PDA

View Full Version : Just a Passenger For Now

Baileygirl
10-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Hello Lady Spyder Ryders

I am a newbie Spyder Ryder. My husband and I picked up our new bike at the end of September. So far I am having a blast! I thought that I would be fine with just being a passenger, but the more and more we ride, I know that come this spring I will want to get my licence and possibly my own Spyder. This forum is great, there is so much information to read.

PrairieSpyder
10-13-2014, 04:03 PM
:welcome:

If you've been lurking you know what we say: don't ride one unless you're ready to buy!

SNOOPY
10-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm not a lady, but can dogs post in this forum?

My wife thought she would want her own Spyder at first, but has come to just enjoy the ride without the worries or hassles of driving.

Still an open option to have her own, but hoping she will at least get her license and be able to drive the Spyder if the need ever arises for her to do so.

Leaving the ladies forum now....lol

SNOOPY
10-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Oh and welcome. :thumbup:

Leaving now....

Baileygirl
10-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Your right. I think it is a great idea for your wife and myself to get our licence just in case we need to drive it. I will get my licence next year. Enjoying being a passenger right now, but there is that little gremlin in me that wants her own.

Highwayman2013
10-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Try the group Girls on Spyders on Facebook.

ARtraveler
10-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Be careful what you wish for. :roflblack::roflblack:

Akspyderlady was one of those--I will NEVER get on that thing, and don't even think about me driving something like that.

Well...first season she rode over 10,000 miles as a passenger, and drove it about 100 miles. Next season, started driving mine while I drove my two wheeler. In July, of 2012, I had to get her one to drive on her own. 16,000 miles later...:roflblack::roflblack:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79635&d=1384978853 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1990&attachmentid=48392)

Exit Glacier, Kenai Fjords National Park--Just out of Seward Alaska.

Baileygirl
10-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Try the group Girls on Spyders on Facebook.

Yes, I have registered on both Facebook and their website, just waiting for their approval. Thanks.

Baileygirl
10-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Husband has already thought of what model to get next year for me once I get my licence. Have to make even more room in the garage if we have two bikes. We shall see.
I might end up riding this one and he will get the ST model.:yes:

Yazz
10-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Riding your own is way more fun :2thumbs:

Chupaca
10-13-2014, 10:13 PM
this has happened quite often. Hope you do get your own...good luck and enjoy the ryde..!! :thumbup:

13janice13
10-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Hello Lady Spyder Ryders

I am a newbie Spyder Ryder. My husband and I picked up our new bike at the end of September. So far I am having a blast! I thought that I would be fine with just being a passenger, but the more and more we ride, I know that come this spring I will want to get my licence and possibly my own Spyder. This forum is great, there is so much information to read.
Hi, I went with my husband to buy his spyder_no intentions to be anything but a passenger.I sat on the back seat and could not see anything. I sat in the drivers seat and part of me went YES. I bought my own 2 weeks later. The experience and exhilaration of driving is the best. Happy ryding and driving to you both.

Baileygirl
10-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Yes, I went with the intention of just looking, but three days later we had made up our minds and purchased our 2014. I am like you, riding on the back is fun and awesome, but I can't see past his helmet. I am waiting until the spring to take the course in Barrie, Ontario and hubby will teach me the basic skills before I go. I am hoping for a quick winter.