PDA

View Full Version : ST BRP radio?

finless
11-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Trying to help someone with a cable on a ST.

I did not know the ST could have the same radio the RT does?
Are there any pictures showing where on the bike this is mounted and what it looks like in the bike?

Thanks,
Bob

billybovine
11-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Trying to help someone with a cable on a ST.

I did not know the ST could have the same radio the RT does?
Are there any pictures showing where on the bike this is mounted and what it looks like in the bike?

Thanks,
Bob

In exactly the same place and exactly the same way as the RT. The removal of the tupperware is different. Since only Limiteds come from the factory with a radio. The right saddlebag and saddlebag mount have to come off first.

finless
11-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks Billy!
If I were to make a BT cable for someone with an ST, where would a user mount the SM10? I am trying to figure out if the ones I make for the RT would be long enough?

I am getting questions from ST people about this and honestly I have no clue about the ST.

Bob

billybovine
11-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Thanks Billy!
If I were to make a BT cable for someone with an ST, where would a user mount the SM10? I am trying to figure out if the ones I make for the RT would be long enough?

I am getting questions from ST people about this and honestly I have no clue about the ST.

Bob

I put it in the front trunk just like BRP does except a inch or so higher up. That's because I did not have the BRP bracket. For the most part I followed the kit instructions that someone posted online.

I don't remember how long I made the cable but I remember buying 8 foot cables and cuttting some off.