PDA

View Full Version : considering moving to Reno area from California

Princeau99
10-12-2014, 01:31 PM
A couple of quick questions. Can I qualify for the MC endorsement with a Spyder? (currently auto license only)
And what about dealers in the area?

thanks
rich

cptjam
10-12-2014, 03:51 PM
In Nevada, a Spyder (or any vehicle)that has a single Driven rear wheel, makes it a motorcycle. You need the "M" endorsement. California license does not transfer for motorcycles. Not sure on dealers. Welcome to the Silver State!

garb55
10-12-2014, 10:57 PM
A couple of quick questions. Can I qualify for the MC endorsement with a Spyder? (currently auto license only)

thanks
rich
The Spyder dealer in Reno is Michel's Motorsports
I like their parts department
I have not had good experience with their service department or their sales department
I go to Roseville Calif. [Twin Cities Motorsports] if I need to have them work on my bike
I do most of my own service
Don

Lew L
03-11-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm new to the Spyder and this forum ( both of which seem pretty kool). I've been in reno for 24 years and lef california for many reasons. Reno has 2 seasons----Winter and Road Work. Also has GREAT outdoor activites. Lake Tahoe and all those ski resorts. Just tooooo many great passes in the Sierras for day trips.

You'll need to get a motorcycle endorsment to you D/L----I bought my RT-S at Michaels motosports---Second purchase from them, first was a used V-max. The service dept seems good, clean.

Kaos

PS: Did I say I left San Jose??

szohar
03-12-2015, 12:31 AM
Sorry to hear you are leaving San Jose and we never met:(

I am sure you will have a better dealer in Reno then the one we used to have in Sunnyvale.

Good luck.

Lew L
03-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Local reno stealership ( Michaels motorsport) delivered my expensive RT-S with 12 psi in the fronts and 23 in the back. Supposed to be 20 and 28. POOR dealer prep.

Kaos

SpyderAnn01
03-12-2015, 11:35 PM
You can get a 3 wheeled endorsement if you take the driving test on your Spyder. Don't know about Reno but in Las Vegas they can only give you the test at one of the DMV locations. Until last fall they would have you ride your Spyder on the street and a DMV examiner would follow behind you in a car.

Lots of snow in Reno. Brrrrrrr.

Lew L
04-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Hi Ann,
With a winter like we had this year---- you could have ridden a :ani29: just about all winter. Skiing has been marginal( But i'm going up today ) Summers are great though. Seldom reaches 100 F up in the forrest and only a few days in town. The heated grips on the RT-S make all the difference.

Kaos

Lisa
04-14-2015, 04:29 PM
Have you ever had a problem with the brakes?? I have a 2010 with 3000 miles & the rear pads are gone..
I have not had good experience with their service department or their sales department
I go to Roseville Calif. [Twin Cities Motorsports] if I need to have them work on my bike
Don[/QUOTE]

Lew L
04-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Have you ever had a problem with the brakes?? I have a 2010 with 3000 miles & the rear pads are gone..
Don[/QUOTE]
Hi Don,
After the first service i plan on doing all (?) my own service also. Only problem with my brakes was that ( as delivered ) my 2014 RT-S was low on brake fluid:yikes: As well as both fron wheels and tires had to be replaced ( wheel shimmy at 50 mph) then the new front tires were dellivered with 12 psi ) I really don't trust Michaels power sports shop.
Kaos

garb55
04-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Hi Don,
After the first service i plan on doing all (?) my own service also. Only problem with my brakes was that ( as delivered ) my 2014 RT-S was low on brake fluid:yikes: As well as both fron wheels and tires had to be replaced ( wheel shimmy at 50 mph) then the new front tires were dellivered with 12 psi ) I really don't trust Michaels power sports shop.
Kaos[/QUOTE]

:agree::agree::agree:
Don

ca8920
06-14-2015, 12:22 AM
The laws just changed here in Nevada with the last legislation. The law dealing with what we call a trimobile was altered to include a Spyder and a Slingshot. You no longer have to have a motorcycle endorsement for a Spyder or Slingshot.:ani29:

WingmanRT
08-09-2015, 12:37 AM
The laws just changed here in Nevada with the last legislation. The law dealing with what we call a trimobile was altered to include a Spyder and a Slingshot. You no longer have to have a motorcycle endorsement for a Spyder or Slingshot.:ani29:

What about helmet regulation? Considering a move to NV but hate wearing a helmet in 100 degree weather.

PaladinLV
08-09-2015, 12:54 AM
As of June, all Trikes in NV are no longer considered MC for the purposes of licensing, plates, and clothing items.
However, this does not pertain to HOV lanes, insurance, and remember in NV you CANNOT split lanes LEGALLY.
The new law now classifies these vehicles as Trimobiles (sp?)

AJ

thanks
rich

PaladinLV
08-09-2015, 12:57 AM
What about helmet regulation? Considering a move to NV but hate wearing a helmet in 100 degree weather.

A helmet for a trimobile in NV is now optional.

Is your BRAIN MATTER?

AJ