PDA

View Full Version : Seat heat option

Steve67
10-10-2014, 11:32 AM
When looking at a aftermarket seat....what opinion is there out there on getting the seat heat option. I live in the prairies in Canada and as soon as ice melts on road Im riding....then till the snow starts staying in November. So I'm riding at times around the freezing mark. I was looking at the heated pants liner that will work with my heated vest.....thinking that would be better than a heated seat. Any thoughts ???

PW2013STL
10-10-2014, 11:41 AM
When looking at a aftermarket seat....what opinion is there out there on getting the seat heat option. I live in the prairies in Canada and as soon as ice melts on road Im riding....then till the snow starts staying in November. So I'm riding at times around the freezing mark. I was looking at the heated pants liner that will work with my heated vest.....thinking that would be better than a heated seat. Any thoughts ???

For the RT BRP sells one. Also Corbin has that option on some of their seats. Motorcycle Dave (site sponsor) has kits for installing them to your seat.

Motorcycledave
10-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Hi Dave here
I stock the seat heater units right here in California, not much need here for them but you folks
who live in the cold country sure need them, I have the Heat Demon they are the best and you can
install them your self into any seat they come as a single or a dual unit for front and back. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

NorthStar
10-10-2014, 01:59 PM
There are plenty of suppliers in Canada that carry the Heat Demon motorcycle seat warmer kits. However, if one of the Spyderlover sponsors carries this item at a comparable "delivered cost" then I would recommend you support that sponsor.

r1100rider
10-10-2014, 03:32 PM
When it's that cold you will have all your thick gear on and can't feel the heat in the seat we have one spend your money on girbing liners instead and you will love them

ChasCS
10-10-2014, 03:48 PM
I went with the self help, RENS Sheepskin from IKEA...

I've never ever looked back... ;-)

Chas

Chupaca
10-10-2014, 05:04 PM
when I rode in cold weather, it was not my seat nor plams that got cold. It was the shin, knees and theighs as well as the fingers and knuckles. Heated liners worked best for me. Now this is on bikes and the RS....:dontknow:

ChasCS
10-10-2014, 05:09 PM
40's* in the morning? Hahaha, that must be horrible for you? ;-) 32*F is freezing... Soooo...

Does it sting when you laugh too? Hahaha J/K

Up here, We just grow an extra pair! around mid November, just in case... ;-)

Has anyone seen my neutered brass monkey?

When the smiling Rabbi said, 'It won't be long now.' ","
Um, we all ran in different directions...

Chas

jaherbst
10-10-2014, 05:42 PM

Buy a full sheepskin cover for the whole seat. I doubt you will actually need seat heat. If all else fails, buy a 2013.;)

Jack

jaherbst
10-10-2014, 05:46 PM
when I rode in cold weather, it was not my seat nor plams that got cold. It was the shin, knees and theighs as well as the fingers and knuckles. Heated liners worked best for me. Now this is on bikes and the RS....:dontknow:

Ski bottom under wear and knee length socks work real well under the riding pants. I wear a heated jacket liner and some times heated gloves when it is below 50 degrees.

Jack

jaherbst
10-10-2014, 05:48 PM
When it's that cold you will have all your thick gear on and can't feel the heat in the seat we have one spend your money on girbing liners instead and you will love them

Gerbing

jaherbst
10-10-2014, 05:49 PM

Gerbing

Jack

Woodsrider
10-11-2014, 09:06 AM
I've got the top o' the line heated gear (Warmnsafe.com), sold all my gerbing to get them. I don't use the pant liners anymore though because even through thick leather pants the corbin heated seats will literally burn your a$$.

I'm going to get another heattroller and put it on the seat, right now I have to switch it off and then back on so I don't have burns.