PDA

View Full Version : has this happened to you yet

cuznjohn
10-30-2014, 09:47 AM
i have caller ID on the house phone, i never answer that phone because of telemarketers, it is on the don't call list but they just keep calling. the last two days the caller ID has been coming up as my house phone is calling my number. has anyone else had this happen to them

acinpcola
10-30-2014, 10:06 AM
yes it is doing that so you do a call back, that way the company making a sales pitch won't get in trouble for breaking the DNC List since you called them :banghead::banghead:

Bob Denman
10-30-2014, 10:09 AM
:gaah: Sneaky buggers; aren't they? :gaah:

mowin
10-30-2014, 10:14 AM
I only have a landline for my Internet. Even tho I'm on the DNC, the telemarketing calls were so bad, I unhooked the phones and only have the DSL box hooked up. Use our cell phones for all calls. If we didnt need the local phone for Internet, I'd get rid of it.

cuznjohn
10-30-2014, 10:21 AM
i have received calls on my cell phone also and that is also on the do not call list

Chupaca
10-30-2014, 12:11 PM
I get a lot of call but they come from cell phone that do not show business or marketing so they get by the do not call...I let all home calls go to the machine...:thumbup:

PW2013STL
10-30-2014, 12:15 PM
I haven't had a land line in 15 years so no, but I have had other cell phones call me without the owners knowing.

Magdave
10-30-2014, 01:03 PM
I use Magic Jack and forward my calls to my cell. I have 2 apps on it to block calls, Mr. Number and White Pages which even shows who the caller is even if it does not show up on caller ID. :thumbup: Block, block & block.:D:D Yes I have been called by my home phone it is called spoofing. I knew it was not from my house because I was home:yikes:

bruiser
10-30-2014, 02:09 PM
They've been hot and heavy lately. Medicare supplemental insurance, political calls, FOP, and the most irritating, "We'd like to talk to you about your VA home loan". I don't have a freaking VA home loan.

cuznjohn
10-30-2014, 02:57 PM
i got one b4 asking if i was interested in a back brace, if i wanted to stop receiving the calls to press 2, so i did and was immediately co9nnected to a operator. well being in construction for 35 years and the language i picked up during that time i really feel sorry for the poor young lady when she asked me if i would reconsider the back brace. now lets see if they call back

ARtraveler
10-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Sometimes I wonder if a land line is worth it any more? 98% or so of the calls that I receive are a solicitation for something. It depends on my mood of the moment whether I hang up, waste their time, have some fun, or give them a diatribe.

cuznjohn
10-30-2014, 03:14 PM
i have a package deal with verizon so i have to keep it

mowin
10-30-2014, 03:22 PM
I never get telemarketing calls on my cell.

retread
10-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Your do not call list has to be updated at least every 5 years, I just did mine and calls have dropped by about 60 per cent. Of course, every once in a while, I'll answer and keep them busy for as long as possible, just to keep them from bothering other people.

john

jerpinoy
10-30-2014, 05:03 PM
i have received calls on my cell phone also and that is also on the do not call list

It happened to me too and it will cost to get my # out.:banghead::banghead:

cuznjohn
10-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Your do not call list has to be updated at least every 5 years, I just did mine and calls have dropped by about 60 per cent. Of course, every once in a while, I'll answer and keep them busy for as long as possible, just to keep them from bothering other people.

john

thanks,,, i just updated the do not call list on my phones

PW2013STL
10-30-2014, 08:32 PM
i have a package deal with verizon so i have to keep it

John,

I also have a package deal, but with my cable company. Turned out to be less $ than what I had with just Internet and tv. It was funny when the installer asked where is my phone wire so he could connect the phone. I told him that the house was not wired with phone lines. He looked at me kinda odd and then asked me what to do with the phone wire from the router he installed.
I told him to just leave it hanging which he did. When he finished he then gave me my new phone number for that line. With this thread I am now wondering how many telemarketers have called it :rolleyes: :roflblack:

cuznjohn
10-30-2014, 08:46 PM
after i put the number back on the do not call list, it was like LETS CALL THIS NUMBER FAST. there was 4 calls one right after another