PDA

View Full Version : New Club In New Mexico...

PattyandJoe
10-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Guys and Gals we recently started the Spyder Riders Of America club out of Albuquerque,NM.
The Chapter is RoadRunnersNM. Our email addy is RoadRunnersNM@gmail.com
# 505.792.7843 Please feel free to call, email or visit us on faceBook for more Info. Welcome to all.
:2thumbs:

Chupaca
10-25-2014, 04:22 PM
National member myself. Good to have a new chapter. I ryde with the San Duego/LA/inland empire chapters. Good luck...:2thumbs::clap:

SpyderAnn01
10-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Congratulations

wd8ajj
12-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Now if we could get some activity down here in the Las Cruces area.

ARtraveler
12-23-2014, 11:11 PM
:congrats:

Professor
12-24-2014, 05:54 AM
You must be pretty active. My brother-in-law in Albuquerque says he has seen quite a few Spyders in that area. Congratulations!

wd8ajj
02-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Anyone in NM going to Spyderfest? 2015

Professor
02-10-2015, 10:45 PM
I live in the Dallas area now, but I've lived in Las Cruces, Mesilla, Roswell, Hagerman, Artesia, Carlsbad, Ruidoso and Albuquerque. I graduated from HS at NMMI and college at NMSU. I miss NM, especially the green chile. If you order green enchiladas around here, you get something with a tomatillo sauce. Only one restaurant I've been able to find that has some reasonably authentic flat enchiladas with Hatch green chile is Chuy's. There used to be a Lincoln County Grill that had great red and green enchiladas, but they were bought out by a sports bar.

I subscribed to this thread just so I can ryde with you vicariously.

wd8ajj
02-10-2015, 10:50 PM
I live in the Dallas area now, but I've lived in Las Cruces, Mesilla, Roswell, Hagerman, Artesia, Carlsbad, Ruidoso and Albuquerque. I graduated from HS at NMMI and college at NMSU. I miss NM, especially the green chile. If you order green enchiladas around here, you get something with a tomatillo sauce. Only one restaurant I've been able to find that has some reasonably authentic flat enchiladas with Hatch green chile is Chuy's. There used to be a Lincoln County Grill that had great red and green enchiladas, but they were bought out by a sports bar.

I subscribed to this thread just so I can ryde with you vicariously.

Come on back!!! Foods good and hot.

Craniac
02-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Flat enchiladas with green sauce and a fried egg on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor
02-11-2015, 05:03 AM
Flat enchiladas with green sauce and a fried egg on top.

I prefer the egg on the red instead of the green, but it's good both ways. Chuy's has what they call the Southwestern enchilada. It's flat with blue corn tortillas, Hatch green chile, cheese (way too much - Tex Mex style), a fried egg and chicken. We get it with light cheese and without the chicken and it isn't too far off from My Brother's Place in Las Cruces. Their normal green enchiladas are a little spicy, but the southwestern will usually make you sweat - just the way we like it. Their red chile is pretty close to The Spanish Kitchen - also in Las Cruces. Also Whole Foods and Central Market sells fresh Hatch chiles every year which we buy, roast and freeze to use throughout the year. It keeps us sane. :thumbup:

Craniac
02-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Nothing beats the smell of roasted chiles in the air.

Professor
02-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Nothing beats the smell of roasted chiles in the air.

Now I know you are a true New Mexican. There is absolutely NOTHING better than that aroma!

PattyandJoe
03-09-2015, 02:07 PM
The NM spyders riders of America chapter will be leaving Albuq on Monday the 27th. Feel free to call us for more info @505-892-5102 or 505-792-7843

Looking forword to a great ride!!

wd8ajj
09-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Another one bites the dust

Dugnvern
09-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Another one bites the dust

We are riding to Ruidoso on Saturday Come on up and meet the group?:cheers:

ronrico
09-09-2015, 08:47 PM
The wife and I are planing a trip in October to NM. Be hitting Silver City, Trinity Site, Pie Town and a few others.

Questions
10-10-2015, 11:45 AM
The wife and I are planing a trip in October to NM. Be hitting Silver City, Trinity Site, Pie Town and a few others.

All of the places you mention are in southern New Mexico. If you are not already planning to do so, visit and ride through northern New Mexico on your way down to Silver City et al. Some of the best roads in the country are up there! I'd be happy to "bird-dog" a few for y'all.

Ace Café Rat

ronrico
10-24-2015, 07:58 PM
All of the places you mention are in southern New Mexico. If you are not already planning to do so, visit and ride through northern New Mexico on your way down to Silver City et al. Some of the best roads in the country are up there! I'd be happy to "bird-dog" a few for y'all.

Ace Café Rat

Sorry I did not see your post before I left. We had a great ride and the weather was great. The wife is from NM so we have made a few trips in the northern part.