PDA

View Full Version : I'm buying an F3 because Lamont and Len told me to!

OJ UK
10-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Already have a beautiful Pearl White 2010 RS-S which is
as quick as it needs to be. I'm 66 but I still like to get the pedal
down and until last year was still riding a motorcycle regularly
at well over 100mph. (Which really isn't that fast!)
I'm buying an F3 because Lamont and Len told me to!
At least they have shown me enough good points for me to make it
a realistic proposition.
Much improved fuel consumption, longer service intervals, sitting much lower
and thus a more stable and comfortable ryde. Brutal good looks
(now I've got used to that snout!)which ooze attitude. A real bad boy.
There's something about proper handlebars too.....guess that's the biker in me!
1330cc triple....and I love triples....much better spread of available power has always
been the forte of the modern triple along with the ability to rev freely as well.
...and well as Lamont said in one video "It doesn't look like a dam' Snowmobile"!

Chupaca
10-18-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm telling you to buy a Lamborgini..!! Killer good looks, deadly on gas, babe magnet....:roflblack::roflblack: but then I'm not them...:roflblack:

ARtraveler
10-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Already have a beautiful Pearl White 2010 RS-S which is
as quick as it needs to be. I'm 66 but I still like to get the pedal
down and until last year was still riding a motorcycle regularly
at well over 100mph. (Which really isn't that fast!)
I'm buying an F3 because Lamont and Len told me to!
At least they have shown me enough good points for me to make it
a realistic proposition.
Much improved fuel consumption, longer service intervals, sitting much lower
and thus a more stable and comfortable ryde. Brutal good looks
(now I've got used to that snout!)which ooze attitude. A real bad boy.
There's something about proper handlebars too.....guess that's the biker in me!
1330cc triple....and I love triples....much better spread of available power has always
been the forte of the modern triple along with the ability to rev freely as well.
...and well as Lamont said in one video "It doesn't look like a dam' Snowmobile"!

:congrats: on your decision. I have a feeling you are going to like it a lot. Are you going to have to wait extra months because your in the UK? Guessing you are going to become a question magnet when you get yours and start riding around. :yes:

Netminder
10-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Keep us posted,when you get it! Let us know what you think! congrats!:thumbup::thumbup:

cuznjohn
10-18-2014, 02:26 PM
i personally think you would look great in a Bentley and they are made there

OJ UK
10-18-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm telling you to buy a Lamborgini..!! Killer good looks, deadly on gas, babe magnet....:roflblack::roflblack: but then I'm not them...:roflblack:

Very nice Chupaca!! Thanks, but no thanks!
I have a friend who had Lamborghini Countach and if you gave me one I'd sell it next day. Unreliable and totally impossible to reverse
unless you open the door and sit on the ledge because you can't see anything out the back! Not good in poor weather. It had to be totally re-painted
after two years as the original paint was falling off!
His Murciélago isn't much better...not for me, even if I could raise the down payment! Lambos are very over-rated. No class.
Give me a Bentley Continental GT any time, not quite as quick as the Lambo but still turns in an impressive 209mph!
Oh! I can dream!!:roflblack:

Cuznjohn, you must have read my mind while I was typing!

OJ UK
10-18-2014, 02:47 PM
:congrats: on your decision. I have a feeling you are going to like it a lot. Are you going to have to wait extra months because your in the UK? Guessing you are going to become a question magnet when you get yours and start riding around. :yes:

Yeah! :gaah: Won't get it 'til March! I'm taking the RS-S up to the dealer next week so I'll be Spyder-less for nearly six months!! :yikes:

Dealer showed the photos of mine to a customer and he bought it on the spot so the dealer phoned me and asked if I could get my
bike up to the showroom and he would give me a generous trade-in price.......

Spyders are still a rare sight in the UK and I get the third degree now....I don't suppose it'll be any different with the F3...but I can see more young
guys and gals taking an interest.

Bob Denman
10-18-2014, 05:27 PM
While you're at is; I'm going to suggest that you date a Supermodel that's young enough to be your Grand-daughter. :shocked:
She'll look good in the Bentley... :D

PrairieSpyder
10-18-2014, 07:19 PM
:congrats: on your decision, OJ!! I can't wait to hear your reports on getting your new Spyder.

OJ UK
10-19-2014, 07:40 AM
While you're at is; I'm going to suggest that you date a Supermodel that's young enough to be your Grand-daughter. :shocked:
She'll look good in the Bentley... :D

Two years ago when I was still riding my BMW R1150R I had a girlie take a shine to me......lasted a few happy months and polished up my ego greatly.
She was 20!.....didn't need a Bentley, good old fashioned charm worked better!

SNOOPY
10-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Two years ago when I was still riding my BMW R1150R I had a girlie take a shine to me......

Are we allowed to say this on this forum? :shocked:

:roflblack:

OJ UK
10-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Just an object lesson Snoopy! :lecturef_smilie: If I can achieve that with a 12 year old Beemer, albeit in showroom condition,
just imagine what could happen with the F3!! :ohyea:

As I said, after this week I'm going to be Spyder-less 'til the new one gets here.

This is all I have to keep me from the withdrawal symptoms for the next almost six months!

