PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Footpegs? Humm...

Slagiatt
10-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Since one of the 'secrets' of staying loose and comfortable when touring is being able to move your foot/leg position while driving, many of us have gotten highway pegs. Nothing new here.

Given that premise, I was wondering if anyone thought this might be possible:

Install driver floorboards (mine are going into position 4) and use the original driver pegs as an alternate foot position...perhaps installing them at position 1 or 2...to allow for changing posture while driving. Essentially, it would be the reverse of what we do now: The primary foot position is forward (almost like highway pegs are for us now) and the new "alternate" position would have your feet further back...on the pegs in position 1 or 2.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? (Or, more probably, a reason why it won't and/or shouldn't and/or can't be done.) Or would it just look way too stupid to consider....:chat:

Just a thought....... :dontknow:

OJ UK
10-19-2014, 12:22 PM
That would work! Just remember where the foot brake is!!

Slagiatt
10-19-2014, 02:27 PM
That would work! Just remember where the foot brake is!!

Since the peg would be further to the rear (with the floorboard installed more forward), it would be farther away from the brake pedal itself, but since I haven't seen it up close, I wonder if it would interfere with the brake linkage bar...

I know I don't have enough to do when I'm wondering about this kind of stuff and the Spyder won't even be at the dealer until February. :sour:

Lamonster
10-19-2014, 05:00 PM
I have some ideas that will go into production ASAP for that. :doorag:

Slagiatt
10-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Lamonster! I'll keep tuned to see what you come up with. :popcorn: