PDA

View Full Version : So, Is everybody done riding or what?

PScott07
10-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Sunday looks like it will be nice, and I was not able to get out on any of the organised rides, would really like to get to ride with and get to know some of you. I know it's the end of the year, but i just got my Spyder in September and I want to ride, I'll go alone but would like to get out with some others. didn't mean for it to sound like a rant, but guess it is what is. So if no one can go on Sunday that's ok I will be making time next year to make some rides. By the way I live in Rosemount, so that's where I will start from. I should also say I don't have blue tooth setup or radio so can't talk to anyone while riding, now i'm sounding pathetic, anyway i'm stopping there.:banghead:

Cruzr Joe
10-30-2014, 08:40 PM
you can ride with us in the morning, we are leaving Little Rock, AR and traveling the back roads to Branson Mo, for the weekend. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

cuznjohn
10-30-2014, 08:43 PM
i filled the bike up the other day in case i stop riding, but i might still get out this sunday

PScott07
10-30-2014, 08:48 PM
you can ride with us in the morning, we are leaving Little Rock, AR and traveling the back roads to Branson Mo, for the weekend. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
i would love to make that ride, maybe some day.

Grandpa Pete
10-30-2014, 10:42 PM
There's more than this sunday left to ride. I'm riding mine up hunting next week but after that (depending on weather), I'll meet ya somewhere near MOA and we could figure something out. Still plenty of time left:pray::pray::pray::thumbup:

Grandpa Pete

Caswell Ryder and PITA:joke:

PW2013STL
10-31-2014, 06:41 AM
Hi PScott07,

I maybe up for a ride on Sunday, but it depends on how Saturday goes. I am replacing a timing belt, waterpump, lower control arms, outer tie rods, and motor mount on a 2001 Honda minivan Saturday. If all goes as planned I would be available to ride with you. PM me with your phone # and how late I can call on Saturday and I will let you know.

BeardedDBA
10-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi PScott07 -

I'm your neighbor to the north by about 5 miles. I live in Eagan. I can join you on Sunday. Just say when and where.
Do you have a route in mind?

Regarding your Blue Tooth communication issue: I have a pair of SENA SMH10's that I'm no longer using. I recently upgraded to the SENA SM20's and would consider working out a deal on the SMH10's.
I only used them for one summer. The boom on one mic lost a little paint from use, but work's just fine. They came out with the SM20's a few months ago and I just had to have it. ;)

I'm not sure where you're at regarding new vs. used. But it's an option for your consideration...

- Chuck

Chupaca
10-31-2014, 12:21 PM
just need to ask....we accept it in all forms...raves, rants, pleads, begging etc. Enjoy the ryde send a pic...:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
10-31-2014, 02:40 PM
I am on hold for the moment. Rode last on the 23rd. I have some black ice on my 2.5 block road...but clear pavement is beyond that. Same problem I encounter in the spring. If I don't get out this weekend, I will probably park it until March. Temps are a nice 25 to 30 this week during the warmest time of the day.

Netminder
10-31-2014, 05:48 PM
I am done, getting some wet snow here tomorrow. Spyder is tucked away in its winter resting spot!:f_spider:

PScott07
10-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi PScott07,

I maybe up for a ride on Sunday, but it depends on how Saturday goes. I am replacing a timing belt, waterpump, lower control arms, outer tie rods, and motor mount on a 2001 Honda minivan Saturday. If all goes as planned I would be available to ride with you. PM me with your phone # and how late I can call on Saturday and I will let you know.
PM sent

PScott07
10-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Hi PScott07 -

I'm your neighbor to the north by about 5 miles. I live in Eagan. I can join you on Sunday. Just say when and where.

Regarding your Blue Tooth communication issue: I have a pair of SENA SMH10's that I'm no longer using. I recently upgraded to the SENA SM20's and would consider working out a deal on the SMH10's.
I only used them for one summer. The boom on one mic lost a little paint from use, but work's just fine. They came out with the SM20's a few months ago and I just had to have it. ;)

I'm not sure where you're at regarding new vs. used. But it's an option for your consideration...

- Chuck
I don't have a route, I usually just take off, I'm open for suggestions, as for the head sets i'm interested in those we'll talk.

PScott07
10-31-2014, 08:27 PM
I am on hold for the moment. Rode last on the 23rd. I have some black ice on my 2.5 block road...but clear pavement is beyond that. Same problem I encounter in the spring. If I don't get out this weekend, I will probably park it until March. Temps are a nice 25 to 30 this week during the warmest time of the day.
I think I saw you guys were in single digits and below in some places this week, that's way to soon for that.

PW2013STL
10-31-2014, 08:48 PM
PM sent

Got it and I will let you know either way.

shooter
10-31-2014, 08:50 PM
Heck no, here in Texas we ride year round unless it's raining real hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

one2doo
10-31-2014, 08:54 PM
1 to 3 inches of snow too early!

gnirtsnod
10-31-2014, 09:16 PM
Heck no, here in Texas we ride year round unless it's raining real hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Same here in Georgia. I returned Wednesday from a six day, six state trip. Fun is the word that always comes to mind.

lightnin leeRoy
10-31-2014, 09:23 PM
I guess maybe I'm crazy, but in Great Falls MT, I ride all winter, at least if the temps stay above 10 F. Fortunately we had 70 today, ended up riding for nearly 100 miles after work today.
Keep riding!!!

Jim&Teresa
11-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Sunday looks like it will be nice, and I was not able to get out on any of the organised rides, would really like to get to ride with and get to know some of you. I know it's the end of the year, but i just got my Spyder in September and I want to ride, I'll go alone but would like to get out with some others. didn't mean for it to sound like a rant, but guess it is what is. So if no one can go on Sunday that's ok I will be making time next year to make some rides. By the way I live in Rosemount, so that's where I will start from. I should also say I don't have blue tooth setup or radio so can't talk to anyone while riding, now i'm sounding pathetic, anyway i'm stopping there.:banghead:

Hello,

We may ride with you tomorrow (Sunday) as well.

We go to church on Sunday mornings and would be able to leave around 11:00 am from Woodbury, MN. I have a PM into PW2013STL(Les) so we can coordinate as we have Les's cell number and have rode with him many times before.

Where do you plan to ride and what time do you plan to leave??

Look forward to seeing everyone...thanks for initiating the ride through this forum.:thumbup:

PScott07
11-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Hi PScott07 -

- Chuck
Hi chuck my name is Patrick do you have any preference on time Jim is in for after church and we will see if Les will be able to go?

PScott07
11-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Maybe take 35 out of Prescott down to where it crosses the river and then 61 either direction, Eagles might be gathering down there little early but just a suggestion, also i don't know if anyone has time constraints. I'm open to any route some of you guys have more time in, so any suggestions are welcome. Or could go north along the St Criox .

Patrick

Jim&Teresa
11-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Maybe take 35 out of Prescott down to where it crosses the river and then 61 either direction, Eagles might be gathering down there little early but just a suggestion, also i don't know if anyone has time constraints. I'm open to any route some of you guys have more time in, so any suggestions are welcome. Or could go north along the St Criox .

Patrick

I agree with your choice to go south. I've been north so many times (and I guess south as well - lol). If we go south, we'll be heading into the wind tomorrow on the ride down, but the ride home the wind will be at our backs....looks like the fcst states the wind tomorrow out of the south at 14mph......hope we can all hook-up.

A suggested meeting spot, if we go out of Prescott, is Point Douglas Park which is just west of Prescott on the Minnesota side. Say we meet at Noon. We can decide to go to Red Wing or further down to Wabasha to cross over....

I'm open to others thoughts as well....here's a start suggestion.

PScott07
11-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I agree with your choice to go south. I've been north so many times (and I guess south as well - lol). If we go south, we'll be heading into the wind tomorrow on the ride down, but the ride home the wind will be at our backs....looks like the fcst states the wind tomorrow out of the south at 14mph......hope we can all hook-up.

A suggested meeting spot, if we go out of Prescott, is Point Douglas Park which is just west of Prescott on the Minnesota side. Say we meet at Noon. We can decide to go to Red Wing or further down to Wabasha to cross over....

I'm open to others thoughts as well....here's a start suggestion.
I like that idea, lets meet at Point Douglas Park at noon I'm good for that.

BeardedDBA
11-01-2014, 06:59 PM

:agree:

Jim&Teresa
11-01-2014, 07:33 PM

Hi all, just got done talking with Les.

I will plan to meet you all there at 12noon tomorrow (Sunday) at Point Douglas Park (which is just less than a mile west of Prescott).

Les is still working on a vehicle and maybe will get it done. If so, he'll join us too.

Looks like Patrick, Chuck, Les, and me.....see you tomorrow!

Grandpa Pete
11-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Hey guys, is point douglas park on county 10 just across the bridge from prescott??

Grandpa Pete
11-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Is point douglas park on Hwy 10 just across the bridge. I'm thinkin bout comin down:joke:

PW2013STL
11-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Is point douglas park on Hwy 10 just across the bridge. I'm thinkin bout comin down:joke:

Yes it is. Just before you cross the bridge into Prescott on the left had side.

Grandpa Pete
11-01-2014, 08:50 PM
CYA THEN :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Jim&Teresa
11-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi all MN Spyderlovers....if you are joining us for the Sunday ride at 12noon tomorrow, we are meeting at Point Douglas Park which is less than a mile west of Prescott on the MN side...here's a small map. CYA there...remember to "fall back" 1 hour....

http://www.co.washington.mn.us/images/pages/N1366/PDP-map.gif