PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change - Meltdown Assistance Please

dashnj
10-08-2014, 07:39 PM
We can't figure out how to remove the bottom panel. It slides back and forth, but we don't want to break it off. We have her all torn apart and are stuck on how to remove this piece. Can't get anywhere with it on. 96601

Spyder ST 2013 - LTD - SE

Your help would be appreciated. It's getting colorful around here.:banghead:

jerpinoy
10-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I didn't have to removed that panel last time I change my oil. The oil kit I bought came with the instruction and panel removal.

dashnj
10-08-2014, 08:24 PM
I didn't have to removed that panel last time I change my oil. The oil kit I bought came with the instruction and panel removal.

Thanks for your help. I don't know if there is a difference with the RT & the ST, but it seems we have a mess with that panel on, and blocked access to the drain plug.

If we can get it off we can clean it too, even if we don't have to take it off next time. Anyone know the trick to removal?

dashnj
10-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks for your help. I don't know if there is a difference with the RT & the ST, but it seems we have a mess with that panel on, and blocked access to the drain plug.

If we can get it off we can clean it too, even if we don't have to take it off next time. Anyone know the trick to removal?

UPDATE - Looking good, it's off! Found the rivet!

Chupaca
10-08-2014, 11:52 PM
congrats..!! :2thumbs: it will be a breeze the next time. I like to remove all panels to clean all those hard to reach places...:thumbup:

dashnj
10-12-2014, 10:54 PM
congrats..!! :2thumbs: it will be a breeze the next time. I like to remove all panels to clean all those hard to reach places...:thumbup:

Thanks just saw this! Update, it flew off on the highway today. Apparently not installed properly. Bummed!

BajaRon
10-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Thanks just saw this! Update, it flew off on the highway today. Apparently not installed properly. Bummed!

I took mine off and never replaced it. A consideration since your's auto-ejected anyway.