PDA

View Full Version : Rack/top case options for F3?

daveinva
10-07-2014, 03:18 PM
I didn't see any option for an F3 equivalent to the RS "sport rack" that could potentially accommodate a top case. Is there such a thing?

Honestly, all the F3 reviews have got me more excited than I probably should be given my bank account :shocked:, but one thing holding me back from being REALLY excited about the F3 is the paucity of factory touring options (smaller frunk, ridiculously overpriced small sidecases, no trailer hitch, etc.). I'd expect that like my RS an F3 would be my daily driver, and as such I need at least an equivalent in storage to my RS, so this stuff is important to me.

vondalyn
10-07-2014, 03:56 PM
there's an urban rack that replaces the back seat. It's made of aluminum and has about 1 gallon locking storage inside, and can carry 5 lbs on top with a mesh bungee that comes with it. I think there's a video of it somewhere in the F3 forum. I was going with the muscle attitude package, but when I saw the difference between the mono-seat cowl and the urban rack, I told my dealer I wanted the urban rack instead.

They say once installed, it pops on/pops off with the seat, so I can pop the seat back on for those rare times when I will have a passenger.

here's the link: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?73406-Spyder-F3-Rear-Seat-Storage

daveinva
10-07-2014, 06:43 PM
there's an urban rack that replaces the back seat. It's made of aluminum and has about 1 gallon locking storage inside, and can carry 5 lbs on top with a mesh bungee that comes with it. I think there's a video of it somewhere in the F3 forum. I was going with the muscle attitude package, but when I saw the difference between the mono-seat cowl and the urban rack, I told my dealer I wanted the urban rack instead.

They say once installed, it pops on/pops off with the seat, so I can pop the seat back on for those rare times when I will have a passenger.

here's the link: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?73406-Spyder-F3-Rear-Seat-Storage

Yeah, saw that. Pretty neat, but not a top-box compatible rack, obviously.

Guess I'll just wait and see what the aftermarket can come up with.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-07-2014, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=daveinva;886320]Yeah, saw that. Pretty neat, but not a top-box compatible rack, obviously.

Guess I'll just wait and see what the aftermarket can comE UP WITH........Although I haven't seen it up close , from what I did see of the mounting arraignment BRP has for the passenger back rest ....adding a carry shelf with or without a hard case looks very doable ....IMHO.......Mike ............Let me know if you want one made :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: