PDA

View Full Version : Some F3 Video and Pictures

blueled
10-15-2014, 06:28 AM
I'm really excited about the new Spyder F3, it just screams muscle!

Here are some videos and a Review of the Spyder F3 (http://www.steveninsales.com/first-review-f3-spyder/)I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVTg3ehrdqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y39deHKVzoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEO4FXd4pxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1yida2N2I

The New Freedom Trailer too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8BVDZq7EQw

reissooz
10-15-2014, 07:10 AM
for posting these!

blueled
10-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Here are some accessories (http://www.steveninsales.com/new-features-can-spyder-f3-accessories/)for the new F3.

I really like the new GPS, curvy road finder = awesome.

daveinva
10-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Great videos, thanks.

I just wish somebody would take a vid/photo of the frunk with a ff helmet in it, just so you can really see how much space is in that frunk.

dguisinger
10-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Great videos, thanks.

I just wish somebody would take a vid/photo of the frunk with a ff helmet in it, just so you can really see how much space is in that frunk.

Just a thought, looking at it more and more it's the shape not the volume that determines how useful it is.

they got rid of some of the nooks and crannies around the sides like where the tools are stored... That was measured in the total volume but not all that useful... Same with the top area of the back of the trunk since you couldn't fit anything that tall unless it was an inch deep... Maybe the trunk isn't a total loss

daveinva
10-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Just a thought, looking at it more and more it's the shape not the volume that determines how useful it is.

they got rid of some of the nooks and crannies around the sides like where the tools are stored... That was measured in the total volume but not all that useful... Same with the top area of the back of the trunk since you couldn't fit anything that tall unless it was an inch deep... Maybe the trunk isn't a total loss

My worry is that the shape appears to presuppose the helmet goes in first, then there's room on top for maybe a few flattish-things.

Problem is, I imagine I'm like 99% of Spyder owners who carry stuff in the *bottom* of their frunk, and place their helmet atop it. For example, I carry an expanded tool roll, small cans of WD-40 and Plexus, towels, spare LEDs, a headlamp, etc., etc. I still have plenty of room to spare for the helmet atop that, plus my work bag atop that.

I know I wouldn't be able to carry all of that in an F3, but again, the shape suggests you're not going to fit a helmet in there with anything larger than a pamphlet underneath the helmet. I know the marketeers will crow, "You get more storage than a conventional motorcycle!," but let's not kid ourselves, after six years and three models of Spyder each with a two-helmet frunk, it's going to be a genuine sacrifice to give up what has been one of the most attractive selling points of the Spyder.

den1953
10-16-2014, 05:30 AM
My wife and I wear shorty helmets so I think maybe both could fit in there. Other stuff like gloves and rain gear etc. would have to go into a set of saddlebags.

Bob Denman
10-16-2014, 07:37 AM
I wonder if there's any useable storage room underneath the passenger's seat? :dontknow:

Slagiatt
10-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the SM6 in the area of the shifting mechanism? I'd really like to see exactly how that is set up. Thanks!

Colin
10-16-2014, 02:59 PM
"but let's not kid ourselves, after six years and three models of Spyder each with a two-helmet frunk, it's going to be a genuine sacrifice to give up what has been one of the most attractive selling points of the Spyder."

At the risk of sounding rude, I don't understand comments like the above one, or similar types of negative comments about the F3.
It's here and it is what it is, its not an RT or ST or RS.
To come up with this type/style of Spyder there had to be compromise.
There are now 4 different models/types of Spyder, if the F3 isn't going to suit your requirements, don't buy it.

Mike,P
10-16-2014, 04:19 PM
"but let's not kid ourselves, after six years and three models of Spyder each with a two-helmet frunk, it's going to be a genuine sacrifice to give up what has been one of the most attractive selling points of the Spyder."

At the risk of sounding rude, I don't understand comments like the above one, or similar types of negative comments about the F3.
It's here and it is what it is, its not an RT or ST or RS.
There are now 4 different models/types of Spyder, if the F3 isn't going to suit your requirements, don't buy it.

What he said...

daveinva
10-17-2014, 10:20 AM

Not rude, but I must've chose my words poorly-- I'm not making a negative comment about the F3, I'm observing that the frunk is a compromise (among others) that represents a sacrifice to those of us who got used to-- and really liked-- having the frunk available on all other Spyder models.

Yes, and that compromise was a fish mouth and half a frunk in order to address the seemingly-endless heat challenges intrinsic to the Spyder. Half a frunk is the price we all have to pay for BRP's solution.

Requirements? No, just a desire, that's all. I *like* the F3, it's growing on me enough to where I might buy one for myself. But it's not a "negative comment" to bemoan the fact that in losing the frunk we're losing something that every Spyder owner to date has heretofore enjoyed. That's all I'm pointing out.

Honestly? I'd have less of a problem losing the frunk space if BRP wasn't price-gouging folks on the F3 saddlebags.

dguisinger
10-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Not rude, but I must've chose my words poorly-- I'm not making a negative comment about the F3, I'm observing that the frunk is a compromise (among others) that represents a sacrifice to those of us who got used to-- and really liked-- having the frunk available on all other Spyder models.

Yes, and that compromise was a fish mouth and half a frunk in order to address the seemingly-endless heat challenges intrinsic to the Spyder. Half a frunk is the price we all have to pay for BRP's solution.

Requirements? No, just a desire, that's all. I *like* the F3, it's growing on me enough to where I might buy one for myself. But it's not a "negative comment" to bemoan the fact that in losing the frunk we're losing something that every Spyder owner to date has heretofore enjoyed. That's all I'm pointing out.

Honestly? I'd have less of a problem losing the frunk space if BRP wasn't price-gouging folks on the F3 saddlebags.

Same here... I like the new design, its growing on me... But comparing the segments to the same motorcycle segments is also incorrect, as none of them have really ever had storage... when was the last time you saw a sport bike with a trunk? Spyder owners are used to having it.

Now, I agree completely if the saddlebags weren't such a bad deal I'd be complaining a lot less. In fact, give us an option... give us a much larger saddlebag for those times we need the extra storage, then I'd have no complaint about losing the trunk space.

But as it is, the new saddle bags + the frunk are a combined storage space similar to the old RS/ST trunk. I was going to get the saddle bags right off the bat since I had them on my RS... but I am highly disappointed that they went for look over functionality on them. I guess I'll hope for an optional larger size saddlebag next year instead of spending $1300 for these.