PDA

View Full Version : the lack of tunes

vondalyn
10-08-2014, 10:24 AM
I've had other people tell me that they bluetooth their music into their helmet communications and they like it better than a blaring stereo on their Spyder. Honestly I was convinced that I would prefer the blaring stereo given the choice. The thought of giving up my RT stereo was kind of a bummer, but I never used to have one on 2 wheels, so I knew I could handle it. Just figured I'd have to try some other options when I get the F3.

So timing worked out sooner than later for me, I ended up getting a new iPod this week and yesterday I bluetoothed it to my helmet communications and went for a ride. The verdict? It was really nice to have the music in the helmet instead of blaring. Weird huh? I guess I'm a convert, and I'm shocked at how quickly it happened!

Chupaca
10-08-2014, 10:30 AM
I find it much better. One just has to try and now the scala G9 shares the music with your passenger...:2thumbs:

grumpybob
10-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Congrats. I just blare from the speakers. Some songs are meant to blare I guess. This is also the first time I have had music on a bike. Sure do like it.

Bob Denman
10-08-2014, 10:53 AM
:shocked: As long as the voices in my head, can sing along... :thumbup:

vondalyn
10-08-2014, 11:08 AM
:shocked: As long as the voices in my head, can sing along... :thumbup:

I found myself more tempted to sing along than when it was blaring. I will have to remember that when I'm not riding solo someone else will hear me.

vondalyn
10-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Congrats. I just blare from the speakers. Some songs are meant to blare I guess. This is also the first time I have had music on a bike. Sure do like it.
Yep, I have a feeling next time Eric Clapton's Alibi comes on I'll be cranking it up inside my helmet.

BikerDoc
10-08-2014, 11:45 AM
I've had other people tell me that they bluetooth their music into their helmet communications and they like it better than a blaring stereo on their Spyder. Honestly I was convinced that I would prefer the blaring stereo given the choice. The thought of giving up my RT stereo was kind of a bummer, but I never used to have one on 2 wheels, so I knew I could handle it. Just figured I'd have to try some other options when I get the F3.

So timing worked out sooner than later for me, I ended up getting a new iPod this week and yesterday I bluetoothed it to my helmet communications and went for a ride. The verdict? It was really nice to have the music in the helmet instead of blaring. Weird huh? I guess I'm a convert, and I'm shocked at how quickly it happened!:agree: I was also against the idea of direct music into my ears thinking it would hurt my awareness around me, but I adapted quickly and love the convenience so I also am ready for the arrival of my F3

Bob Denman
10-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Yep, I have a feeling next time Eric Clapton's Alibi comes on I'll be cranking it up inside my helmet.

Me? I'm more of an "Analog Man"... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il1Byvn_vMA

Magdave
10-08-2014, 12:18 PM
I have my tunes on my Garmin 765T w/ Ram mount and Bluetooth it to my helmet get both directions and tunes. With the 765T in a waterproof case and glare stomper it as good or better than the 660. It can also send via FM to the radio and does a self search for a weak station if I just want directions over radio then I Bluetooth music from my Phone to my helmet.:thumbup:

Dragonrider
10-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Glad that works for you. It's blaring or nothing for me - I HATE full hats, and will never have one again...

Dgjason
10-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I must be getting old. I use my speakers hooked up to my iPod and think it sounds pretty good. Guess I live in the past with crystal radios. :p

Highwayman2013
10-08-2014, 01:00 PM
For half "hats":http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-sph10h-fm-bluetooth-intercom-with-fm-tuner-for-half-helmets

vondalyn
10-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Glad that works for you. It's blaring or nothing for me - I HATE full hats, and will never have one again...

I have a scala full-helmet cradle on my full-face helmet and a scala half-helmet cradle on my half-helmet, so I just switch the scala G9 unit between the helmets depending on which I'm riding with any given day. Works great either way!

oldguyinTX
10-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Around my small town in CT, admittedly I do not wear a helmet. Bad on me. I pipe my music to the on board speakers & yeah I do tend to sing along. Get some weird looks from time to time, but I'm used to that. On the highway/road trips, I don the helmet, turn on the dongle, & have the music in my helmet. Wife loves it too. The bonus is the phone/GPS pairing & the intercom so that my better half can tell me that I just missed the turn I should have taken. Well, at least the phone/GPS pairing is a bonus. We use the Sena SM10 Dongle & the Sena SMH10 mike/headsets.We discovered that they work very well in pouring rain when we were at SpyderQuest. Summer mesh riding gloves did not work so well, but I digress. Bottom line is, whatever works best for you is what you should do. Just ride, listen to tunes, and have fun!

bmccaffrey
10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm not into the talking but into the listening:p
I bought a pair of torx pro helmet speakers got Them fairly close to my ears.
Bought the torx pro booster:yes:
Ram mount will be next. But will tell u if u want it will blow your frigin ears off you head.

Sounds great for the money:thumbup:

bmccaffrey
10-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Never thought of it. But after looking at the half helmet they probably would velco pretty slickly to the ear flaps. OOOOH would sound great

hdlongrod
10-08-2014, 07:36 PM
We have bluetooth helmet communicators when we ride our Spiders and my VTX has a stereo fairing etc. and I prefer my bluetooth. :yes:

louigii
10-09-2014, 07:11 AM
I put off buying the new F3 because it did not have a radio. I presently have a 2012 RT and have the tunes on all the time. I sure hope they come up with a radio option, if not this years model at least next years, especially on the F3 touring package one.

Lamonster
10-09-2014, 07:20 AM
The idea of the F3 is going back to the roots of motorcycling. Yeah it's nice to have tunes and I do with my phone but how many years did I ride with no tunes, no gps, no windshield, no trunk? I like the F3 just the way it is and I can build what I think I need from there.

den1953
10-09-2014, 08:09 AM
I've had sixteen motorcycles in 44 years and only two of those had a stereo system (2003 Yamaha Royal Star Venture and my current 2012 Victory Cross Country). My last bike prior to the Vic was a 2010 Triumph Rocket III Touring which had a much-much bigger three cylinder motor than the F3 and I enjoyed the sound it made. I can imagine the F3 will have a similar sound to it being as it's another inline triple. Sometimes the music of an engine doing it's thing is all a person needs. That's my two cents worth.

Bob Denman
10-09-2014, 08:45 AM
:agree: Not every bike; is built for everybody...

daveinva
10-09-2014, 11:53 AM
I've never had a bike with a radio, have always figured that anything loud enough for me to hear at speed is going to be too loud for the people around me (and too drowned out for me to enjoy). Sena speakers in the helmet give me clear-sounding music at any speed (and while wearing ear plugs!). Plus, there simply is no substitute for having a BT intercom system when riding with a pillion or friends. After all, there are only so many ways a man can interpret his beloved slapping him upside the helmet, but speech is infinitely flexible!

OJ UK
10-09-2014, 04:14 PM
I think that putting a sound system on an F3 would be like having one on a Hayabusa!!

If I just had to have music I'd go the bluetooth / Sena route.