PDA

View Full Version : Another Example of Why Spyderlovers is the BEST

jimcrom
10-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Today a friend of mine was installing four inch risers on a 2010 spyder. I took a ride down to watch and kibitz with him. As some of you know, I do not do mechanics (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express, once). While the instructions as someone wrote are 95% good, there is always something that can go wrong. They had a rough time getting the left hand grip off. (Mentioned by another, that they had problems with the hand grip rubber welding to the bar and using a screw driver and Windex to try and make the job easier. Then there were issues of trying to find enough slack. I remembered people discussing about zip ties and down inside and the need to remove the tupper ware.
Thank-goodness for the Do It Yourself section and the videos that people took the time to make. It saved a lot of time and problems. I know in some ways it is like preaching to the choir but if you own a spyder or you are going to take on a project, as I have told anyone who has a spyder that there is a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people, you need to be on Spyderlovers. I have learned so much stuff being here and while I don't make a lot of posts, I spend a lot of time reading and lurking because as someone once said you have two ears and only one mouth and your actions should match listening vs talking.

Either way I am grateful for the people who make up Spyderlovers.

SNOOPY
10-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Looking at the title of this thread I thought you were talking about me. :opps:

LOL

lightnin leeRoy
10-11-2014, 09:32 PM
I agree, a lot of very knowledgeable Spyder riders.
Lightnin' LeeRoy

SAR41
10-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Thanks to this group I saved a lot of time removing the glovebox, rewiring and putting it back together.

Roadster Renovations
10-11-2014, 11:30 PM
I have learned so much from these guys.......really awesome!

Chupaca
10-12-2014, 12:01 AM
one of the reasons this site was started. Collectively there is a wealth of knowledge here that surpasses the brp testing facility. We ryde these machine and know what works and what dosen't and in many cases how to fix it. You are proof that this is a great site and I can say for as much as I know I have learned much more being here...thanks for the post..!! :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
10-12-2014, 12:18 AM
One of the best things i learned from Spyderlovers .......................take it to Spyderpops for mods. (as opposed to doing it myself) :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

I think everyone should have a Spyderpops within 50 miles of their home.

Cruzr Joe

Deanna777
10-12-2014, 06:43 PM
I also, have learned a lot from this site. Deanna:ohyea:

ARtraveler
10-12-2014, 07:02 PM
For those who are not intimidated by DIY projects, this is for sure the place to come for advice.

Most of the time, when I want farkles, I have someone do it for me. I was able to install grip puppies, Seal Floorboards, and the oversize brake peddle though. :roflblack: Still have a set of KOTT grills to install but think I can work my way up to those also. :yes:

jimcrom
10-18-2014, 08:59 PM
I had thought that you did your own installs. Much braver than I. Only thing I installed was the new gas cap. That was a bear.:D

For those who are not intimidated by DIY projects, this is for sure the place to come for advice.

Most of the time, when I want farkles, I have someone do it for me. I was able to install grip puppies, Seal Floorboards, and the oversize brake peddle though. :roflblack: Still have a set of KOTT grills to install but think I can work my way up to those also. :yes: