PDA

View Full Version : Great Video! What it's like to ride a Spyder

finless
11-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Love Shawn Smoak's videos. This is a pretty good one especially for someone interested in one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8b75PN9Vpw

Bob

ARtraveler
11-10-2014, 05:50 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

TicketBait
11-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Have watched other videos by him and he has the gift to gab :thumbup:

Always found something informative with his presentation.

Heck you can even " go Buck Wiley on them" :roflblack:

Very easy to listen to as are your videos Bob!

Bob Denman
11-10-2014, 06:33 PM
A base RT, with some pretty nice farkles added to it... :clap: :2thumbs:
:agree: He's real easy to listen to; a must-see for the curious... :thumbup:

finless
11-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Have watched other videos by him and he has the gift to gab :thumbup:

Always found something informative with his presentation.

Heck you can even " go Buck Wiley on them" :roflblack:

Very easy to listen to as are your videos Bob!

Thanks TicketBait.... I try but I am not as "smooth" as Shawn is.....

Bob

Trbayth
11-10-2014, 07:56 PM
It was one of his videos that finally convinced me to pull the trigger on mine.

Trb--

lwrydr
11-10-2014, 08:57 PM
I have been on that same freeway...looked like I-5 just North of Kelso, Wa........great video....

The_Stones
11-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Can't wait for my income tax return.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chupaca
11-10-2014, 09:10 PM
have seen his work before. He does a great job.:2thumbs:.thanks for the post..!! :thumbup:

SpyderCruiser
11-17-2014, 07:40 PM
I found this video last week, it is what helped my Wife and I decided to purchase one. We have been drooling over spyders though, since they first came out. Your correct, he does have the gift of gab. I am sure I would run out of things to say during that jaunt!

Take Care,
Louie

Fat Baxter
11-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Odd. Unless his camera was gyro-stabilized, He didn't appear to be leaning into the curves. I have to on my 2014 RT; otherwise I get the distinct impression I'll get tossed off.

His bike also appeared to run very smoothly on the back roads; mine's kinda skittish (yes, it's been laser-aligned). I find it's quite a handful.

And at one point, he was confidant enough to take both hands off the handlebars for a moment. I don't dare do that (again, the skittish front end).

vided
11-17-2014, 09:08 PM
That was a nice ride, thanks.
roads with no traffic, wowie buffalo bob. :yikes::yes::yes:

900Dave
11-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Odd. Unless his camera was gyro-stabilized, He didn't appear to be leaning into the curves. I have to on my 2014 RT; otherwise I get the distinct impression I'll get tossed off.

His bike also appeared to run very smoothly on the back roads; mine's kinda skittish (yes, it's been laser-aligned). I find it's quite a handful.

And at one point, he was confidant enough to take both hands off the handlebars for a moment. I don't dare do that (again, the skittish front end).

You dont have to lean unless you want to be real agressive which he was not in this video. GRIP! I think a lot of people want to grip the heck out of the bars. RELAX loosen the grip and just ride it. Most of the time going through corner I dont even have my fingers wrapped around the bars. My "push" hand my fingers are just sticking strait out. I am not saying you are doing this, but it could be part of the problem.

I dont have a 2014 RT but I did do a Demo ride on one and I thought it handled quite well. I was actually really impressed as my 13 ST I had to do some upgrades to get it to handle good.

finless
11-18-2014, 01:35 PM

If yours does not ride like that then you have some problem.

This is how mine rides and I have not had any alignment done yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N2V6DrTDbA&list=UUdgWPIJIe7x6sWYWHPAcd0w

If yours wont do that (hands off for a while or able to steer with a finger) then you have some problem.

Bob