PDA

View Full Version : Toy Hauler Ramp Mod for Spyder

Volvernon
10-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Some of you that have toy haulers may understand my dilemma. I have learned that the ramp to my toy hauler is not very Spyder friendly when it comes to loading and unloading. The angle of the ramp is enough that the front end of the Spyder drags a bit before getting completely on the ramp. I'm considering getting some intermediate ramps built just for the two front tires to transition the Spyder onto the ramp without dragging.

Have any of you found an easy fix, or will I need to have some custom aluminum wheel ramps built?

Thanks!

Richard

coz
10-31-2014, 03:45 PM
i had a similar problem with my lift table. when i switched to rt shocks, the bike dragged a little bit going on and off. ( i park on it ) i just added a layer of wood to my ramps from just before , to after the point of impact. problem solved. how bad is it dragging? a layer of 3/4 by whatever would probably do it. hard to say without seeing it. worst case, maybe some 2 by. bevel the front and rear to 45° and the bike will roll right over it.

Jeriatric
10-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Lower the ramp door onto a couple of 2x6 at front tire width. The rear, because of it's size, shouldn't be a problem going up. Again, just a thought.

900Dave
10-31-2014, 07:01 PM
I have a set of 5/4" decking boards bolted together. Both ends are staggered so the ramp sits on one end so not to damage the paint from stones. It also gives me about 2 1/2 inches on the front of the spyder. I also try to load & unload with the truck hooked up. It is a 4X4 so the trailer is slightly nose high which takes some angle out of the ramp. I also carry a set of home made ramps that I throw in the bed of the truck made out of 2X6. Depending on where we have to load I drive the rear tires of the truck up on the ramps which also lifts the front of the trailer taking some angle out of the ramp.