PDA

View Full Version : F3 Questions

Doug
10-24-2014, 04:29 AM
1. Will the bajaron sway bar upgrade be required on the F3 or has BRP taken care of that issue in their design

2. Since the F3 has its 1330 ace engine exposed how easy is it to get to the oil dip stick.

3. Can you install footboards on the F3 in the normal spyder riding position like the ST Limited while also having the forward control with footpegs as designed.

4. Is it any easier getting to the air valve on the rear tire.

reissooz
10-24-2014, 06:53 AM
Check the thread Len and Lamont made (walk-around video) in the F3 section about the different features about the F3. Len shows where you remove a small panel to check the oil - very easy access. Don't know about the checking the tire pressure, tho.

StanProff
10-24-2014, 07:29 AM
1. Will the bajaron sway bar upgrade be required on the F3 or has BRP taken care of that issue in their design

2. Since the F3 has its 1330 ace engine exposed how easy is it to get to the oil dip stick.

3. Can you install footboards on the F3 in the normal spyder riding position like the ST Limited while also having the forward control with footpegs as designed.

The Bajaron sway bar is great if your riding style requires it or you want to eliminate body roll. I had it on my RT and loved it, It will give more stability in crosswinds, Tractor trailer back wash and so on. But it is not a requirement on any Spyder. A sway bar will not give your spyder a stiffer ride or a softer ride, that's the job of the Shock/springs. I would hope the F3 has adjustable shocks to allow the ride to be adjusted without buying new shocks. The '14 RT's do not have adjustable shocks and I feel they could be a real benefit. Lets face it, not all riders are 175 lbs. or 220 lbs. Every bike has a different load and should you should be able to compensate for that by having adjustable shocks.
Checking oil is not that hard on any of the Spyders. How hard could it be.
Rear Tire air valve: if it was turned the other way we'd never find it. It is a Spyder trademark. :D

Doug
10-24-2014, 08:20 AM
The Bajaron sway bar is great if your riding style requires it or you want to eliminate body roll. I had it on my RT and loved it, It will give more stability in crosswinds, Tractor trailer back wash and so on. But it is not a requirement on any Spyder. A sway bar will not give your spyder a stiffer ride or a softer ride, that's the job of the Shock/springs. I would hope the F3 has adjustable shocks to allow the ride to be adjusted without buying new shocks. The '14 RT's do not have adjustable shocks and I feel they could be a real benefit. Lets face it, not all riders are 175 lbs. or 220 lbs. Every bike has a different load and should you should be able to compensate for that by having adjustable shocks.
Checking oil is not that hard on any of the Spyders. How hard could it be.
Rear Tire air valve: if it was turned the other way we'd never find it. It is a Spyder trademark. :D

sorry about the stupid question, but I guess it made your day!:bowdown:

Lamonster
10-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Not saying it won't help but I didn't feel a need for it.

There is a cover on top of the right side that is very easy to get to for checking your oil.

No, not with anything that is available from BRP.

Same wheel but the sprocket is much larger. Didn't notice if that's going to make it worst of better.

Showie
10-24-2014, 09:42 AM
sorry about the stupid question, but I guess it made your day!:bowdown:

I'm champ of stupid questions :bowdown: BUT they are more easily handled than stupid mistakes. :yikes:

bscrive
10-24-2014, 10:25 AM
If they put the tire valve on the other side I would think that it would make seating the tire pretty much impossible unless you remove the rear sprocket and put the tire on the other side but then you run into clearance issues with the tire machine. I guess you won't have a problem if you put the tire on by hand but dealers won't do that.

den1953
10-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Nothing wrong with asking in my opinion. I imagine the lighter weight and lower center of gravity will help the F3 in the handling department. It's possible it may not even need a heavy duty anti-sway bar. The access panel for the oil dip stick is a great idea and I don't mind which side the valve stem is on as long as it's easy to get a tire guage or an air chuck onto it. A right angle stem is often better than a straight one.

BikerDoc
10-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Not saying it won't help but I didn't feel a need for it.

There is a cover on top of the right side that is very easy to get to for checking your oil.

No, not with anything that is available from BRP.

Same wheel but the sprocket is much larger. Didn't notice if that's going to make it worst of better.

I sure agree with number 1...... and I have always thought the sway bar was a necessity on all other models

doctorlbug
10-30-2014, 05:48 AM
Foot boards are listed in the 2015 BRP accessories catalog, on page 57 for the F3S, BUT probably as a stand alone item, not to be used with the foot pegs as has already been noted above.

Bob Denman
10-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Nothing wrong with asking in my opinion.
:agree: There are no stupid questions; only answers that might need a bit more explaining... :thumbup:

BikerDoc
10-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Foot boards are listed in the 2015 BRP accessories catalog, on page 57 for the F3S, BUT probably as a stand alone item, not to be used with the foot pegs as has already been noted above. I was told they integrate with uFit and adjust to position just like the pegs would have..

Olddood
10-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Can the driver floorboard be used with the SM6 or is it pegs only? Sorry if I'm highjacking the thread but I figured it was with other questions.

vondalyn
10-31-2014, 01:56 PM
Can the driver floorboard be used with the SM6 or is it pegs only? Sorry if I'm highjacking the thread but I figured it was with other questions.

It's my understanding that you can get 2 footboards to replace each of the pegs -- this is for either the SE6 or the SM6. Hope that's what you meant.

ThreeWheels
11-01-2014, 09:14 AM

I can't speak to your other questions.
As to the sway bar...........I'm a big fan of BajaRon and his products.
On my 2010 RT I upgraded the spark plug wires and installed the RonBar and RonLinks.
The RonBar was essential on my 2010. The RonLinks were for peace of mind.

On my 2014 RT, I didn't feel there was any necessity to upgrade the suspension. The stock suspension is, in my opinion, quite excellent. BRP learned a lot from previous years and put that information to good use.
I did, however get the RonLinks for the same peace of mind. Replacing the OEM plastic links with the metal RonLinks does nothing for performance, it's just more reliable.

I can only imagine that the F3 suspension is equally as good.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.

Slagiatt
11-06-2014, 10:15 PM
I still can't imagine why the stock peg couldn't be bolted on at, say, position 1 or 2, with the floorboard in position 4. Unless that peg on 1 or 2 would interfere with the brake linkage, it seems like a no-brainer......but again, I haven't seen an F3 in person yet, so how's that for speaking from a position of authority?
:duh:

KX5062
11-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Foot boards are listed in the 2015 BRP accessories catalog, on page 57 for the F3S, BUT probably as a stand alone item, not to be used with the foot pegs as has already been noted above.

I was told they integrate with uFit and adjust to position just like the pegs would have..

They were on display at the recent Long Beach bike show. They have floorboards for both the rider and passenger. The floorboards are moveable as part of the UFit system.

SpyderRx
11-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Do they offer a F3 with one of the windshields to Demo at the demo days?

djhobin
11-22-2014, 01:44 AM
One of the F3s at the Int'l MC show (the one with Floor Boards) did have a windshield on it. :clap:

GunDoctor
11-22-2014, 01:50 AM
Floor boards for F3??

SpyderRx
11-22-2014, 08:29 AM
One of the F3s at the Int'l MC show (the one with Floor Boards) did have a windshield on it. :clap:
Thank you. Planning on demoing next weekend but I really want to ride with a windshield to get the true feel as I wouldn't ride without a windshield. Trying to d code between the F3 and a 14 ST.

Dragonrider
11-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Given that choice, and having ridden both, you'll ride the F3 home... personally, I think the F3 is the kiss of death for the ST

Bob Denman
11-22-2014, 04:50 PM
"Kiss of Death"?
Maybe not; but it will make deciding, a whole lot tougher! :D

nhoj
11-22-2014, 09:54 PM
Given that choice, and having ridden both, you'll ride the F3 home... personally, I think the F3 is the kiss of death for the ST

Why is that?

KX5062
11-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Do they offer a F3 with one of the windshields to Demo at the demo days?

At the Long Beach motorcycle show where I demo'd the F3 they did not have one available. They only had bikes with the bars and footpeg (the uFit system) located in numerically assigned positions based upon your size. They were numbered 1-5, with #1 being for the shortest riders and #5 being for the tallest. I was assigned to ride a #3, but because of my short arms and legs I found it to be incorrect. They had both the F3 and the F3S available, with both manual and SE transmissions. However, none of the touring accessories were available for demo. When I inquired I was told that the touring accessories were still in the prototype/pre-production phase and will not be available for demoing until January.

KX5062
11-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Why is that?

Because the F3 really overlaps the form and function of the ST, but is so superior you'd be silly to buy an ST when an F3 is available. Unless, of course the ST is so cheap you couldn't say no. However, after riding the F3 I wouldn't even consider the ST unless it was close to free99$$.

I was that impressed with the F3. :firstplace:

Bob Denman
11-23-2014, 12:59 PM
But... The ST will hold the edge in storage capacity, and it has a model that is all ready to take-off cross-country...
The F3 can be personalized with luggage and windshields; but it's still not quite as handy, as having the entire package already on the bike, and ready to go! :thumbup:

Dan_Ashley
11-23-2014, 08:33 PM
But... The ST will hold the edge in storage capacity, and it has a model that is all ready to take-off cross-country...
The F3 can be personalized with luggage and windshields; but it's still not quite as handy, as having the entire package already on the bike, and ready to go! :thumbup:
I can't wait to get one with the touring package. It needs a luggage rack that can hold 40# though.