PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning nostalgia

Pennyrick
10-26-2014, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj9VKKSV2g

For those who are older than dirt (like me) here is something to stir some memories.

Plus a Quiz:

- What product sponsored John Cameron Swayze?
- What does SHAZAM stand for?
- Who was Freddy Freeman, the crippled newsboy?
- What did Mister Keen do?
- Where did Buster Brown's dog live?

Bob Denman
10-26-2014, 11:13 AM
:clap: :thumbup:
I'm not quite as old as dirt, but I can remember when it still had some spring in it's step! :D
I took the Spyder to go get some lunch for us... I put in some Hendrix, Iron Butterfly, and Uriah Heep.
I guess that I was "Lost in The Sixties..." :2thumbs:

iSpyder123
10-26-2014, 12:02 PM
I wasn't born or grew up in the 50's but that era just fascinates me and intrigues me.
A lot of those items were in their true infancy and later evolved into the same things I started to grow up with.
I would have loved to see what it was like to live my teen years in the 50's as well as 60's. (Muscle Cars)
I bet I could be as mischievous as Beaver Cleaver and Dennis the Menace.

Thanks for posting this video.

mtbear
10-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the memories:yes:
mtbear

bruiser
10-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Shazam has several different meanings. In this case though it means Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury. From Capt. Marvel. John Cameron Swayze was sponsored by Timex. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I think Freddy Freeman was saved by Capt. Marvel but not sure. Didn't he become a junior CM or something like that? Ah yes, Mr. Keen, the tracer of lost persons. He can still be heard on Sirius XM Radio Classics. Tige lived in a shoe with Buster Brown. At least that's what the tag line use to say.

Jeriatric
10-26-2014, 12:53 PM
We didn't know then, how fortunate we were. Inocent times they were. Thanks for the look back.

cuznjohn
10-26-2014, 01:44 PM
i was born in 51 but i still remember all that stuff, as a matter of fact i still have the first snow sled my dad bought me and the price is still on it, was nine dollars and 50 cents

iSpyder123
10-26-2014, 02:56 PM
i was born in 51 but i still remember all that stuff, as a matter of fact i still have the first snow sled my dad bought me and the price is still on it, was nine dollars and 50 cents

Have you checked ebay to see if there are any like it? I wonder what it costs now.

Pennyrick
10-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Shazam has several different meanings. In this case though it means Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury. From Capt. Marvel. John Cameron Swayze was sponsored by Timex. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I think Freddy Freeman was saved by Capt. Marvel but not sure. Didn't he become a junior CM or something like that? Ah yes, Mr. Keen, the tracer of lost persons. He can still be heard on Sirius XM Radio Classics. Tige lived in a shoe with Buster Brown. At least that's what the tag line use to say.

Bruiser:

You were right on with everything.!!!. Freddy began in WHIZ comics as a friend of Billy Batson, boy newscaster on WHIZ. Of course, when Billy uttered SHAZAM he became Captain Marvel. Later on, Freddy became Captain Marvel Junior. Even later we had Mary Marvel and later still the Marvel dog.

bruiser
10-26-2014, 08:10 PM
I had to go back to bed after that. I hurt my head trying to remember all that stuff.

PrairieSpyder
10-26-2014, 11:16 PM
The only one I knew was the first - Timex sponsored John Cameron Swayze.