:clickpic:

Bob Denman
10-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Two years ago when I was still riding my BMW R1150R I had a girlie take a shine to me......lasted a few happy months and polished up my ego greatly.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_211.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif Well played; Sir! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_11.gif

cuznjohn
10-19-2014, 08:29 AM

what i would like to know is,,, what did she shine, your silverware ???

Bob Denman
10-19-2014, 08:54 AM
:shocked: You guys, have filthy minds... :clap: :D :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
10-19-2014, 08:58 AM
When I met my ex I had a mint '66 Mustang. When his uncle saw it he said, "Hell, I'd have married her for the car!"

Should have kept the car.

Bob Denman
10-19-2014, 09:01 AM
That depends; what engine did it have in it? :D

cuznjohn
10-19-2014, 09:04 AM
i was going to ask if she shined his head, but i don't know him that well

Bob Denman
10-19-2014, 09:15 AM
:shocked: I don't dare say anything... :shocked:
But you sure found the perfect setup line... :D :2thumbs:

SNOOPY
10-19-2014, 09:26 AM
When I met my ex I had a mint '66 Mustang. When his uncle saw it he said, "Hell, I'd have married her for the car!"

Should have kept the car.

Looks like his loss. :)

SNOOPY
10-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Just an object lesson Snoopy! :lecturef_smilie: If I can achieve that with a 12 year old Beemer, albeit in showroom condition,
just imagine what could happen with the F3!! :ohyea:

As I said, after this week I'm going to be Spyder-less 'til the new one gets here.

This is all I have to keep me from the withdrawal symptoms for the next almost six months!

:clickpic:

6 months?? :gaah:

Youre gonna drive us crazy! lol

Bob Denman
10-19-2014, 12:04 PM
:shocked: I know how cranky we can get... :shocked:
I was just about insane; after only FIVE Months of waiting...

Be Strong; Bro! :2thumbs:

OJ UK
10-19-2014, 12:19 PM
......But Bob, didn't you still have Fawkes??
I will have......nothing. Nothing but a memory...97217...and the anticipation of what is to come.....

To be fair though I will hopefully be in New Zealand for Christmas!! It's SUMMER in New Zealand in December!!:yes:

Bob Denman
10-19-2014, 12:24 PM
No... I didn't. :shocked:
The bikes were announced on September 15th.
Fawkes was left at the Dealer's, on September 16th...
I figure that I lost about two Months of riding Season, and took three extra bottles of Pain-relievers; during my time of abstinence...

OJ UK
10-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Goodness me! You're just a hero then!!:bowdown:

Bob Denman
10-19-2014, 03:46 PM
No; I got FAR too cranky... :opps:

cuznjohn
10-19-2014, 03:55 PM
No... I didn't. :shocked:
The bikes were announced on September 15th.
Fawkes was left at the Dealer's, on September 16th...
I figure that I lost about two Months of riding Season, and took three extra bottles of Pain-relievers; during my time of abstinence...

you might want to go back on the pills

Colin
10-19-2014, 04:51 PM
......But Bob, didn't you still have Fawkes??
I will have......nothing. Nothing but a memory...97217...and the anticipation of what is to come.....

To be fair though I will hopefully be in New Zealand for Christmas!! It's SUMMER in New Zealand in December!!:yes:

What part of NZ are you going to be here, and what dates, we could maybe catch up and go for a ride.

SNOOPY
10-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Wow, now that's a long distance relationship. :clap:

SpyderAnn01
10-19-2014, 09:05 PM

No, it looks like a damn riding mower.

OJ UK
10-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Thanks for those words of encouragement Ann! Today I said Farewell to the RS-S.....it's now a done deal and there's no going back.
So now I have to wait 'til March for the new one to be delivered to my door. /sigh...:helpsmilie:

Lamonster
10-20-2014, 04:54 PM
No, it looks like a damn riding mower.

Only had one guy say that in Daytona...a Spyder owner, the rest said it was wicked, badass, tight, looks like a hotrod.
Funny how Spyder owners are the hardest ones on their own family member. nojoke

Bob Denman
10-20-2014, 05:32 PM
That's just what families do... :shocked:
They bicker, all the time among themselves...
But when an "outsider" draws a bead on one of them; they all pull together as one! :2thumbs:

MidLifeCrisis
10-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Maybe it's because I don't have a spyder anymore, but I was thinking the F3 is all of those things Lamont said. If I could get a Spyder right now, I'd go all in on an F3. Maybe it's the mid life crisis in me speaking, but the F3 just looks like you could make it into just about anything you want. Feels like that red Porche I've been taking a liking to lately! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-20-2014, 05:59 PM
:shocked: WHICH Red Porsche??? :bowdown:

SNOOPY
10-20-2014, 06:30 PM
That's just what families do... :shocked:
They bicker, all the time among themselves...
But when an "outsider" draws a bead on one of them; they all pull together as one! :2thumbs:

Ah, shuddup.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Oops....

SpyderRx
10-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Only had one guy say that in Daytona...a Spyder owner, the rest said it was wicked, badass, tight, looks like a hotrod.
Funny how Spyder owners are the hardest ones on their own family member. nojoke
I would cut my grass with it!!!

MidLifeCrisis
10-20-2014, 09:19 PM
:shocked: WHICH Red Porsche??? :bowdown:

The only one...the 911. :D will have to hold off on that one too, till I pay off my current MLC ride. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD