PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 11th Caswell Ride & Pot Luck

Paula(Butch2025)
10-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Well...it's hard to believe and somewhat sad to think that our official ride season is coming to an end. :yikes:

I know all you die-hard Up North Riders are saying, "What!!!! It's still nice out." I agree, but this is our last "scheduled" ride...if the weather holds and the roads stay clear there is plenty of riding left up here in Minnesota!

With that said...we will meet at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN on Saturday, October 11 at 9am and the ride will leave at 10am. The ride destination has yet to be determined...I know our original schedule said we'd be doing a river ride...it also says that these things are not carved in stone and are subject to change...sometime enroute!!! Have a full tank of gas, rain suits, and cold weather gear so that we can really enjoy the whole day.
There will be a pot luck supper :bbq: back at Les & Kaye Caswell's house (next to the shop) featuring Les's famous chili. So...crack open those cookbooks and make something to share or stop by your favorite grocery store and bring your favorite snack. This will also be the last ride that you can draw a card to try for the best card to complete your poker hand.
We look forward to seeing you all there (even if it'll be your first ride with us) Happy riding until then.:ohyea:

Paula & Butch

SPYD3R
10-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Well...it's hard to believe and somewhat sad to think that our official ride season is coming to an end. :yikes:

WHA'WHA'WHAT.....??? END.....???? NEVER....

riding in the south is limited to Jan. 1st until Dec. 31st.... maybe it's time for a 'relo'..... COME ON DOWN.... :thumbup:
South Carolina to Southern California is wide open to riding 12 months per year..... JOINT US....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

SpyderAnn01
10-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Our season is just getting started so load up those bikes and come on out! We could even have a Las Vegas potluck, or as we call it, a buffet!

Paula(Butch2025)
10-06-2014, 06:51 AM
Our season is just getting started so load up those bikes and come on out! We could even have a Las Vegas potluck, or as we call it, a buffet!

As I wake up this morning to 36 degrees, a road trip to Vegas is sounding pretty darn good!

Butch is retiring so those kind of trips are going to be a reality one of these days.

Paula(Butch2025)
10-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Here are some photos from our ride. We had 18 Spyders with 23 people show on a chilly morning. At least it got above freezing (46) before heading out for the group ride. Hopefully some will post photos of our pot luck back at the Caswell's home. Our high poker hand winner was Cindy, with Neal (Eagle) a close second and Mary was third. Lots of great food and as always great people.
Butch and I have a destination picked out for the November ride, now we just need Mother Nature to cooperate!

cyclelover63
10-13-2014, 04:18 PM
great turnout for 46 degree weather!..What was the winning hand?

Paula(Butch2025)
10-14-2014, 06:40 AM
great turnout for 46 degree weather!..What was the winning hand?
I believe she had a full house Kings high, when she pulled the king she still would've had a flush going that would have beat the next person....it was her win either way!