PDA

View Full Version : sat on an F3 noooooooooo......

baileydale
11-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Messed up I did and sat on an f3 at the San Mateo International Bike show. Got there late and all the demo ride slots were full but I'm thinking that's a good thing because I cannot afford one. Just the way it sat I want one so much, if I had ridden it I may have passed the point of no return. Pegs all the way forward and bars back and sitting in the bike on the low seat felt so right after so many years on Harleys. Do yourself a favor and if you don't want one don't ride one :-)

Bob Denman
11-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Face it :shocked:
The hook has been set ; you're done! :2thumbs: :congrats:

stormtrooper
11-02-2014, 09:57 PM
The F3 :spyder2: has bitten you :yes:

Chupaca
11-03-2014, 12:59 AM
you have to be pretty open to getting one to get hooked by the test ride. So if your on the fence and test one you will be falling off that wall...!! :thumbup: If your not interested you probably won't be interested in the test ryde anyway...

OJ UK
11-03-2014, 08:01 AM
:lecturef_smilie: You've sat on one and now your subconscious will be continuously finding
an excuse for you to book a test ride..:gaah:...may as well break into the piggy-bank now and get it over with! :ohyea:

PrairieSpyder
11-03-2014, 08:15 AM
:lecturef_smilie: You've sat on one and now your subconscious will be continuously finding
an excuse for you to book a test ride..:gaah:...may as well break into the piggy-bank now and get it over with! :ohyea:

Geoff, you ordered one without even sitting on one! What was your excuse??

I wish I still had a full piggy-bank, or could afford to have 2 Spyders!

Bob Denman
11-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Patti,
Remember; you're only six lucky numbers away... :D

OJ UK
11-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Geoff, you ordered one without even sitting on one! What was your excuse??

You mean aside from being the world's biggest impulse buyer....:opps:
The motor and the brakes. Tried and tested motor configuration which is very flexible and gives a good
spread of available power. Brembo have never made a bad set of anchors!

I was never convinced that the original V-Twin motor was ideal for the purpose particularly in the SE. Too many
compromises were made.....especially with the centrifugal clutch not fully engaging until almost 4000rpm...OK
on a highway in the US but not the best for UK driving conditions.

I ordered early on as I think that as far as exports go BRP are going to be pushed to fill demand so I wanted to get
in line ASAP. As far as I know I'm at the front of the queue!

Bob Denman
11-03-2014, 09:50 AM
:clap: Your decision is based upon sound principles, and careful consideration. :2thumbs:

PrairieSpyder
11-03-2014, 12:33 PM
You mean aside from being the world's biggest impulse buyer....:opps:
The motor and the brakes. Tried and tested motor configuration which is very flexible and gives a good
spread of available power. Brembo have never made a bad set of anchors!

I was never convinced that the original V-Twin motor was ideal for the purpose particularly in the SE. Too many
compromises were made.....especially with the centrifugal clutch not fully engaging until almost 4000rpm...OK
on a highway in the US but not the best for UK driving conditions.

I ordered early on as I think that as far as exports go BRP are going to be pushed to fill demand so I wanted to get
in line ASAP. As far as I know I'm at the front of the queue!

The question was mostly rhetorical, Geoff. But all those are good reasons. Besides, Lamonster told you too!! :thumbup: