PDA

View Full Version : Not a Trike, Not a Bike: What is the 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3?

Topshotta
10-13-2014, 01:55 PM
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/not-trike-not-bike-2015-175003167.html

ARtraveler
10-13-2014, 01:59 PM
I saw this on the Yahoo "news" pages the other day. Another pretty good report on our favorite toy. IMO of course. :roflblack:

spyder3
10-13-2014, 02:04 PM
I have yet to see a negative article on the F3....thats pretty good:thumbup:

"Not a Trike, Not a Bike" Im glad i won't be the only one who has to answer that one...nojoke

BikerDoc
10-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Acceptance of our world is growing

10-13-2014, 02:52 PM
There are Trikes, there are Bikes and there are Spyders.
When people ask what I ride I don't answer trike or bike, I answer Spyder.
Spyder will be the term used for our bikes now and in the future.

We don't buy farkles for our bikes or our trikes.
We buy farkles for our Spyders.

We don't take our bikes or trikes to the dealer for service.
We take our Spyders to the Spyder dealer (not the bike or trike dealer).

Just my humble thought.

coz
10-13-2014, 04:12 PM
an EMPTY POCKETS maker, :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: that may be only slightly faster than my gs. for shame.

SPYD3R
10-13-2014, 04:21 PM
let's look at it this way....
it's a MOTORCYCLE... no where in the word 'motorcycle' does it state the number of tires/wheels... as in BIcycle... 'bi' meaning '2'....
so, i'm sticking with MOTORCYCLE... the word 'CYCLE' means to 'repeat'.... look here: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cycle
i guess you could say, that we 'repeat' in some form or another... after all, i repeatedly rode my SPYD3R most every day since new...
so call it what you'd like... i'm sticking with 'motorcycle', you stick with what you'd like... but whatever you choose, it's still a SPYD3R...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

Bob Denman
10-13-2014, 04:56 PM
;) Mine's a "Transformer"; it turned all of my money into good times! :2thumbs:

Colin
10-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Well technically in New Zealand it should be called a Car, as it is registered as a car and can be ridden
with a car licence.
But I call it a Spyder along with most of my fellow riders, except for one that calls it his Trike.

Topshotta
10-13-2014, 05:35 PM
let's look at it this way....
it's a MOTORCYCLE... no where in the word 'motorcycle' does it state the number of tires/wheels... as in BIcycle... 'bi' meaning '2'....
so, i'm sticking with MOTORCYCLE... the word 'CYCLE' means to 'repeat'.... look here: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cycle
i guess you could say, that we 'repeat' in some form or another... after all, i repeatedly rode my SPYD3R most every day since new...
so call it what you'd like... i'm sticking with 'motorcycle', you stick with what you'd like... but whatever you choose, it's still a SPYD3R...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R
I agree, the word motorcyclye does not specify the number of wheels. I use spyder because that's what it is. I call my 2 wheel a vstar because that's what it is. Collectively I call them motorcycle.
maybe soon someone will come up with a new name for 3 wheels.....Tritorcycle......Trimotorcycle

Colin
10-13-2014, 05:38 PM
If you get bored, try reading the comments on this article, some very informed, and very one eyed stupid comments as well

SPYD3R
10-13-2014, 06:29 PM
;) Mine's a "Transformer"; it turned all of my money into good times! :2thumbs:

BOB;
if i had your $$$$$$$$$$$......
i'd pay of the National Debt, then buy myself a 2nd SPYD3R.... the F3...... :thumbup: :roflblack:

i hear Bill Gates & Warren Buffet come to you for loans.... :bowdown: :yes:

come on Bob..... SMILE..... :D
Dan P

ttc
10-13-2014, 11:37 PM
I absolutely loathe people calling my spyder a trike.
To me a trike is a ugly harley looking thing, two wheels at the back and a car engine in the back most of the time. Can't stand them.

When people ask me what my RS-S is, I tell them it's my jet ski on wheels :)

Bob Denman
10-14-2014, 06:57 AM
BOB;
if i had your $$$$$$$$$$$......
i'd pay of the National Debt, then buy myself a 2nd SPYD3R.... the F3...... :thumbup: :roflblack:

i hear Bill Gates & Warren Buffet come to you for loans.... :bowdown: :yes:

come on Bob..... SMILE..... :D
Dan P

If you had MY money; you'd have starved to death... :shocked:

joet82
10-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Tri=3....so, hence forth, it is a Trike....as has every Spyder....it's just a "New School" Trike witht he 2 in the front.

GunDoctor
10-15-2014, 12:47 PM
TRIROD...THERE I SAID IT.