PDA

View Full Version : Radio Help!

ghostspyder11
11-13-2014, 07:58 AM
I have a 2011 RT LTD that has the radio. Seems like I only get one good station, the rest get fuzzy and fade in and out. Was trying to hook my android phone up in the trunk and play Iheart radio, but doesn't work. I tried an MP3 player that I have and still nothing.:banghead: I am looking for an inexpensive way to listen to music, but cant find anything that works. I don't own a Ipad or pod, and really don't feel like spending the money on a doogle. Any suggestions?:bowdown::pray:

Bob Denman
11-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Back to the OEM setup for a moment...
A loose wire from the antenna to the radio?? :dontknow:
The radio jack in the top trunk may also have been "compromised"; I had to have mine replaced in my 2010 RT...
If you plug a device into that; something should be coming out of the radio... :shocked:
Just make sure that you're changing over to the "Auxiliary" input, as your source... :thumbup:

JayBros
11-13-2014, 08:17 AM
I know only a little about the audio controls as I'm new to Spyderdom but when you connect your music device in the trunk you are changing the audio source to "Aux" in the audio controls, correct?

ghostspyder11
11-13-2014, 09:15 AM
I don't see where you need to change the control over to Aux. I thought it automatically adjusted from FM to Aux, once something was plug into it. I did do some work in the back area, installed third and fourth brake lights, but don't recall touching anything for the antennae or the right plug.

Bob Denman
11-13-2014, 09:33 AM
You DO need to manually switch to the input source that you want... :thumbup:
Hit the Mode button, until you see the Audio screens
Use the Set button to toggle through the sources...

ghostspyder11
11-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks Bob!:bowdown: Maybe that's what I have been doing wrong! I have checked the manual, and really don't remember seeing anything about toggling through the audio, but then again, Ive slept since then. Will try tonight, hopefully can get some tunes!

JayBros
11-13-2014, 12:09 PM
You DO need to manually switch to the input source that you want... :thumbup:
Hit the Mode button, until you see the Audio screens
Use the Set button to toggle through the sources...

Thanks too, Bob! A newbie needs all the help he can get.

Say, you don't know how to dump all the radio station preset numbers do you? I have a couple of multiples for one station due to my fumbling through the process. According to my operator's guide only #15 gets overwritten if one adds 16th.

Bob Denman
11-13-2014, 12:11 PM
:shocked: There's no way to REMOVE a station pre-set...

You must overwrite them; to get rid of them...
(I hate that system... :banghead:)

shelbydave
11-13-2014, 12:38 PM

Sure you can!!! Pull the button out for the one you want to preset, manually turn the dial to the station you want that button set to, and push the button back in!!!

...Am I showing my age?

JayBros
11-13-2014, 01:22 PM

Thanks again. I didn't see anything about overwriting but got it on the first try. Now I have to find a couple more stations I'd expose my ears to. The system is not intuitively obvious but that may be my age.

Bob Denman
11-13-2014, 01:27 PM
There should have been a pamphlet included in with your paperwork, that explained a lot of the features and functions of the Roadster Electronic Command Center... (RECC)
Perhaps somebody in here, has an electronic copy that they can email to you... :dontknow:

ghostspyder11
11-13-2014, 02:16 PM
I bought my spydey used. Only came with the manual. Used to have a 2006 Suzuki Blvd. Absolutely LOVING this machine!!!!:yes:

JayBros
11-13-2014, 02:52 PM
There should have been a pamphlet included in with your paperwork, that explained a lot of the features and functions of the Roadster Electronic Command Center... (RECC)
Perhaps somebody in here, has an electronic copy that they can email to you... :dontknow:

Yes I did get one but did not find it as informative as the owner's guide. Following the pamphlet I got slugging around presetting station numbers and that's how I got three preset numbers for the same station. Thanks to you I successfully overwrote one of them so I have 1-3 the way I want, and now I just have to find three other stations that won't assault my ears to do the rest of the overwriting.

billybovine
11-13-2014, 04:52 PM
I bought my spydey used. Only came with the manual. Used to have a 2006 Suzuki Blvd. Absolutely LOVING this machine!!!!:yes:

Here is a link to a scanned copy. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9zqe1BG3lbqa1RSaTg2MUpxREk/view?usp=sharing

Bob Denman
11-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Thanks, Billy! :thumbup:
I lost my copy when my 'puter died... :shocked:
Now, I just need to track down the owners and shop manuals again! :gaah:

ghostspyder11
11-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Billy, Thanks for the link! I printed it and will keep it with owners manual. And a BIG thank you to Bob! I tried what you said when I got home and presto! I can hear my MP3! I bought my 2011 in May, put a few farkles on it, sway bar. Runs and handles like a dream, love my spydey! Tomorrow, it goes in for its 28,000 mile check up, actually a little late since I have close to 30,000. Again, thank you Spyder friends for the helpful information!!:bowdown::bowdown::yes:

Bob Denman
11-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Glad to be of service... :D :thumbup:

finless
11-17-2014, 12:39 PM

Actually this is not true!
I found a way to do it.... I plan to do a video or post explaining it. It's not hard at all once you know how!

Bob

Bob Denman
11-17-2014, 12:42 PM
If it involves a 9mm handgun, and some judicious application of firepower; Tell me more! :D :2thumbs:

finless
11-17-2014, 12:55 PM
If it involves a 9mm handgun, and some judicious application of firepower; Tell me more! :D :2thumbs:

Nope but I will give you a quick set of instructions.

First right down all your Freq #'s you want as presets. Like 99.9, 100.3 whatever.
In the radio settings change the "band" from A (US) to B. Reboot the bike. You MUST reboot the bike for this band change to work! Now the radio will not pick up ANY signals! You will get NOTHING but static. Now go into presets and set them all.
Optional if you want to do #2 below. Set all the presets to the lowest number you know on Band A has no station (static). They will now all be set to static.

Now you can do this 2 ways. I prefer #1.
1) While set for band B go to your presets and set all the frequency numbers you want. Again you will hear nothing but static on them. When done, go back in and set for band A (US). Reboot and VIOLA! You now have all your presets exactly where you want them!!
2) If you want to hear the radio stations while setting presets, then switch back to band A. Reboot the spyder. All presets will be set to a low freq. number and will all have static. Now go in and set your presets!

Bob

cyclelover63
11-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Great Job!!!!!!How in the world did you figure that out?...:banghead:

Bob Denman
11-17-2014, 01:10 PM
:shocked: Dude...
I am in awe, of your ingenuity! :bowdown:

finless
11-17-2014, 01:20 PM
I actually did it the hard way a few months back. I had the radio out and the antenna unhooked. Like that, I got all static and redid my presets. Later I wondered what this "band" setting did so I tried it. It did not seem to do anything until I rebooted the bike. Then I got all static.

Then it hit me... Rather than tell people to disassemble their bike to unhook the antenna, I realized this band change thing does the same thing.

FYI the reason it is sometimes impossible to overwrite a preset especially if it is a high number like 7 and above, is because some stations send out digital data (like station name, song name, artist, etc) and when trying to overwrite a preset if the station updates that data at the same time, it JUMPS off of the freq # you have on the dash you want to set, and back to the preset freq # you had previously set. Major pain in the REAR! This is a bug in the radios software that has never been fixed by Radio Sound Corp.!

So this work around does it.

Bob

dlby
11-20-2014, 11:24 PM
I am brand new to syderdom & love it
but my HD radio was simpler
the radio only wants to seek on my 2014 rtse6
short stroke or long press
boom off it goes looking for next signal
my blue tooth unit transmitts to a set of specific signal so need some advice

Bob Denman
11-21-2014, 08:57 AM