PDA

View Full Version : F3 Frunk... any pictures?

daveinva
10-02-2014, 04:38 PM
I must have missed it-- anyone see any photos of what the F3 frunk actually looks like open? :dontknow:

Everyone assumes its smaller than the current stable of Spyders based on the exterior shots, but aside from the actual volume number (which is?), I'm simply curious what it looks like inside there.

spydsense
10-02-2014, 05:04 PM
:popcorn:

Bob Denman
10-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Popcorn? :shocked:
How about some ribs and Bratwurst? :bbq::bbq::bbq:

JkRbbt
10-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I asked, about a week ago, politely I thought, but no one with access seems to have a camera! ;)

vondalyn
10-02-2014, 05:57 PM
I read/heard that it's like half the size of the RS frunk. I think I read/heard the actual gallon size at one point, so I'm sure that info is out there. Obviously I haven't seen it, so take the information for what it's worth (not much).

I'll swing back around to everything I've looked at and see if I can find the gallon size again.

sledmaster
10-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Yes the frunk is quite small. I would say 1/2 of what we are used to. Maybe get a helmet in there. I carried my backpack in there. I will look to see if I got a photo of it, was high on my list but I think I spaced it out. The front radiators are mounted sideways along the nose bucket. I do have a chassis photo of the nose and radiators without all of the body work, let me find that. But yes, the frunk is very small. That is really the only thing I can complain about on it. But there are a couple of small storage compartments up along the fuel cell, so you do gain back some of the total storage volume. Those are handy for gloves, cell phone, that kind of stuff. Give and take.

Fat Crip
10-02-2014, 06:16 PM
I read somewhere its 22 litres or half the existing models. The saddle bags are also smaller at 33 litres on the touring package. A total of 55 litres compared to about 90 or so on the ST or RS with saddle bags and 155 odd on the RT. As a one bag traveler, I often boast that there is no where I can't travel with a European airline carry on bag which is, coincidentally, the same 45 litres as my ST's frunk :-)

wis2013rtltd
10-02-2014, 10:40 PM
specs.

http://can-am.brp.com/content/dam/ca...N_US_FINAL.pdf (http://can-am.brp.com/content/dam/canam-spyder/UnitedStates/English/MY2015/Documents/Lineup/2015%20Spyder%20Brochure%20EN_US_FINAL.pdf)

OJ UK
10-03-2014, 05:42 AM
There're some great pictures here: http://www.f3hq.com/spyder-f3-features/b2z8l55aqbx3np33s7c12dnzx6fbku

Including this one.........96314 Click on this thumbnail! :thumbup:

sledmaster
10-03-2014, 06:15 AM
That picture makes it look bigger than what it really is. In real life it appears to be only 1/2 the volume of what we are used to. It is small. A helmet will be a tight fit, maybe some room left below it, but it is much smaller.

96317 I added an image of the front end without all of the plastic. You can see how the radiators/coolers are mounted and how much room there is up front. The big front nose area acts like a bucket to scoop in the air and then splits it into the two coolers. This leaves less room for our beloved cargo bin.

I believe this could be the camouflaged unit the initial spy photos were taken of, as it was fitted with all kinds of data acquisition sensors and monitors for VSS and ABS calibrations. Here are the dash mounted monitors as well......
96320 96319

Bob Denman
10-03-2014, 10:24 AM
:shocked: Do I see a problem brewing under the new setup?
If that nose is scooping the air in, and directing it OUT through the radiators; are we going to have heat related issues with the tire bead, or the brakes? :yikes:

Just Kidding!! :roflblack:

Thanks for the pictures! :clap:

PrairieSpyder
10-03-2014, 11:47 AM
There're some great pictures here: http://www.f3hq.com/spyder-f3-features/b2z8l55aqbx3np33s7c12dnzx6fbku

Including this one.........96314 Click on this thumbnail! :thumbup:

Thanks, OJ!

dguisinger
10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm going to miss the trunk liner but I suppose the thickness and pockets would take too much space away

hmm it looks like it's designed to hold a helmet upside down with how its rounded on the bottom, and looks like front to back it is similar in size...

still sad im going to lose a lot of the utility I have enjoyed

den1953
10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
It might be enough to hold a helmet, not sure about a full face but maybe. I mostly wear a shorty style helmet so no problem here. I'll have to see it in person to tell.

Bob Denman
10-03-2014, 05:23 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif I wonder if they'll let me take my helmet into the Progressive International Motorcycle Show (Dec 12-14, in NYC), and see if it'll fit in that space? :dontknow:

Magdave
10-03-2014, 11:50 PM
So the Slingshot will have more storage than the F3? What do you do with the passenger helmet?:dontknow:

dguisinger
10-04-2014, 12:27 AM
So the Slingshot will have more storage than the F3? What do you do with the passenger helmet?:dontknow:

Having only had a spyder I must say I can't fathom leaving my $200 helmet sitting there for people to steal or mess with or for the wind to knock off my handlebars....

daveinva
10-04-2014, 07:35 AM

Same thing I do with my RS, since my frunk's so full of tools, towels, gloves and other :cus: that I can only fit one helmet in there anyway: coil lock through the grab bars.

Is there no option for a liner in the F3 frunk? Even if you lose a little space, it's so much more convenient (I'd gouge up that plastic in a heartbeat without a liner)

Bob Denman
10-04-2014, 10:20 AM
You simply carry it with you! :thumbup:
it's the safest place for it! :D

dguisinger
10-04-2014, 12:04 PM
You simply carry it with you! :thumbup:
it's the safest place for it! :D

Maybe I just need an inflatable pump up helmet that I can fit in my pocket