PDA

View Full Version : Fan

springcrawler
10-02-2014, 06:03 PM
First & formost let me say i am very satisfied with our 2012 RTL however it seems i was under the impression when i bought the extended warranty i would have a piece of mind in case of a major failure,this is not the case.On our recent bucket list trip our fan went out which amongst other things shares the same fuse as our headlight does ? So not only did we not have a fan we did not have lights:banghead: Now this would not have been a problem if we where just down the street from the house but we where 800mi from home.:gaah:.So i got on the phone called the best dealer in the great state of Missouri (some of you may know them:thumbup:) they said sure Greg bring it down we will fix you up& get you headed back to Texas in a snap.So i get up early drive the 3 hrs to them again i have no lights or fan what a trip that was,pull into the dealer they get me looked at say need new fan and it is NOT covered under my warranty:banghead: so i pay the bill head back to Texas shoot email to BRP about not covering a part i think is as valuable as the oil in the spyder to no avail they say it is NOT covered under the extended warranty. So i am putting this out to let all my fellow spyder owners know incase your fan goes out 2 important things
1 make sure you can get it towed to dealer since the headlight runs on same fuse i do NOT recommend driving with no lights:roflblack:
2 make sure you have some fun money stashed away this is not a cheap repair:mad:

Again love the spyder we have 2, just was not prepared for something like this .
Greg

Dgjason
10-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Makes me wonder, what else is not covered on the ...Extended Warranty..:dontknow:

Gordy
10-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Makes me wonder, what else is not covered on the ...Extended Warranty..:dontknow:
lots

bruiser
10-02-2014, 07:02 PM
That seems strange. Is it the B.E.S.T. warranty?

springcrawler
10-02-2014, 07:12 PM
That seems strange. Is it the B.E.S.T. warranty?

Yes bought it when i bought the bike new in 2012

Magdave
10-02-2014, 07:19 PM
I would be contacting BRP a radiator fan is not a "wear and tear item" or a "maintenance item". In fact it does not mention the water pump either which is a known weak point nor any part of the cooling system. It is not specifically mentioned either way on the website maybe they would reimburse you as a "goodwill gesture":dontknow:

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html#jump-nav-group-429706510

http://can-am.brp.com/content/dam/canam-spyder/Canada/English/MY2014/Documents/Owners/BEST_Protection.pdf

(http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html#jump-nav-group-429706512)

B.E.S.T. EXTENDED SERVICE

Whether you're on the highway or a country road, B.E.S.T. protection lets you focus on your vehicle – and enjoy every minute of the ride.

Best Coverage, Best Parts, Best Value
· Extending your warranty: The best coverage for the best vehicles.
B.E.S.T. offers 12-, 24-, or 36-month coverage beyond the manufacturer’s warranty on most BRP vehicles, kicking in the second your vehicle’s limited warranty expires.

· Nationwide service: Coverage that travels with you.
The great outdoors is even greater when you’re riding worry-free! You’re always covered. B.E.S.T. repairs can be done through any authorized BRP dealer in North America.

· Only genuine BRP parts and service: Trust the team that built your vehicle.
The B.E.S.T. protection plan guarantees service from BRP-certified technicians, using only genuine BRP parts, so your vehicle runs as well as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

· Fully transferable, at no cost: The ultimate accessory.
B.E.S.T. transfers ownership whenever your vehicle changes hands, at no cost to either the buyer or seller.

· Unlimited mileage protection: Have fun without watching the clock.
The B.E.S.T. protection plan doesn’t saddle participants with mileage, usage or time restrictions. Our goal is to make sure you can depend on your vehicle and get maximum enjoyment out of it.

COVERED ITEMS

ENGINE

Pistons
Cylinder heads
Cylinders
Muffler
Crankshaft

IGNITION & STARTER
Rewind starter
Starter relay
Stator
Magneto
Electric starter

ELECTRICAL
Ignition switch
Voltage regulator
Electronic modules
Speedometer / Tachometer
Vehicle stability system

TRANSMISSION/PROPULSION
Drive shaft
Riding plate
Transmission

SUSPENSION & DRIVE SYSTEM
Differential
Drive shaft
CV joints
Drive axle
Countershaft
Chaincase

FUEL SYSTEM
Fuel tank
Fuel injector
Fuel pump
Carburetor
Throttle body

BRAKES
Calipers
Master cylinder
ABS
Speed sensors

Note: Accessories, normal wear and maintenance items such as tires, batteries, bulbs, filters and lubricants are not covered

jerpinoy
10-02-2014, 07:43 PM
I think it's a good idea to have seperate fuse on fan and lights .

spyder3
10-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Well, at least the dealer got you in and out and on your way....some upside...no?

springcrawler
10-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Well, at least the dealer got you in and out and on your way....some upside...no?

Let me say this it was on 4th of July how many dealers you know would have got me up & back on the road on a holiday truly the best customer service i have seen in a loooooong time :thumbup:

spyder3
10-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Let me say this it was on 4th of July how many dealers you know would have got me up & back on the road on a holiday truly the best customer service i have seen in a loooooong time :thumbup:

wow....how many would even be open, no less get you going....:bowdown:

Chupaca
10-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I would be contacting BRP a radiator fan is not a "wear and tear item" or a "maintenance item". In fact it does not mention the water pump either which is a known weak point nor any part of the cooling system. It is not specifically mentioned either way on the website maybe they would reimburse you as a "goodwill gesture":dontknow:

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html#jump-nav-group-429706510

http://can-am.brp.com/content/dam/canam-spyder/Canada/English/MY2014/Documents/Owners/BEST_Protection.pdf

(http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html#jump-nav-group-429706512)

B.E.S.T. EXTENDED SERVICE

Whether you're on the highway or a country road, B.E.S.T. protection lets you focus on your vehicle – and enjoy every minute of the ride.

Best Coverage, Best Parts, Best Value
· Extending your warranty: The best coverage for the best vehicles.
B.E.S.T. offers 12-, 24-, or 36-month coverage beyond the manufacturer’s warranty on most BRP vehicles, kicking in the second your vehicle’s limited warranty expires.

· Nationwide service: Coverage that travels with you.
The great outdoors is even greater when you’re riding worry-free! You’re always covered. B.E.S.T. repairs can be done through any authorized BRP dealer in North America.

· Only genuine BRP parts and service: Trust the team that built your vehicle.
The B.E.S.T. protection plan guarantees service from BRP-certified technicians, using only genuine BRP parts, so your vehicle runs as well as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

· Fully transferable, at no cost: The ultimate accessory.
B.E.S.T. transfers ownership whenever your vehicle changes hands, at no cost to either the buyer or seller.

· Unlimited mileage protection: Have fun without watching the clock.
The B.E.S.T. protection plan doesn’t saddle participants with mileage, usage or time restrictions. Our goal is to make sure you can depend on your vehicle and get maximum enjoyment out of it.

COVERED ITEMS

ENGINE

Pistons
Cylinder heads
Cylinders
Muffler
Crankshaft

IGNITION & STARTER
Rewind starter
Starter relay
Stator
Magneto
Electric starter

ELECTRICAL
Ignition switch
Voltage regulator
Electronic modules
Speedometer / Tachometer
Vehicle stability system

TRANSMISSION/PROPULSION
Drive shaft
Riding plate
Transmission

SUSPENSION & DRIVE SYSTEM
Differential
Drive shaft
CV joints
Drive axle
Countershaft
Chaincase

FUEL SYSTEM
Fuel tank
Fuel injector
Fuel pump
Carburetor
Throttle body

BRAKES
Calipers
Master cylinder
ABS
Speed sensors

Note: Accessories, normal wear and maintenance items such as tires, batteries, bulbs, filters and lubricants are not covered

This seems to be an automobile policy. We have no cv joints no driveshaft, chaincase cover diferencial etc. No wonder they can pick and choose what they will and will not cover....:lecturef_smilie: