PDA

View Full Version : Observations after 300 miles

Njspeedmaster
10-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Just got back from a ride where I put on my 300th mile. Have a few observations.
First, this roadster is great in stop and go traffic situations. Not having to continuously put a foot down is great.
Next, I'm getting more confident that I'm not going to flip over when cornering. It is amazing the difference leaning inwards on 2 wheels is to leaning out on 3. I would grind pegs on my bikes with no discomfort, while a few degrees of owtwards lean induced uneasiness bordering on panic when just starting out. :yikes: I now realize the roadster leans until the suspension takes a set, then it just turns. I am taking turns at speeds now that would have terrified me when I got my:spyder2:.
Third, the Spyder is very comfortable. The Corbin seat is very supportive and feels like it would be all day comfortable. Engine vibration is noticable, but not obnoxious. Suspension is much smoother than my motorcycle.
To sum up, I am very glad I'm a member of the Spyder family.:thumbup:

Buggy
10-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Glad to hear you are acclimatizing well to the spyder...wishing you many more happy miles!

spydaman60
10-25-2014, 04:06 PM
congrats on the spyder! we've had ours for almost 3 years and are six miles short of the 19,000 mark. hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.

Art Mann
10-25-2014, 04:06 PM
I lean to the inside during hard cornering very much like I did on 2 wheels. I find it makes a big difference when you are riding "close to the edge". Transferring a little of the weight to the inside front tire keeps roll to a minimum and also makes me feel less like I am going to be thrown off by centrifugal force.

Chupaca
10-25-2014, 04:14 PM
your getting there. Relax it will all smoth out and you will be handling it like a pro....:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
10-25-2014, 05:50 PM
:congrats: It's only going to get better!! :thumbup: