PDA

View Full Version : Does the F3's UFit fit?

ViperWolf
10-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Aside from the BRP web site's UFit gender and height interactive guide, I wonder if there will be a way to determine which F3 foot peg position and accessory handlebars will actually (not virtually) fit an individual best?

Since additional parts to customize the F3's fit must be purchased separately, it would be ideal if one could "test" out the different leg and arm positions prior to purchasing the required accesories needed to customize the F3's fit.

I'm curious if the dealers will have some sort of simulated F3 in their showrooms that allow customers to try out and "feel' the different foot peg positions as well as the different accessory handlebars to help them decide which position is best for them.

Four different F3 handlebars: stock, short reach, long reach and attitude styles ($150.00 carbon black to $450.00 chrome) and four different brake and shifter linkages ($30.00 to $50.00) are available to customize one's fit.

It would be very inconvenient to have to order and return multiple times before finally getting the UFit to fit.

Dealers return policies as well as any potential restock and shipping fees could come in to play as well.

I hope there is some sort of F3 showroom "mock up" that will allow us to sit on, test out and "feel" the different positions so we can order the correct bars and linkage specific to that individual customer.

Ryde Safe!

den1953
10-23-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm 61 years young and have some back and knee problems so getting it to fit me properly will be imperitive. I don't want to be in an extreme "clamshell" chopper riding position nor do I want any kind of slouch which causes back pain. The handgrips should fall into a natural reach without any stretching or having them in my knees or belly. not too high or too low either. I want a slight bend to my knees as they don't like to be bent very much for very long. I'm not into eating bugs anymore so a windshield will be a must and probably a driver backrest for my tired old back. Utopia makes an adjustable one that's nice for less cash than the fixed BRP model. I'm also kind of spoiled for floorboards so that would also be on my list as well. Hopefully a mock-up could make all of this fitting possible before laying out the money.

ARtraveler
10-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Perhaps some kind of U-Fit sizing machine available to use at dealers.

A Brannick like device for use when you buy the F3. :yes:

EDIT: It looks like they have you folks covered below. See, they listened to me. :roflblack:

Slagiatt
10-23-2014, 08:40 PM
The service manager at my dealer (who went to the Can-Am F3 test rides and briefings) said to me that he hoped that they would have their "dealer's ......" and I can't remember the actual word he used, something like "kit" or "fitting system" before my F3 arrives in February. So, even though I can't remember the terminology, there will be a UFit system at dealerships. He also told me that they are definitely going to be stocking the different lengths of brake and shifter linkage bars. Hopefully, they will stock handlebars as well.

BikerDoc
10-23-2014, 09:25 PM
At the demo rides there are F3s set up at all the various settings. You select your likely setting but can change out during the ride to test other settings as well.. that helps when that is available to folks

billybovine
10-23-2014, 10:52 PM
I think this is the 4 handle bar test fit unit.

The foot pegs I would think you moved them to the different positions until you find the one that fits you then get the correct rods for the brakes and shifter.

3wheeler4me
10-24-2014, 04:39 AM
Not certain though when I test rode one in Daytona they may have used my height then set the foot pegs. I am 5'10 and they put me on a '4' setting bike

den1953
10-24-2014, 05:34 AM
The four position handlebar device looks like it can quickly be set-up for fitting the bike to the customer. The actual hand controls stuck on the two vertical posts suggest that they can actually be attached a driven with. Not so much on the mock-up fitting device but onto the handlebars selected and installed after the mock-up fit device is removed. This is actually done on the customer's new ryde before he/she drives it home.

Lamonster
10-24-2014, 09:41 AM
As posted the idea behind the Ufit system is for the customer to be fitted at the dealership before taking delivery by using the jigs in the picture above.