PDA

View Full Version : Another round of applause for Ron on the ¨BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar¨ + other farkles...

autoexacto
10-06-2014, 03:40 PM
:clap:Hi Gang, just wanted to share my happiness :yes: since on saturday I got to install the Bajaron sway bar and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!..You may say I am exagerating and/or getting paid by Ron..(LOL) but it is true. I reside in México, believe me roads are different from the materials to the angles for curves, water drainage etc. To see a 4 lane highway each way like in the USA is to think of a miracle. SO, having driven the Y for 3100 kms took a trip to a nice town 325 kms from home with all kinds of roads and the Bajaron Sway Bar paid tribute to its description. Did not know that just small change would make such a difference.

I asked Ron several questions via email on how to lift the Y and after I had it up on the Jack finally understood why the 22 inches = almost half a meter...jejeje...but everything went smoothly and straight forward. Got to know my Y from the inside and how to lift the 3 legged beastie.

If you ask me what was the hardest part for it, was to find one of the screws that holds 2 or 3 tupperwares, besides that was straight forward.

Thanks Ron for all your help and great product!

Also, and since I got the beastie up in 3 legs (sounds dirty..jejeje) got to install the Stainless Stell Kott Grilles, Bump Skid plate (original already cracked), and Missing Belt Guard, all of them installed with no hassles, quality products and easy to install instructions (thanks Harvey!)

Next is the Ride-On that is about to arrive in town within the next 2 to 3 days, pending is the tall vented windshield and extra electrical plug for the frunk (special order and pending arrival at dealership).

I have been using bikes/motorcyles for many years but never so comfortable and safe that on a Spyder...AND specially that the Big Boss feels very comfortable and safe...:ohyea:

That´s all Y Folks..have a great week...need to go back to work ...LOL...:rolleyes:

JayBros
10-06-2014, 04:25 PM
I second your praise of the sway bar. When I rode my new Spyder RT-S home Saturday I experienced severe crosswinds several times during the trip. I could feel the wind strongly buffeting me but there was absolutely no movement of the Spyder. Experienced the same on a short interstate ride yesterday with same zero-effect result. In BRP's defense I must say that on the 40 mile test ride of a stock RT-S from another dealer there were no winds so I can't really compare stock to BajaRon bar performance. From all the plaudits I read before Ron sent the kit to the dealer for installation as part of the OTD package, the performance of my Spyder was sort of what one would expect jumping into a Porsche -- you know it's going to be good but until you experience it you don't know just how good it really is.

Netminder
10-06-2014, 04:30 PM
I will third this on Ron's anti sway bar. Made the world of difference!

Bob Denman
10-06-2014, 04:42 PM
:D It lind of makes you wonder why you waited so long to do it... :shocked:
:congrats:

scottnkansas
10-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm thinking this may need to be my next upgrade. Sounds like it makes a big difference in handling.

Scott

Vossr
10-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Just waiting for payday to order mine. I'm definitely calling it a safety upgrade [grins]

Bob Denman
10-06-2014, 05:34 PM
I'll have to try that; she's got pretty wise, to my other schemes! :opps: :D

autoexacto
10-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Just waiting for payday to order mine. I'm definitely calling it a safety upgrade [grins]

You have to say: ¨....honey, is for our safety, plus you will feel much better and when you take the helmet off quess what? your hair will look the same as before since the sway bar will help us/you on the crosswinds¨...if you say that she will purchase it for you...LOL...:p

autoexacto
10-06-2014, 05:42 PM
I'll have to try that; she's got pretty wise, to my other schemes! :opps: :D

Bob, I have to agree with you, they are getting more and more wiser...jajaja:roflblack:

autoexacto
10-06-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm thinking this may need to be my next upgrade. Sounds like it makes a big difference in handling.

Scott

Hi Scott, to me made a world of difference, less leaning on curves, less swaying when passing trucks, cars or in rural roads where they are somewhat uneven, more precise cornering since would not sway as much...maybe it was my imagination BUT is well worth it!!!

BajaRon
10-06-2014, 08:55 PM
:clap:Hi Gang, just wanted to share my happiness :yes: since on saturday I got to install the Bajaron sway bar and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!..You may say I am exagerating and/or getting paid by Ron..(LOL) but it is true. I reside in México, believe me roads are different from the materials to the angles for curves, water drainage etc. To see a 4 lane highway each way like in the USA is to think of a miracle. SO, having driven the Y for 3100 kms took a trip to a nice town 325 kms from home with all kinds of roads and the Bajaron Sway Bar paid tribute to its description. Did not know that just small change would make such a difference.

I asked Ron several questions via email on how to lift the Y and after I had it up on the Jack finally understood why the 22 inches = almost half a meter...jejeje...but everything went smoothly and straight forward. Got to know my Y from the inside and how to lift the 3 legged beastie.

If you ask me what was the hardest part for it, was to find one of the screws that holds 2 or 3 tupperwares, besides that was straight forward.

Thanks Ron for all your help and great product!

Also, and since I got the beastie up in 3 legs (sounds dirty..jejeje) got to install the Stainless Stell Kott Grilles, Bump Skid plate (original already cracked), and Missing Belt Guard, all of them installed with no hassles, quality products and easy to install instructions (thanks Harvey!)

Next is the Ride-On that is about to arrive in town within the next 2 to 3 days, pending is the tall vented windshield and extra electrical plug for the frunk (special order and pending arrival at dealership).

I have been using bikes/motorcyles for many years but never so comfortable and safe that on a Spyder...AND specially that the Big Boss feels very comfortable and safe...:ohyea:

That´s all Y Folks..have a great week...need to go back to work ...LOL...:rolleyes:

Great to hear that you got this installed! For awhile there I was wondering if you were ever going to see it at all! That bar took the LONG WAY HOME for sure! It overshot you by about 10,000 miles! :yikes:

I'm glad it finally worked out and that you're happy with it. :thumbup:

robtdonna
10-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Add my vote for the BajaRon sway bar. :clap: I shouldn't have been surprised at the difference, as I have a back ground of building and racing oval track stock cars, and sway bars are a definite handling tool. Still the difference this bar has made in the SpYder is outstanding.:yes:

"Synthia" - 2014 Can Am :ani29: RT-SM6
Battery Tender remote pigtail
SpYderPops Missing Belt Guard
LED mirror turn signals
Custom mirror mounting tabs
BajaRon sway bar

autoexacto
10-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Great to hear that you got this installed! For awhile there I was wondering if you were ever going to see it at all! That bar took the LONG WAY HOME for sure! It overshot you by about 10,000 miles! :yikes:

I'm glad it finally worked out and that you're happy with it. :thumbup:

Hey Ron, yes it did travelled quite a bit..jejeje...and I was going to install it a couple of weeks ago but had took the Y for service so it delayed the installation. Everything went smooth and as you said ¨looks are deceiving¨ since the box and contents do not say much but the give quite a PUNCH as to the results (what really matters). Thanks and son will continue to make additions to my Y as per your suggestions (shocks...etc)...Greetings from Tequila Country!:cheers: