PDA

View Full Version : I think I like it

SpyderAnn01
10-02-2014, 10:08 PM
I've had my 2014 RTS for a little over 7 months now and I've put over 25,000 miles on it. That works out to 113 miles per day and I'm leaving on Sunday for a trip that should be about 5,000 miles so that will bump up the daily mileage to approx. 125. So far I have:

1. Not added a single drop of oil between changes
2. Worn out 2 rear tires and am 7,000 miles into tire #3
3. Replaced front tires at 19,000 miles due to cupping
4. Had to replace the inner bucket on the left rear saddlebag due to hinge failure
5. Might be ready for brake pads - will check that when we change the oil on Saturday
6. Never gone into Limp Mode
7. Made my dogs very unhappy

Yes, I think I like it.

ChasCS
10-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Please adopt me?

Why yes, I am house trained and do put down the seat... ;-)
Thanks for asking. Hahaha

But you haven't posted enough awesome trip pics, for my liking.

Please correct that short coming. Hahahahahhehe

Have a great night. Out ryding I'm guessing?

Chas

Dragonrider
10-02-2014, 10:22 PM
And I'm really sorry we couldn't gen up enough local interest to entice you to Oregon, adding a few more miles to your clock!! Ride safe.

Chupaca
10-02-2014, 10:23 PM
know it was a rough road getting here..!! Enjoy....:2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
10-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Chas, I suck at the picture taking thing. If I stopped all the time to take pictures I wouldn't have made it so far. Yes, we are blessed to be able to travel for work and for pleasure.

SpyderAnn01
10-02-2014, 10:27 PM
And I'm really sorry we couldn't gen up enough local interest to entice you to Oregon, adding a few more miles to your clock!! Ride safe.

We almost called you on Monday night. We did ride through Oregon but we came through pretty late and had to hit the road early on Tuesday. We will get you next time!

I had never been to Portland and I thought it was really pretty at night. I would like to get back there some day to see more of it than the freeway.

ChasCS
10-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Chas, I suck at the picture taking thing. If I stopped all the time to take pictures I wouldn't have made it so far. Yes, we are blessed to be able to travel for work and for pleasure.

Let your iPhone do the work, just press the on screen button. ;-)

As I said before, all of your lovely and descriptive explanations and colourful words always paint a lovely picture in my minds eye. Thanks for that.

Chas

Big Arm
10-02-2014, 10:52 PM
:congrats: Ann, I know how much you must love that 2014 RTS.
I can vouch for it being such a sweet ride. I still tell people about you letting me take it for a test ride after you just got it. I never rode a Spyder that was any smoother than that !!! :ohyea:and then I forgot about that 6th gear :banghead: :roflblack:
Have a safe trip....

SpyderAnn01
10-02-2014, 11:09 PM
:congrats: Ann, I know how much you must love that 2014 RTS.
I can vouch for it being such a sweet ride. I still tell people about you letting me take it for a test ride after you just got it. I never rode a Spyder that was any smoother than that !!! :ohyea:and then I forgot about that 6th gear :banghead: :roflblack:
Have a safe trip....

I hope we get a chance to get together in Tucson this winter!

ARtraveler
10-02-2014, 11:25 PM
What a difference a year makes! Glad you are still lovin that 2014.

Same here but only 9,000 miles so far. Rear tire #1 went on yesterday.

ChasCS
10-02-2014, 11:35 PM
We're you singing this song, when you posted this thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrfFMY4S76A

I hope so... ;-)

Only because I KNOW I like it, a lot! Hahaha

Chas

Jester
10-02-2014, 11:57 PM
Have really enjoyed your posts. Hope you find your way down south to the Natchez, Ms area. Would be delighted to show you some Southern Hospitality!

SpyRyd
10-03-2014, 04:33 AM
Ann, I like mine also (over 15,200 miles in 6 months) even though:
- replaced left mirror (moisture in turn signal lens)
- replaced fuel guage (smudge (?) on inside of glass)
- replaced glove box lid (cover came unglued)
- had misaligned body panels/tail lights
- replaced rear tire at 7788 miles
- replaced front tires at about 10,000 miles due to cupping
- replaced both front rotors (warped)
- in shop 19 days for oil leak repair (first time)
- currently in shop for oil leak repair (second time)

And yes I still like it!

edit, forgot to mention
- replacing noisy fuel pump while in shop for oil leak repair

And even with this addition to the above list, I still like it!

PW2013STL
10-03-2014, 05:04 AM
I've had my 2014 RTS for a little over 7 months now and I've put over 25,000 miles on it. That works out to 113 miles per day and I'm leaving on Sunday for a trip that should be about 5,000 miles so that will bump up the daily mileage to approx. 125. So far I have:

1. Not added a single drop of oil between changes
2. Worn out 2 rear tires and am 7,000 miles into tire #3
3. Replaced front tires at 19,000 miles due to cupping
4. Had to replace the inner bucket on the left rear saddlebag due to hinge failure
5. Might be ready for brake pads - will check that when we change the oil on Saturday
6. Never gone into Limp Mode
7. Made my dogs very unhappy

Yes, I think I like it.

Hi Ann,

Sure glad you like it :yes:

For me only 14,000 miles but comparing your list

1) check
2) on 2nd tire and it still looks good after 8000 miles
3) fronts cupping, but still ridding on them
4) in process
5) replaced with EBC pads in an effort to reduce noise
6) check
7) don't have any

So is Joe looking at the F3?

Bob Denman
10-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Are you starting to feel as if this might be a "guilty Pleasure"?
Kind of like Chocolates, AND wine; at the Spa? :D

(Or Steak, AND your favorite beer; at a Rodeo?)

StanProff
10-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Hey guys and gals, as I am really close to springing for an '14 RT S, what is the cause of the front tires cupping on a few of them? Is it happening before the lazer alignment? Of course it is not a deal breaker but I like to know what to expect or how to avoid an issue. My 2010 RTS has 25,000 on the original fronts and surprisingly are still in good shape.. no cupping, good even ware on them with a good 5,000 or so more miles in them. (Yes, I had the lazer alignment done by Lamont at his place last year.) What do you think would cause the cupping?

JkRbbt
10-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Thanx, Anne, for your report. It is comments like this that got me interested in the Spyder in the first place, comments from real riders rather than some slick Hollywood dude that takes one out for a photo op! Hope your great experience continues! Happy trails!

PrairieSpyder
10-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Ann, I still like mine, too, though I only have 7000 miles so far since first of May.

I sure wish I could figure out how to make my Spyder touring pay. I'd be on the road a lot more. But I miss my dog when I'm gone.

Thanks for the report! :thumbup:

spyder3
10-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Anne, you'll be ready for a 2016 by the end of 2015. Amazing to see some of the miles you ladies put on the spyders. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Ann, I still like mine, too, though I only have 7000 miles so far since first of May.

I sure wish I could figure out how to make my Spyder touring pay. I'd be on the road a lot more. But I miss my dog when I'm gone.

Thanks for the report! :thumbup:

I've got so few miles, that I'm embarassed... :opps:

You guys Rock The House!! :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
10-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Hey guys and gals, as I am really close to springing for an '14 RT S, what is the cause of the front tires cupping on a few of them? Is it happening before the lazer alignment? Of course it is not a deal breaker but I like to know what to expect or how to avoid an issue. My 2010 RTS has 25,000 on the original fronts and surprisingly are still in good shape.. no cupping, good even ware on them with a good 5,000 or so more miles in them. (Yes, I had the lazer alignment done by Lamont at his place last year.) What do you think would cause the cupping?

The cupping is from the crappy Kenda tire compound.

bruiser
10-03-2014, 09:36 AM
The wife put over 800 miles on her new RTS the first two days she had it. That was the trip back from Spyderquest. I checked the oil on hers and mine (2012 RTS) when we got back. Hers was fine mine was down a bit. Oh yeah, she likes it. Still has the smile on her face.

Bob Denman
10-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Where is that leak-down test, that Docdoru posted here a few years' back?
I wonder if a test like that has been done on the 1330s yet?

spyder3
10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
The wife put over 800 miles on her new RTS the first two days she had it. That was the trip back from Spyderquest. I checked the oil on hers and mine (2012 RTS) when we got back. Hers was fine mine was down a bit. Oh yeah, she likes it. Still has the smile on her face.

no stop in joisey?

PW2013STL
10-03-2014, 11:57 AM
The cupping is from the crappy Kenda tire compound.

I agree 100% as I had the laser alignment done before the cupping showed up and the alignment checked after and it was spot on.