temp range which is about the same as the lower end HIDs, they are saying its as close as you can get to an HID. They even say it's bright white!!

Cambello
11-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Just looking around the ebay shop and I came across this, has any one tried them? they are Halogen lights filled with XENON gas,
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqJ,!h4FBBBiJPO!BQRcofpUT!~~60_12.JPG