PDA

View Full Version : SENA Questions

TexasSpyder
10-05-2014, 05:12 PM
A couple of questions;

1. I read somewhere (can't find thread) that you should turn off the speakers to avoid an echo sound? I haven't found a way to do that.

2. The customer help service for SENA?

J. D.

Motorcycledave
10-05-2014, 05:20 PM
OK dumb question.... Which speakers, the ones on the bike? if so, just turn the volume down
or check with SENA at www.senabluetooth.com

A couple of questions;

1. I read somewhere (can't find thread) that you should turn off the speakers to avoid an echo sound? I haven't found a way to do that.

2. The customer help service for SENA?

J. D.

TexasSpyder
10-05-2014, 05:23 PM
OK dumb question.... Which speakers, the ones on the bike? if so, just turn the volume down

So the volume on the BRP radio doesn't effect the volume of the SENA unit? Got everything installed today, my package was delivered on Saturday like they said.

J. D.

jcthorne
10-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Go into the audio settings on the bike, there is a setting to disable the speakers.

ottawa-rider
10-05-2014, 06:53 PM
So the volume on the BRP radio doesn't effect the volume of the SENA unit? Got everything installed today, my package was delivered on Saturday like they said.

J. D.

Yes it does, turn down the volume of the radio and you'll hear nothing from the headset.

The trick as mentioned above is to turn off the "external speakers" under Audio from the preferences menu.

finless
10-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Yes it does, turn down the volume of the radio and you'll hear nothing from the headset.

The trick as mentioned above is to turn off the "external speakers" under Audio from the preferences menu.

That is not correct until you hold the volume down which mutes all audio. Volume of speakers does not change input volume to the sm-10. But as I said holding volume down on the left grip mutes the radio and thus BT input.

There is a radio setting to turn off the speakers but I just turn the volume of the speakers down so I don't hear the delay in the headset (speaker volume is so low you cannot hear them over the headset.)

Bob

Supernam
10-05-2014, 08:19 PM
You can listen to the radio through your Sena Bluetooth headset? I did not know that, guess I should play around with the settings a little more.

billybovine
10-06-2014, 08:26 AM
That is not correct until you hold the volume down which mutes all audio. Volume of speakers does not change input volume to the sm-10. But as I said holding volume down on the left grip mutes the radio and thus BT input.

There is a radio setting to turn off the speakers but I just turn the volume of the speakers down so I don't hear the delay in the headset (speaker volume is so low you cannot hear them over the headset.)

Bob

Muting the radio does not mute all audio there is one exception. That is the GPS connected to the radio. That will come through muted or not.

billybovine
10-06-2014, 08:27 AM
You can listen to the radio through your Sena Bluetooth headset? I did not know that, guess I should play around with the settings a little more.

After installing the optional BT Dongle.

oldguyinTX
10-06-2014, 08:28 AM

You can also listen to your iPod or MP3 player through Sena head sets. Radio & iPod/MP3 must be paired up. The manual are very confusing. Call Sena @ 866-300-1235, they will have you set up in about 10 minutes. Once paired, you are good to go.

Edit: Yes, you must have the Sena Bluetooth Dongle.

ottawa-rider
10-06-2014, 08:29 AM

You need the Bluetooth Dongle for that, a.k.a. the Sena SM10.

ChicoFowler
10-06-2014, 12:07 PM
I had my setup installed about 2 weeks ago. I turn the volume down to a point where you can't hear it, but it comes through the Sena without any problems. If you have your Iphone/Ipod or MP3 hooked up through the trunk, it will come through the radio and the Dongle to your headset. Once the Dongle is on, anything that would normally come through the radio is piped to your headset. I had my Dongle installed in the glove box using Velcro. Makes it so much easier to turn on/off or even remove. Don't have to go through the Frunk. Didn't turn on the XM yet. Riding season here in Nebraska is almost over, so I'm saving the trail period for the beginning of riding season early spring. But I use it for all other radio options....really great!!!