PDA

View Full Version : Showed my wife a picture of the F3....here's what she said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim&Teresa
10-09-2014, 10:46 AM
We have owned two RT's and I just showed my wife a picture of the new 2015 F3 from the front view.....

Exact words she said: "Looks like a lawn mower" ! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Looks like we're stickin' with the RT ! :opps: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

In her defense, we do own a John Deere riding mower.........

spyder3
10-09-2014, 10:54 AM
That front grill is the real ugly spot imo. i agree with your wife. I don't think the F3 is a replacement for the RT anyway, for most ..

Chupaca
10-09-2014, 10:55 AM
she is not the only one that has noticed this. But it's here to stay and has grown on some...I'm sticking with my RS... :ohyea::ohyea:

ARtraveler
10-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Not going to be a customer--but--I like that orange one with the hood scoops. It is kind of changing in my mind from "ugly" to "mean looking." Amazing how the more you look at it, how it seems to grow on you.

You might try some of that subliminal stuff like Ralphy tried in the Christmas Story. Put some pictures or ads for the F3 in her magazines, etc. Have your TV play some of the video clips how the F3 is reinventing the ride. :roflblack::roflblack:

Good luck with your project. :yes:

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 12:35 PM
You might try some of that subliminal stuff like Ralphy tried in the Christmas Story. Put some pictures or ads for the F3 in her magazines, etc. Have your TV play some of the video clips how the F3 is reinventing the ride. :roflblack::roflblack:

Lamonster
10-09-2014, 12:55 PM
I just showed it to a gal for the first time and she said it looks like a car/hotrod....so lawnmower people see lawnmowers and hotrod people see hotrods. By the way the new lawnmowers are made to look more automotive. At least is no longer looks like a snowmobile. :doorag:

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
:shocked: But I'm a snowmobile guy... :D

Grandpa Pete
10-09-2014, 01:23 PM
TOOOOOO FUNNY:joke::joke::joke:

spydaman60
10-09-2014, 01:50 PM
my wife said "it looks like the old husky snow machines." some of you are going to be too young to know what they looked like, but i'm sure bob d. can come up with a picture for us!!! :2thumbs:

spyder3
10-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Not going to be a customer--but--I like that orange one with the hood scoops. It is kind of changing in my mind from "ugly" to "mean looking." Amazing how the more you look at it, how it seems to grow on you.

Good luck with your project. :yes:

Your track record says otherwise AKS :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 02:49 PM
my wife said "it looks like the old husky snow machines." some of you are going to be too young to know what they looked like, but i'm sure bob d. can come up with a picture for us!!! :2thumbs:
I was was thinking "Diablo Rouge"... 96645
:D

It turns out, that they're one and the same! Give her a hug from me; she's got a good eye!! :2thumbs:

waffle.snot
10-09-2014, 03:28 PM
We have owned two RT's and I just showed my wife a picture of the new 2015 F3 from the front view.....

Exact words she said: "Looks like a lawn mower" ! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Looks like we're stickin' with the RT ! :opps: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

In her defense, we do own a John Deere riding mower.........

That is EXACTLY my point! :banghead: I want the front of a 2014 RT (1330 ENGINE) with the back end of an ST-L (saddle bags) :yes:

Tazzel
10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I think I will buy a used one in 3 years for half the price with 1500 miles on it like most used motorcycles!!

Plus, BRP does not have a good track record with new spyder models. Let them work the bugs out.

Lin
10-09-2014, 04:03 PM
I can't see the front of mine while I'm adding the miles.

Mike,P
10-09-2014, 05:05 PM
What I find most amusing about this thread is,,, the people that aren't potential buyers criticizing the F 3 the most = must have a lot of free time.. The F3 is a performance Spyder,, addressing in my opinion some of the many things I have been waiting for.. I'm anxiously awaiting mine and based on opinions of people that have actually ridden one,,, I'm very comfortable with my choice 😎..... I also think it's silly to NOT own a Spyder and comment on any topic Spyder related but I'm old fashioned that way 😃 In defense of the OP ,, my wife made the same riding lawnmower analogy.... I said,, I like it and I'm getting it anyway 😎

vondalyn
10-09-2014, 05:22 PM
What I find most amusing about this thread is,,, the people that aren't potential buyers criticizing the F 3 the most = must have a lot of free time.. The F3 is a performance Spyder,, addressing in my opinion some of the many things I have been waiting for.. I'm anxiously awaiting mine and based on opinions of people that have actually ridden one,,, I'm very comfortable with my choice 😎..... I also think it's silly to NOT own a Spyder and comment on any topic Spyder related but I'm old fashioned that way 😃 In defense of the OP ,, my wife made the same riding lawnmower analogy.... I said,, I like it and I'm getting it anyway 😎

I made the same lawnmower analogy, but it's grown on me and I see the muscle car in there too. I'm still getting one. I'll just have to get used to lawn tractor comments from strangers :)

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 05:55 PM
...Look anything at all like a lawn mower...

...THIS does! :D

Mike,P
10-09-2014, 05:59 PM
I made the same lawnmower analogy, but it's grown on me and I see the muscle car in there too. I'm still getting one. I'll just have to get used to lawn tractor comments from strangers :)

I admit,,, I was not in love w the F3s looks at first / I had a first in line deposit for the Slingshot and was headed in that direction.. The two things that brought me to the F3 were,, I don't know if I wanted to give up handle bars for a steering wheel and The MAJOR deal breaker was the Turbo version coming in 2016���� So I cooled off on the Slingshot for now and I think the wifey n me will be quite content on the F3 for 2015... I think once we get the OVER THE ROAD LUGGAGE THING SORTED,,, we'll be smiling ��

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 06:01 PM
...Mail it ahead to your destination, and mail the dirty laundry home! :thumbup:

Kraut
10-10-2014, 08:54 AM
...Look anything at all like a lawn mower...

...THIS does! :D

AAWWWW MAN! I want one!

OJ UK
10-10-2014, 09:15 AM
The Lotus Sevens had a front not unlike the F3 and with a little imagination/inspiration they can
get that plain old front end looking meaner than ummmm..... a really angry mean thing! :rolleyes:
Didn't like it at first but it grew on me and now I'm getting one hopefully in March.
This is the look I've chosen:
96678 96679

I don't much like the chrome trim on the bags......but that is easy to change.

bscrive
10-10-2014, 09:35 AM
The Lotus Sevens had a front not unlike the F3 and with a little imagination/inspiration they can
get that plain old front end looking meaner than ummmm..... a really angry mean thing! :rolleyes:
Didn't like it at first but it grew on me and now I'm getting one hopefully in March.
96678 96679

That's a nice looking machine OJ. :2thumbs:
I would save the $1500 and buy some aftermarket bags. I am sure that Nelson Riggs will have something much cheaper and look just as nice.
I am partial to the Red one with the black stripes but I would want the red frame as well.

Bob Denman
10-10-2014, 10:27 AM
96678 96679

:clap: I truly can appreciate your fine taste in motorcycles... :D :2thumbs:

reissooz
10-10-2014, 11:06 AM
96678 96679

Except mine will be in white!!:yes:

BajaRon
10-10-2014, 11:17 AM
That front end is definitely a watershed feature for many. I am wondering what the aftermarket people will come up with as alternatives.

den1953
10-10-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm leaning toward the F3-S with the red frame, probably the silver (the white looks good too). I'd probably want the red racing stripes on the frunklid and that windshield & saddlebags. The only things different for me would be the bigger quick detachable passenger backrest and the driver backrest.

OJ UK
10-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Know what you mean, Ron. The shiny aluminium/chrome piece at the top of the grille will
have to go or be re-painted. Then if you look at the Lotus Seven/Caterham owners club and
see how this kind of front can be embellished it's not rocket science!

Here're a few examples:
http://brakebanzeen.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/donkervoort-d8gt-dubai-24h-edition-front.jpeg

If you scroll though here there are several different versions of what really is the same thing.....
variations on a theme, if you will.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f178/can-somebody-list-lotus-7-caterham-knockoffs-87787/

OJ UK
10-10-2014, 11:58 AM
That's a nice looking machine OJ. :2thumbs:
I would save the $1500 and buy some aftermarket bags. I am sure that Nelson Riggs will have something much cheaper and look just as nice.
I am partial to the Red one with the black stripes but I would want the red frame as well.

TBH I'm only changing for the new motor and transmission plus the much better brakes.....if the package was available in an RS I'd jump at it.
Time isn't on my side though and I need the new bike before my reactions slow too much. I don't think we'll see these changes happen in the RS/ST
until 2016/7 season. Sadly we don't get Nelson Rigg gear over here and importing stuff from the States is an expensive proposition by the
time that Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs have finished with you!! To give you an example my Corbin seat cost the equivalent of $1400!

Mike,P
10-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Except mine will be in white!!:yes:

Me toooooo

vondalyn
10-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Me toooooo

me threeeeeeee!

Dan_Ashley
10-10-2014, 05:01 PM
I want an F3. It w will be parked next to my RT in my garage. I will also get a front grill fanned up and chromed for it.