PDA

View Full Version : Harley Orange I mean BRP Red Question

zuni
10-31-2014, 06:45 PM
BRP Cares, Why can't I get the F3S with a pearl white body with a black frame? Looking online the red sure looked orange to me but I chalked it up to monitor settings. Seeing it in person for the demo rides unfortunately confirmed the more orange shade. I think you may have a closet Harley fan on your design team. Sure seems like it would be easy enough to install the white body panels on any frame color.

CJ JAX

Mike,P
10-31-2014, 07:34 PM
BRP Cares, Why can't I get the F3S with a pearl white body with a black frame? Looking online the red sure looked orange to me but I chalked it up to monitor settings. Seeing it in person for the demo rides unfortunately confirmed the more orange shade. I think you may have a closet Harley fan on your design team. Sure seems like it would be easy enough to install the white body panels on any frame color.

CJ JAX

You might be able to talk a dealer into doing that for you. I'm sure someone with a black S model would love the orange frame.. I don't know why you reference Harley in your post,, because many motorcycle companies use the color orange... I love the pearl white w orange frame so much,,, that's what I ordered 😎 I'm sure finding a dealer to accommodate you will not be that much of a problem... Good luck😃

doctorlbug
11-01-2014, 06:10 AM
I sent an email to BRP, and talked with the dealer, and the only way to get the Pearl White F3S with a black frame is to buy a black frame (or buy a regular F3), then have the dealer switch the red for the black,

OJ UK
11-01-2014, 06:44 AM
I sent an email to BRP, and talked with the dealer, and the only way to get the Pearl White F3S with a black frame is to buy a black frame (or buy a regular F3), then have the dealer switch the red for the black,

.....Which really would be more expensive than simply getting a Pearl White F3 and adding the extras that you want. Another option would be to buy a red or black F3-S

and simply re-paint the panels. You could of course buy a set of white panels.

zuni
11-01-2014, 11:12 AM
You might be able to talk a dealer into doing that for you. I'm sure someone with a black S model would love the orange frame.. I don't know why you reference Harley in your post,, because many motorcycle companies use the color orange... I love the pearl white w orange frame so much,,, that's what I ordered 😎 I'm sure finding a dealer to accommodate you will not be that much of a problem... Good luck😃

Wouldn't hurt to mention it to the dealer in case they do have someone asking about black with red frame. My Harley orange was more tongue-in-cheek comment for the BRP red (which is what they are calling it) and not meant to bash Harley or the orange. During the two demo days I visited I did hear a couple of people ask where the red F3S was and what was with the orange.

In the mean time I will see if some of the wants on our list can be added to the Pearl White F3.

CJ JAX

sduskin
11-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Wouldn't hurt to mention it to the dealer in case they do have someone asking about black with red frame. My Harley orange was more tongue-in-cheek comment for the BRP red (which is what they are calling it) and not meant to bash Harley or the orange. During the two demo days I visited I did hear a couple of people ask where the red F3S was and what was with the orange.

In the mean time I will see if some of the wants on our list can be added to the Pearl White F3.

CJ JAX

dont repaint. get a vinyl wrap for the body. cheaper and less permanent.

OJ UK
11-01-2014, 01:38 PM
dont repaint. get a vinyl wrap for the body. cheaper and less permanent.

Why didn't I think of that?? Hmmm.....probably because vinyl wrapping is little seen in the UK at least as a way to
re-color the entire vehicle...... and uuuuummmmm....cos it's a new technology which I haven't got to play with. :opps:

ARtraveler
11-01-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: Orange It is becoming a popular color for vehicles...again. Starting to see it on cars, trucks, and some cycles.

I am surprised it was not offered as one of the main colors in the RT lineup.

otter28169
11-01-2014, 07:44 PM
When I painted the exhaust on my 2012 RS-S the "Chevy Orange" engine block paint was a near perfect match. It is a great color, and everyone want's to make it their own.

Just sayin'...........