PDA

View Full Version : F3 Touring Escape Package

louigii
10-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Can anyone tell me if The F3 is available with the Touring Escape Package? I have been trying to get this information from my dealer, but he says it does not exist. He told me I have to buy the F3 and add accessories to it in order for it to look like the F3 with the Touring Escape Package. as advertised. I want to preorder My new F3 and am waiting to know if the dealer does not know what he is talking about or if what he says is true, Any help would be much appreciated. Why does BRP show off this model as well as others and call it a package if it does not exist?

boomboom1
10-21-2014, 07:46 PM
My dealer explained that the touring package is merely a suggested list of options which are available. You can add and delete options as you desire. I was surprised to find out that the dealer charges a labor charge to install all of the optional equipment that you order. That information was disappointing. The dealers seem to be in the dark on a lot of this information.

den1953
10-22-2014, 06:55 AM
To publish and therefore advertise an accessories group as being a package then sell it piecemeal to be dealer installed is very misleading in my own opinion. Automobile manufacturers have been selling preferred options groups as discounted packages for many years, factory installed!! Why can't BRP step up to the plate and do this?

Jeffsm69
10-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Can anyone tell me if The F3 is available with the Touring Escape Package? I have been trying to get this information from my dealer, but he says it does not exist. He told me I have to buy the F3 and add accessories to it in order for it to look like the F3 with the Touring Escape Package. as advertised. I want to preorder My new F3 and am waiting to know if the dealer does not know what he is talking about or if what he says is true, Any help would be much appreciated. Why does BRP show off this model as well as others and call it a package if it does not exist?

Basically, the only models that exist are the base F3 and F3-S, pick your model and then the accessories you want on your bike with the added bonus of dealer installation costs for each and every part you choose, watch out for that sticker cost when you're done

SpyderRx
10-22-2014, 09:39 AM
You can order a touring escape package but not from the factory. Like they said, you would get all accessories listed in the package and then have to pay have them installed. My dealer showed me the package in his price listing. Dealer cost is 4,795. Markup is 35% on all accessories from BRP which brings the package cost to $6,473. Then you would have to pay to have everything installed on top of that.

Chupaca
10-22-2014, 10:00 AM
They have several packages and Lamont has some video on all of them. Sadly they are assembled with accessories available thru brp only at this time and at some rather high prices. If handy you can save installation but as mentioned they only have the two base models...:banghead:

OJ UK
10-22-2014, 11:43 AM
http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/genuine-parts-accessories-riding-gear/accessories/spyder-f3-touring-escape-package.html

and the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FOW9oHbk74

Clearly the package exists beyond a list of recommended spares. There's another thread here which suggests that there is
a substantial saving between buying the package and buying the spares as individual items.
Being cynical I might suggest that your dealer may feel less inclined to sell you the package rather than parts separately.
But he wouldn't do that would he??

den1953
10-22-2014, 01:10 PM
I can only hope BRP has some sort of substantial savings from purchasing the Touring Escape Package as a single purchase and not by being required to buy each individual part separately at full MSRP then have to pay again to have them all installed. In the case of the original wheels and the footrests for example, you'd have take-off parts on your hands to either sell or keep after the Touring Escape Package has been installed. It's for these reasons and more that the Touring Escape Package should be factory installed on order from your dealer for an even more substantial savings and no wasted parts lying around after all is said & done.

boomboom1
10-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Unfortunately, as I understand it, they give you the extra parts so that you can put them in your garage and look at them. Makes no sense to me.

ARtraveler
10-22-2014, 01:49 PM
IMO: There should be a package price at substantial savings over the per piece version of ordering the parts.

This has pretty much been the way that other brands have worked. Is there a serious lapse of marketing sense going on here?

Most brands come with a "basic upline package" and from there you can add even more if you so desire. To have to add "everything" you want separately, at usual accessory prices is going to be a road block for a lot of buyers.

E.G. RT has three basic configurations at price X, Y, and Z.

Bob Denman
10-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Perhaps these packages are being developed as we speak... :dontknow:
They might not have had all of the details worked-out just yet...
Let's keep our fingers crossed!

den1953
10-22-2014, 06:23 PM
I went onto the BRP website and used their 'Build One" app. I took a Magesium Silver F3-S SE6 at $22,499 and added a windshield, a quick detach passenger backrest, black driver & passenger footboards as well as a 2 inch brake extender, and the detachable saddlebags as well as red frunklid stripe decals. This pushed the price up over $26,000 but did make the F3-S functionally the same as the Touring Escape but without the chromed wheels, the Akrapovic chromed muffler and other chrome bits. I skipped the driver backrest as it isn't adjustable like a Utopia. The total accessories came to under $4,000 to do this and it leaves fewer take-off parts (foot pegs & brake rod) lying around, which sounds like a better plan if BRP can't get their act together.

Colin
10-22-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere, that this and the other 2 packages will be available in February.
Here is a link to the BRP site, and it scrolls through the Accessories Options and the Escape
Package says available February

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/genuine-parts-accessories-riding-gear/accessories.html

Triumphcycleman
10-25-2014, 09:52 AM
All of the "packages" (Touring Escape, Muscle Attitude and Urban Nights) are simply suggestions by BRP of appropriate accessories in order to attain a level of personalization of the F3. For your entertainment I have compiled the lists (with slight mod to the first), including MSRP of suggested parts, along with a few of my own. Hope you like them!