PDA

View Full Version : loss of brake pressure

Desert Spyder
11-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Recently my bike has a sudden loss of brake pressure AFTER I release the parking brake on my 2010 RT. It had a master cylinder replaced about two months ago. When I release the parking brake the foot pedal goes to the "floor". There is no loss of fluid nor evidence of seepage. Normal braking is unaffected. No distress messages on the display. My only assumption is the master cylinder is bad. Am I wrong?

Jeriatric
11-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Based on personal experience, it sounds normal. That said, I do notice it seems to be more pronounced now that there is higher mileage on the pads.

SpyderAnn01
11-09-2014, 01:43 AM
I agree with Jerry if you have your foot on the brake when you set or release the parking brake, the brake pedal will drop. But not to the floor.

SpydermanCT
11-09-2014, 07:41 AM
This same condition happened on my 2010 RT after a master cylinder removal. The cause was Loctite not being used on the master cylinder bolts upon reinstallation and they vibrated out over time. When pressing on the pedal the master cylinder moved away from the frame causing the pedal to go to the "floor". I would check those mounting bolts to be sure they are still properly installed. Because the E-brake is cable operated it was not effected when I experienced the problem.

Desert Spyder
11-09-2014, 01:16 PM
I get to church this AM and the bike was squawking telling me I had a brake failure when I try to apply the parking brake. Seems the cable came off the roller. What kind of job is it to make it right? Dunno if this is the reason for the earlier problem.