PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to fueling without lifting the seat on a 2014 RT-Ltd SE6?

autoexacto
10-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi Folks...I find that having to lift the seat to put gas on my RT somewhat an inconvenient specially when 2 up and/or when I carry luggage on my back seat. It is not a major thing but I am sure there is a solution to this ¨life´s¨ dilema..jajaja....thanks for all your help in advance...

ARtraveler
10-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Corbin for sure has a seat with a gas door in it. I also think--but not sure--that Ultimate seat has one.

I have been "toughing it out" since I took the Corbin off my 2010 RT. Now, both RT's have the raise the seat to fill option.

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 01:08 PM
I think that "garb55", figured out an inexpensive way to modify the stock seat with an opening for the fueling chores... :thumbup:
PM him...

MidTNDawg
10-09-2014, 01:09 PM
a gas door in their seat. You may want to do a search on Spyder Lovers.

Marker
10-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Love my heated corbin seat with a side gas door. No more lifting the seat for refueling:thumbup:The seat is very comfortable.:firstplace:

autoexacto
10-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Love my heated corbin seat with a side gas door. No more lifting the seat for refueling:thumbup:The seat is very comfortable.:firstplace:

Hi Marker, thanks for your reply, is your a 2014?...does the driver´s back seat fit on the Corbin seat without problems? I am going to check their site to see what do I have to pawn to get it, hopefully someone else has a cheaper more cost effective solution..jejeje...:sour:

autoexacto
10-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Ouch..checked the price for Corbin´s seat knowing that is worth the price but forking out almost $1000.00 USD plus shipping is too much for now...jejeje...will teach wife how to refuel the Y, much cheaper option..LOL...;)

blacklightning
10-09-2014, 02:31 PM
I think that "garb55", figured out an inexpensive way to modify the stock seat with an opening for the fueling chores... :thumbup:
PM him...
I would be interested in this also. Could someone post a link if you find it?

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 02:35 PM
I'll try to see if I can dig it out...
But a PM to him might be quicker. :D

10-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Ultimate has one and I like it better then Corbin's. It seems the Ultimate seems cushier and fits my butt better and I like the memory foam
and a backrest is available also as an option.
I use Ultimate's on all my bikes and have for years.

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 02:44 PM
I would be interested in this also. Could someone post a link if you find it?

:shocked: Well I'll be darned...
I found it!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?65326-Can-you

autoexacto
10-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Bob you are the big cajuna...thanks!!

autoexacto
10-09-2014, 03:56 PM
I found it!

Hi Bob, again thanks for the link, I read it and saw that you were planning to do it, so did you do it or what happened?...Now that I saw how it was done I am going to take it to a local upholstery guy that works fairly nice and see what kind of ideas he can give me. If anyone elses has any ideas welcome!!..btw, when I take it to the shop here I will take pics of whatever (if anything is done)...greetings!

Lin
Bob, I just read through the original thread started by Don. Have you done your seat yet?

Lin

BLUEKNIGHT911
Hi Folks...I find that having to lift the seat to put gas on my RT somewhat an inconvenient specially when 2 up and/or when I carry luggage on my back seat. It is not a major thing but I am sure there is a solution to this ¨life´s¨ dilema..jajaja....thanks for all your help in advance...
:gaah:.....Sorry but I can't do a "LINK" so you will have to look it up the hard way.:yikes:....On 9-7-14 I posted this about a GAS DOOR ...." IF YOU WANTED A GAS DOOR ETC ETC. "..................read post #1 pics are at post #17 ...........Total cost of this MOD was less than $20 .....................your welcome ........Mike......Well I did the next best thing ..............I did a BUMP so it's now in " the General Forum section ".......Mike :agree:

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Bob, I just read through the original thread started by Don. Have you done your seat yet?
:shocked: Chickened out... :opps:
But you have to remember that my mechanical skills are rarer than an honest Policitian. :D

cohoff
10-09-2014, 06:20 PM

check out the 'for sale by owner and wtb' forum. there is one for sale in there right now for $600

StanProff
10-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Corbin for sure has a seat with a gas door in it. I also think--but not sure--that Ultimate seat has one.

I have been "toughing it out" since I took the Corbin off my 2010 RT. Now, both RT's have the raise the seat to fill option.

I was with a group years ago when a guy was putting gas in a two wheeler with a passenger sitting on the seat. He overflowed the gas and had a flame up that had everyone running. The passenger dived off and luckily no one was hurt. I don't mind raising the seat to fuel up. I would never let a passenger stay on the bike anyway. By the way, if the key switch is a bother to unlatch the seat simply take a small crescent and remove the latching post from the seat. then you can just raise it with no fuss as all. Don't need the latch anyway.

garb55
10-09-2014, 10:23 PM
I found it!

Thanks Bob
I was going to find it when I read your post
By the way
I have been using the gas door since I modified the seat and it works great
Can not even tell it is there
I have my dog with me almost all the time so I do not have to unstrap her seat every time I fill up
Don

garb55
10-09-2014, 10:26 PM
But you have to remember that my mechanical skills are rarer than an honest Policitian. :D

Maybe if you show one of your friends the thread they can do it for you
It is very simple
you live on the other ocean from me or I would come over and do it
Don

bronzeflex42
10-10-2014, 09:53 AM
check out garb55's idea...:yes:

Bob Denman
10-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Maybe if you show one of your friends the thread they can do it for you
It is very simple
you live on the other ocean from me or I would come over and do it
Don
Thanks for the kind offer. :D
This whole"2,500 miles or so" distance issue, is starting to give me a rash! :shocked:

autoexacto
10-10-2014, 02:20 PM

jajaja...you made me laugh...¨honest politician¨....greetings!

Bob Denman
10-10-2014, 02:28 PM
:D :2thumbs:

BikerDoc
10-10-2014, 03:45 PM
I had a fuel door installed on my 2010 and 2012 seats but with the improved range of the 2014 I no longer find it to be the hassle I did with the earlier models