PDA

View Full Version : Ok it's my turn to rant!

Well Hell
10-03-2014, 06:02 PM
So here is sit at week two this time, with no Spyder to ride. The end of August I took my 2013 Rt-S in for an oil change and the 12,000 mile service. I only got the service done because I had a pre-paid maintenance plan. This was the last one. So much to my sorrow I had it done. They took 7 days to get it done. I get it back and it's leaking oil like a seive. So back we go! They have it another week and admitted that they must have pinched a gasket. I get it back. it seems to be ok, and bingo it starts leaking again! I call the dealership and the service manager says "it must be the way you ride it"! I say what? And tell him it did not drip a drop of oil until you guys had it. So I run it up the road to another dealer. This dealer takes one look at it and this is no Bueno. I leave it and two days later they call and say the past dealer not only did not put in new seals they left off a bunch off casters under the Tupperware. So a BRP Dealer is going to cost me about $1200 to fix their screw up. I do plan to go to the dealer to try to get my Money back and notify BRP about this. I will keep you all posted and once I find out how this past dealership is going to handle it I will let you know who they are. But if you are in the San Diego area be very careful who you let work on your Spyder. PM me and will let you know who it is but I will refrain from publicly blasting them pending how they handle this. Whew ok I am done!

Bob Denman
10-03-2014, 06:05 PM
:shocked: Do you feel any better? :shocked:
I'm sorry to hear that you got hookd by the wrong dealer. :gaah:
I think that they do more to hurt sales, than anything or anybody else.
Take the bill back to the first bunch of :cus:, and tell them to write you a check.
Please let us know how this all ends-up; good luck! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
10-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Ouch! Another dealer from Heck! Seven days to do an oil change...now that is some real customer service. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Failure to change or put gaskets in correctly, damaging Tupperware in the process...that shows some real mechanical competency. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Like Bob suggested: try to get your money back, and by all means report them to BRP.

My dealer screwed up on my last valve job-- the mechanic failed to put new gaskets in and the bike started to leak like a sieve. They repaired it no questions asked and the $800 labor for the teardown was on them the second time around.

Princeau99
10-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Did the mech try to explain how your riding style caused a leak. That's the most boneheaded statement I have ever heard from a "Service" guy.
good luck n getting a resolution. :mad:

Well Hell
10-03-2014, 06:12 PM
I plan to return to original dealer as well as BRP with the final bill, to see if they will own up to it. I suspect they won't but one can hope. I may picket the deal ship if they don't. Stand on the public sidewalk on Saturday afternoon with a sign that says don't buy here it may cost $1200 in unplanned maintenance! But yes I feel a little better. It would feel better to have my knees in the breeze.

Dan McNally
10-03-2014, 06:13 PM
A dealer who claims an oil leak is caused by "the way you ride it" must be a Congressman in training, and is working on his lying skills . . . :banghead:

Well Hell
10-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Once he said that my riding caused the leak I knew I needed to find another dealer. The current place Escondido Cycle Center has been great. They call every other day and give me an update. They also found another mechanical issue with the potential failure of the clutch and told me about! They are fixing that under warranty.

Bob Denman
10-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Well; at least we can be a little bit happy, that the new dealer seems to be a winner! :2thumbs:
Be careful about the entire "sign" thing; if they say that you're trespassing, they might be able to call the Cops...

Well Hell
10-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I would only stand on the public sidewalk and not block the driveway. I think public protest is still lawful in America, so far.

spyder3
10-03-2014, 08:01 PM
The chances of them giving you a dime back is zilch......Was this maintenance plan only with that specific dealer?

Well Hell
10-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Yes, but regardless this dealer should not be selling or servicing SPyders. I realize I am probably out the money but I may do the small claims route and call everyone at the dearlship that I talked to into court via subpoenas. I saw a car dealer settle quickly when this was done.

spyder3
10-03-2014, 08:21 PM
I guess i should have said willingly-) i sure hope you can recoup something/ good luck!

Red angel
10-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Yes, but regardless this dealer should not be selling or servicing SPyders. I realize I am probably out the money but I may do the small claims route and call everyone at the dearlship that I talked to into court via subpoenas. I saw a car dealer settle quickly when this was done.

I am not an attorney but my suggestion is if you do not get satisfaction from the first dealer or BRP, Small Claims Court in CA you can sue up to $10,000.00. Just make sure that you have the second dealer put in writing the problems the fist dealer caused. Make sure you have the name of the person you contacted in regards to reimbursing you. I hope it does not need to come to this.

flamingobabe
10-03-2014, 08:39 PM
that is a real bummer.....wishing you satisfactory outcome

bruiser
10-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Sounds like a Judge Judy case.

I despise dishonest mechanics and dealers. Good luck with your "case".

BikerDoc
10-03-2014, 09:59 PM
This has to be the most dealer sensitive product in the world

Seadog1
10-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Clear case of a dealer that can sell but has no clue about the product it self.

