PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting

oldguyinTX
10-17-2014, 08:55 AM
For the callback from BRP. :pray: You may remember that a couple of weeks ago I got a call from BRP regarding the heat & stalling problems with my 2013 RT Ltd. I was told that I would get a callback within 24-48 hours as to when to take it to the dealer for testing. :roflblack: The hours must be dragging, or am I mistaken in my thinking that the 48 hour window has passed? Same old story, lots of talk & no action.:bdh::bdh:If BRP would just do what they say they are going to do, I wouldn't have to keep beating that poor dead horse. And that, my friends, is today's rant. :gaah:

Bob Denman
10-17-2014, 09:00 AM
:shocked: They must be on "Canadian Daylight Savings" time... :shocked:

Give them another call; it can't hurt to try.
Good Luck! :thumbup:

Chupaca
10-17-2014, 10:33 AM
they are getting things done but you can always call them and tell them your still waiting..!! :banghead:

oldguyinTX
10-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Got the followup call from BRP today late morning. Took the RT to my dealer, and they did a BUDS diagnostic. I was there about 15 minutes. The Spyder technician told me that the bike was running rich. Took a ride by the beach, and right as I got home and walked in the door, BRP called again. The dealer had sent the diagnostic to BRP and they found two codes. First code was a bad purge valve, which will be replaced next week. The dealer won't have the part until late in the day on Monday. Second code was a oxygen sensor, but it was explained to me that that code could be caused by the bad purge valve. So they will replace the purge valve next week, and then they want me to put 100 miles on the bike and bring it back to the dealer for another diagnostic. If it still shows a bad oxygen sensor, they will then replace that as well. I was told by the BRP rep that "We are not going away". He admitted to me that the 990 was not meant to be a touring engine, that it was primarily made for the Aprilla. As we all know the 2013 has the frame meant for the 1330, which he admitted was not ready at that time. So, at last I feel that BRP is being honest with me, and is really trying to do all that they can to make the Spyder run & ride as intended. Maybe this will help other 2013 RT owners as well, if it turns out that these issues are common to 2013 RT's.

Sometime next week, I will provide an update.

cuznjohn
10-17-2014, 02:10 PM
the one thing i don't understand about any company is, if the are taking the bike apart to replace the purge valve and the code is there for the oxygen sensor, why not replace both of them at the same time. how much could the oxygen sensor cost them and the bike will be there only one time

oldguyinTX
10-17-2014, 02:14 PM
They are ordering the Oxygen Sensor today as well, so they will have it if needed. If so, it will be done next week as well. As long as something is being done, I don't mind the "baby steps". At least they are trying. As a plus, my dealer is only about 18 miles away, so it is not a huge inconvenience.

Bob Denman
10-17-2014, 02:25 PM
McHale would be proud of you... 97123

ARtraveler
10-17-2014, 02:27 PM
I am glad to hear that there is finally some movement in your ongoing saga. Fingers crossed that they get if solved. :yes:

oldguyinTX
10-17-2014, 02:49 PM
McHale would be proud of you... 97123

Wow Bob, that was quick!

Bob Denman
10-17-2014, 04:44 PM
:D You make it fun!

Seadog1
10-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Keep on calling. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel.

oldguyinTX
10-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Keep on calling. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel.

Yeah, and I have got a BIG grease gun.:ohyea:

oldguyinTX
10-17-2014, 10:09 PM
:D You make it fun!

OK Bob you're on!

GunDoctor
10-17-2014, 10:52 PM
What does it cost a company when they don't do what they say? We use to share our horror stories in our buddies garage over a couple of beers. Today we share them here, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media. These stories of less than exceptional service cost them far more than the few bucks they are trying to save by not replacing a 10.00 part, making you wait, put more miles on the bike to trouble shoot something that already shows a smoking gun. Because of the power of forums and social media, companies can use it to their advantage, yet most just take their licks.

Bob Denman
10-18-2014, 08:06 AM
OK Bob you're on!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif This one's a REAL toughie... :thumbup:

Are you, "Not taking it anymore"? :dontknow:

oldguyinTX
10-18-2014, 08:14 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif This one's a REAL toughie... :thumbup:

Are you, "Not taking it anymore"? :dontknow:

Just having fun pal, just having fun. I call it "Avatar Roulette"!:ohyea::ohyea:

Bob Denman
10-18-2014, 08:17 AM
:D I LIKE this game! :clap: :2thumbs:
William Holden?? :dontknow:

oldguyinTX
10-18-2014, 08:38 AM
:D I LIKE this game! :clap: :2thumbs:
William Holden?? :dontknow:

Try Again.

Bob Denman
10-18-2014, 08:51 AM
dang... Let me think about it a little.
ORRrrrr... Does anybody else know who it is? :D:D

oldguyinTX
10-18-2014, 08:57 AM
dang... Let me think about it a little.
ORRrrrr... Does anybody else know who it is? :D:D

All are welcome. Got a few more up my sleeve, too.

vided
10-18-2014, 09:00 AM
RAY MALLAND

oldguyinTX
10-18-2014, 09:21 AM
RAY MALLAND

We have a winner!! Now, do you want to bet it all? Name the film.

ThreeWheels
10-18-2014, 09:37 AM
The man with the Xray eyes.

What's doing with your Spyder.
I thought their were a whole bunch of things they wanted to change ?

oldguyinTX
10-18-2014, 10:04 AM
The man with the Xray eyes.

What's doing with your Spyder.
I thought their were a whole bunch of things they wanted to change ?

See Post #4. BTW, You Win! New one soon.

MidTNDawg
10-18-2014, 12:53 PM
the one thing i don't understand about any company is, if the are taking the bike apart to replace the purge valve and the code is there for the oxygen sensor, why not replace both of them at the same time. how much could the oxygen sensor cost them and the bike will be there only one time

BRP wants to isolate the exact reason and so take one item at a time.

MidTNDawg
10-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Got the followup call from BRP today late morning. Took the RT to my dealer, and they did a BUDS diagnostic. I was there about 15 minutes. The Spyder technician told me that the bike was running rich. Took a ride by the beach, and right as I got home and walked in the door, BRP called again. The dealer had sent the diagnostic to BRP and they found two codes. First code was a bad purge valve, which will be replaced next week. The dealer won't have the part until late in the day on Monday. Second code was a oxygen sensor, but it was explained to me that that code could be caused by the bad purge valve. So they will replace the purge valve next week, and then they want me to put 100 miles on the bike and bring it back to the dealer for another diagnostic. If it still shows a bad oxygen sensor, they will then replace that as well. I was told by the BRP rep that "We are not going away". He admitted to me that the 990 was not meant to be a touring engine, that it was primarily made for the Aprilla. As we all know the 2013 has the frame meant for the 1330, which he admitted was not ready at that time. So, at last I feel that BRP is being honest with me, and is really trying to do all that they can to make the Spyder run & ride as intended. Maybe this will help other 2013 RT owners as well, if it turns out that these issues are common to 2013 RT's.

Sometime next week, I will provide an update.

getting the parts on time. BRP has a rather unique parts delivery system.

oldguyinTX
10-18-2014, 01:49 PM
getting the parts on time. BRP has a rather unique parts delivery system.

Yep, I have had some experience with that, both good & bad. Hope this time is one of the good ones.

cuznjohn
10-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Yep, I have had some experience with that, both good & bad. Hope this time is one of the good ones.

BRP says they have a parts supply in the states but they must not stock anything. every time my bike needed a part it took 1 to 2 weeks to get

ThreeWheels
10-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Them !

Or did we stop playing ?