PDA

View Full Version : Is there a compartment opposite the oil/brake fluid compartment?

Slagiatt
10-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know if they are using the left side (the area similar to the small compartment for checking oil but on the opposite side of the gas tank) for anything? Seems to me that would be a great place for a 12v outlet if nothing else. Is there a small door there like on the right side? If so, what's under it?
:dontknow:

Slagiatt
10-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Just saw some closeups of the dash/handlebar area.....there is definitely a knob on the left-side "panel" exactly like the one on the right side oil check area. Somebody must have seen this and investigated it. What's under that left-side panel????? :dontknow:
Can't wait till February to find out. :bdh:

StanTheMan
10-28-2014, 09:35 PM

den1953
10-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Maybe just access to the back of the headlight housing and some wires or hoses.

Slagiatt
10-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the pic...that answered the question.
I guess my plans for keeping my lunch warm in there while riding home are shot down now.
:sour:

SpyderRx
10-29-2014, 02:31 PM
I remember reading in a previous post that there was storage there. It said big enough for sunglasses and a wallet. Will have to see if I can dig that post up

billybovine
11-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Well I sat on an F3 today and it was more comfortable than I expected. I also found out what will be under the left access panel on production models that is not on prototypes touring the dealers.

The Safety Card. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

It even scrolls across the screen to check the left access panel to read the safety card.

Another interesting thing I saw was there are no access panels in the front trunk to get at the battery and fuses. The whole trunk bucket comes out with the removal of 6 or 8 reusable plastic rivets.

Mike,P
11-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Well I sat on an F3 today and it was more comfortable than I expected. I also found out what will be under the left access panel on production models that is not on prototypes touring the dealers.

The Safety Card. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

It even scrolls across the screen to check the left access panel to read the safety card.

Another interesting thing I saw was there are no access panels in the front trunk to get at the battery and fuses. The whole trunk bucket comes out with the removal of 6 or 8 reusable plastic rivets.

I wonder if the safety card says anything like:: Check rear tire for excessive smoke 😎

KX5062
11-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Safety card on the left. The right panel is for the servicing. Interesting to note, they moved the brake master cylinder to next to the dip stick to make it easier to check the fluid level.