Chupaca
10-03-2014, 10:19 PM
sure hope you get some satisfaction from dealer one...Escondido is good so I hear so they should have you back on the road. Wonder if they could confirm the shoddy work so when you speak to brp you have some back up..hope to see you on our next ryde...:gaah:

Well Hell
10-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Yeah not riding is killing us. The current place is saying next week :pray:. Hope to see all of my San Diego riding buddies soon!:yes:

vided
10-04-2014, 07:32 AM
wow, a total horror story.
was this one of those sell everything type dealers ( spyders, atvs, mowers, tons of used bikes, boats, etc )?

Well Hell
10-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Yeah they sell all of the major brands except HD and BMW along with all the sea craft and off road things the brands make and of I think I can get generators there too! To bad they don't have a knowledgeable maintenance staff.:hun:

vided
10-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Yeah they sell all of the major brands except HD and BMW along with all the sea craft and off road things the brands make and of I think I can get generators there too! To bad they don't have a knowledgeable maintenance staff.:hun:

sell everything, service nothing !!

Dgjason
10-04-2014, 09:08 AM
The small claims court will probably be your ultimate answer. Did it myself many years ago but didn't get settlement until years later when the property was being sold and would not go through until claim was settled. Good luck. I seem to read about way to many dealer problems, of one sort or another. :banghead: Berhaps our society is just not as caring as days gone by :dontknow:

Dennis

finless
10-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Once he said that my riding caused the leak I knew I needed to find another dealer. The current place Escondido Cycle Center has been great. They call every other day and give me an update. They also found another mechanical issue with the potential failure of the clutch and told me about! They are fixing that under warranty.

That is who built my 2011 RTS and it has been great! So props to them for a great assembly job!
If I lived closer to them I would use them for my dealer.

Bob

Well Hell
10-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Yeah Bob based upon how they are handling this they will be my dealer of choice for warranty work!:clap::)

mindman
10-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Sorry for your troubles! Dealers like the one that did your service should be "disenfranchised" (pun intended). I hope you can get your money back but unfortunately I think it's doubtful. I can't imagine BRP coming through with a reimbursement either but hey...who knows?! Good Luck.

Well Hell
10-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Hayfield, I just noticed your avatar :yes: I spent 4 years with the 341st SMW at Malmstrom AFB in Montana, and 4 years at Vandenberg.:thumbup:

robmorg
10-05-2014, 10:17 AM
This has to be the most dealer sensitive product in the world I agree. That's because the design of this machine is so dang complicated. I often wonder if all that engineering complexity was really necessary.

That's not to excuse the actions of this particular dealer, however.

Hammertime
10-05-2014, 10:37 AM
sorry to be off topic -- Hayfield and Well Hell -- I also served in SAC -- 305 Bomber Wing - Medium , Grissom AFB Indiana -- B-58's -- dont often see any SAC guys around -- Salute !!

Bob Denman
10-05-2014, 04:45 PM
I agree. That's because the design of this machine is so dang complicated. I often wonder if all that engineering complexity was really necessary.

That's not to excuse the actions of this particular dealer, however.
In order to make the Reverse Trike rideable; yeah... the technology IS necessary! :thumbup:

Well Hell
10-05-2014, 05:18 PM
sorry to be off topic -- Hayfield and Well Hell -- I also served in SAC -- 305 Bomber Wing - Medium , Grissom AFB Indiana -- B-58's -- dont often see any SAC guys around -- Salute !!

Yeah SAC was the real stand ready guys " PEACE is OUR PROFESSION" ( war was just a hobby) minuteman 2 and 3's

shelbydave
10-06-2014, 08:11 AM
It seems that some dealers think they are the only show in the big top, so they can do or say whatever they want. BRP should be sending surveys to customers not only for sales experience, but service experience as well. Dealers who fall below a certain level, should be given 30 days to improve, or lose the franchise. These things aren't so unknown now that it would be hard to find another dealer in the same area.

For the record... 93rd Bomb wing (OMS) - Castle AFB CA.

jcthorne
10-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Not sure why the OP is being asked to pay for anything. The engine seals are covered by the BRP warranty. If they were damaged by a BRP dealer, does not effect warranty coverage. If BRP feels the cost should be borne by the previous dealer, they are welcome to withold payment from the first dealer. Just because one dealer does service to your bike does not mean that all future warranty coverage is through that dealer only.

I have been through this very predicament with a Ford. BRP needs to cover the leaking seals under the terms of its warranty. If he had gone to a non BRP service center, things would be different but he did not.

GET BRP involved. Its not your responsibility to pay for faulty work from one of BRPs dealers, the warranty is still valid.

Dan_Ashley
10-06-2014, 12:13 PM
I plan to return to original dealer as well as BRP with the final bill, to see if they will own up to it. I suspect they won't but one can hope. I may picket the deal ship if they don't. Stand on the public sidewalk on Saturday afternoon with a sign that says don't buy here it may cost $1200 in unplanned maintenance! But yes I feel a little better. It would feel better to have my knees in the breeze.don't do that. You will frustrate yourself. Just take a short ride over to the court house and file a small claims lawsuit. It is less frustrating, quicker, and more certain.

VCGILRO
10-06-2014, 02:49 PM
yes Escondido cycle center have a good service technician in Herm Kresser
he done all my service :bowdown::yes::clap: